It's a damn shame Yoel is 40 years old

dros

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
pushing 41 soon

no matter how much of a freak he is age catches up to us all especially the kind of style he has

A 30 year old Romero would have been champion for years

hope he wins
xCIJDae.jpg

Romero and DC are the guys you wonder, “what if they started doing MMA at an earlier age?” Like soon after their Olympic runs. I agree TS.

i luhhhhh u boi

Power is the last thing to leave

And pretty boy has got an dodge chin

Age is just a number boys!!!

Yes

But at 41, this legendary wrestling phenom may actually become champion.

Yoel is a legit BAMF.

Romero and DC are the guys you wonder, “what if they started doing MMA at an earlier age?” Like soon after their Olympic runs. I agree TS.

i luhhhhh u boi

But TS thinks DC is a roider...

Bobby knuckles busted him up and stuffed his takedowns on a torn acl

Power is the last thing to leave

And pretty boy has got an dodge chin

Age is just a number boys!!!

Luke's chin has been weird lately, I agree

Romero is great at pacing himself knowing he can get up if he gets taken down (see weidman match)

His endurance was so much better and he could explode so much more if you see his wrestling matches back in 02'3'4'5 which is his style

He’s not a normal 40 year old. He fucked up Whittaker good and Whittaker is in his 20’s (decision loss, blah blah). He’s an athletic specimen.

During his run Yoel was widely regarded as the most athletic wrestler in the world. He didn't actually have particularly good wrestling IQ and frequently made mistakes, but his physicality was such that he got away with it.

Yoel is a superior athlete, the best that has ever competed in MMA.

I don't think he quite has MMA all together though. He's less than the sum of his parts. Romero has lapses in fight IQ and often gets himself into tough situations, in addition to being low volume. Just as in wrestling, he usually gets away with it due to sheer physicality.

I think a focussed Rockhold beats him, and I doubt Yoel ever wins a title due to his age though. If he'd left Cuba and started MMA earlier he might well have become one of the best ever.

During his run Yoel was widely regarded as the most athletic wrestler in the world. He didn't actually have particularly good wrestling IQ and frequently made mistakes, but his physicality was such that he got away with it.

Yoel is a superior athlete, the best that has ever competed in MMA.

I don't think he quite has MMA all together though. He's less than the sum of his parts. Romero has lapses in fight IQ and often gets himself into tough situations, in addition to being low volume. Just as in wrestling, he usually gets away with it due to sheer physicality.

I think a focussed Rockhold beats him, and I doubt Yoel ever wins a title due to his age though. If he'd left Cuba and started MMA earlier he might well have become one of the best ever.

What the fuck did you just say

You think you can become a world champion, olympic silver medalist without having high ''wrestling iq'' ? man, get the fuck outta here keyboard warrior

and,
If you follow wrestling you know he got screwed out of the gold in 2002 against Saitiev, and he almost assuredly threw his 05 match against Mindorashvili in the world championship finals. He could pretty easily have been a 3 time world champ.

Now that I'm rambling a bit, some have claimed he threw his 00 Olympics match to Saitiev too, but I don't think so. His 05 match looked like Coleman/Takada bad, and his body language was obvious. Unfortunate so many Cubans have to be put in an economic situation where they are vulnerable to taking dives.

' 41, yes, but count the experience in, too. He will do well. Hasta siempre Comandante! '
- Tze

Yoel can piece up Luke, and overall is certainly the better athlete and the most intimidating fighter. would be kinda cool to see Yoel scoop a title.

Luke's chin has been weird lately, I agree

Romero is great at pacing himself knowing he can get up if he gets taken down (see weidman match)

His endurance was so much better and he could explode so much more if you see his wrestling matches back in 02'3'4'5 which is his style
Lately? I think you mean his whole UFC career. Lets look at his notable fights. Wins against Lyoto(everybody was beating lyoto at this time), Weidman, and Bisping. Notable losses are: Vitor(knocked him the fuck out) and Bisping(knocked him the fuck out). Hes good no doubt but i dont see him as this middleweight great that people make him out to be. hes had some good wins mixed with a good portion of cans/gatekeepers. I think now that hes stuck at the top of the division we are going to see his chin be his downfall

Back