It's not Damian Maia's opponents, it's Damian himself

That is not mmath...

MMAth is

"Fighter 'A' has previously defeated Fighter 'B'. Fighter 'B' has previously defeated Fighter 'C'. Therefore, Fighter 'A' will destroy Fighter 'C"

All i did was just compare performances against a common ranked opponent and while Full Camp Snoozeman got taken down by 2 week notice Maia and wobbled by Maia's left hand in the first few rounds.

Full Camp Maia in Brazil could not even come close to getting a takedown on Colby and was a bloody mess at the end of the 3rd round.

Nothing but facts was mentioned that are for some reason triggering the Excuseman fanboys who sound like they are scared that Colby Covington might actually a better fighter than Excuseman.

There was no takedown in this fight.

http://www.ufc.com/event/fight-night-santiago-2018

Maia is so goddamn frustrating to me because he’s got excellent single and double legs, it’s just that shooting in is really the only offense he has so people know how to beat him by now. I really wish he would work on clinch work.
xaqnwg.jpg
I agree. This gif is an example of him effectively using the clinch, it's a shame we rarely see that from him

You either lose to him by domination and your stock as a fighter goes down

Lose to him barely by decision or sub trying to make a fight exciting and your stock goes down

Or you beat him but don't finish while he starfishes around and everyone calls you boring.

This shit is a pattern, happened with Anderson too. He's a one trick. You can't blame his opponents every time when he's the common denominator.

Yeah, Colby had some decent output, but he also lost a round to him in the STANDUP and got bloodied by him.

Maia shuts folks offence down. They become so invested in not letting him get a hold of the they eschew almost all their offence.

I blame his opposition more often than not. They had the fight where they wanted it, but couldn't do shit. Fuck, Maia was chasing Silva around the ring and Silva got warned from the ref for inactivity.

2yvl7yd.jpg

But hey, it's Maia's fault.

Exactly. Maia scares the offence out of people.

What is even more frustrating is, that Maia never developed at least a good kicking game. Most guys dont kick cause they are afraid to get taken down. Maia wouldn't give a shit, so why does he not kick the hell out of them?

Yeah he threw 2 kicks right at the end of the fight. which was pointless. a couple of decent kicks would open his own offence up. Too late now.

So did I. There's got to be some measure of control to be scored a takedown.

Didn't he transition to Usman back (with Usman having that whizzer) from that "takedown" when they stood back up?

I guess it doesn't count then if they didn't put it in as a takedown.

Bjj is for defense. This is why some gracies stopped once time limits were imposed

The fact is that in fighting , any offensive move provides an opening. Accordingly a hypothetical perfect fighter in defense can exploit and win. Accordingly, fighters are forced into a situation in sport or ufc that in order to pls the crowd, dana, or lead, they must make move which provides an exploitable opening.

Maia as the most expert bjj artist we have seen, exploits these openings rendering any attack too dangerous. This meets the end goal of bjj, but is not conducive to sport or prize fighting

Here we see that the meld of bjj and wrestling is the perfect art for self defense

That fight played out exactly the way anyone who knows those fighters knew it would. I shouldn’t have even tuned in, I had already watched the fight in my head and that’s how it went. I’m not some great fight prognosticator, but Maia fights are probably the easiest fights to predict now.

Why is Jon Fitch just Jon Fitch no funny nickname.

Any backstory into that?
Fitch had a nickname but a few fights into his career it packed up and left him for a more exciting fighter.

lmao Dullby took more damage from Maia in one round than "Snoozeman" did in 5.
Usman just wears damage far better, his face doesn’t mark up as easy as Colby. He was wobbled by Maia more than once, and at one point Usman was on the verge of joining Sherdogs break dancing club. He hid it well, as well as he could have. If Maia had a bit more urgency in the moment he likely would have been able to drag him on down and had his way at that point.

Fitch had a nickname but a few fights into his career it packed up and left him for a more exciting fighter.

hahahaha

Oh Fitch, Poor him I remember when Maia out Fitched him he complained to the refs

Maia was running away all night. He's definitely the problem here.
And yet he chased Anderson’s prissy ass all around the cage for 3 rounds while Anderson did everything he could not to engage. He spent far more time not engaging than Maia. Even with the relatively dominant first 2 rounds Anderson could have fucked that victory away by dancing and playing around.

Usman just wears damage far better, his face doesn’t mark up as easy as Colby. He was wobbled by Maia more than once, and at one point Usman was on the verge of joining Sherdogs break dancing club. He hid it well, as well as he could have. If Maia had a bit more urgency in the moment he likely would have been able to drag him on down and had his way at that point.

I'd go back and watch that Colby fight if I were you. He was getting punched in the face with almost every strike Maia threw.

I'd go back and watch that Colby fight if I were you. He was getting punched in the face with almost every strike Maia threw.
I will need to rewatch Maia vs Usman again as well. It’s entirely possible I could be giving Maia more credit than he deserves for the first round. Both because I didn’t expect him to land the harder shots in round 1, and because the separation (also in the 1st) had me particularly irritated. Maia is a clever bastard, and he does better striking than he has any right to with his physical abilities. Imagine if Maia had Jacares natural punching power. He’d be champion, of at least one division.

Yeah he threw 2 kicks right at the end of the fight. which was pointless. a couple of decent kicks would open his own offence up. Too late now.

Yup, especially after kicks have a better reach than jabs, which he gets killed with.

Back