- Standing guillotine, also has more submissions on the ground
- Strong as hell
- Feels indestructible
vs.
Shane-Carwin.png

- 12 1st round stoppages
- UFC Interim HW Champ
- Arguably the hardest hitter ever in the UFC HW Division
- NCAA Division II Wrestler (National Runner-Up)
- Also strong as hell
- Tough as hell, and has a great chin. Took a real beating from JDS

Going with Shane here. Both guys have serious firepower, with UBEREEM being more diversified with his knee and kicking game. But his chin was never solid, only when he was UBEREEM he had the supreme confidence that he was unbeatable and was able to walk big guys down and destroy them without worrying about getting caught on the chin.

Carwin lands a bomb and stops him. He's the more durable guy and can take more punishment than Ubereem can. Reem won't be able to bully him and Carwin won't be fearful in his presence.

Overeem. Always thought Carwin was highly overrated. As long as Overeem survived the initial 30 second flurry, he would take over.

Probably Carwin wins by KO. Who knows though, Ubereem was a beast and could have KOed Carwin or beat him by decision.

It’s a shame Carwin retired so early.

Obviously Reem's chin is always a question mark but I think he wrecks Carwin

Shane is the most overrated fighter of all time, he knocks out a bunch of guys known for having poor chins (Gonzaga, Mir etc) and he's the hardest hitter ever? Never forget that Gonzaga had him on wobbly legs before Shane pulled a punch out of his ass. He was even losing on the feet to Neil Wain before he took him down lol

Cain was never known as a hard puncher but his shots looked like they had just as much pop as Carwin's against Brock.

Overeem is the far better grappler and the far better striker

Overeem. Carwin was too slow, JDS showed this. While Overeem was not as fast as prime JDS he would still have the speed advantage over Carwin. That combined with more tools (kicks, knees, etc.) would be enough to stop Carwin.

Honestly I love Overeem but I see Carwin putting him to sleep. You have to think eventually Carwin will land something clean.

Unless Overeem can do what JDS did and immediately break Carwin's face in the first couple minutes of the fight making Carwin shell up Carwin is eventually touching that chin.

Probably Carwin wins by KO. Who knows though, Ubereem was a beast and could have KOed Carwin or beat him by decision.

It’s a shame Carwin retired so early.
He retired because he had to get multiple facial reconstruction surgeries after the JDS fight. It was like 4 surgeries in 14 months. I don't blame him for retiring. The guy is a mechanical engineer. He didn't need fighting.

He retired because he had to get multiple facial reconstruction surgeries after the JDS fight. It was like 4 surgeries in 14 months. I don't blame him for retiring. The guy is a mechanical engineer. He didn't need fighting.
funny thing is carwin literally worked full time and then fought/trained. stipe has the blue collar thing going on but he doesn't do full-time shifts unless im mistaken. hes part time right now.

It was his back that retired him. He had to have surgery on his back

I remember watching UFC 111 at buffalo wild wings in 2010 . Man that was a pretty exciting time and card. Especially when carwin uppercuts mirs head off. Good times

funny thing is carwin literally worked full time and then fought/trained. stipe has the blue collar thing going on but he doesn't do full-time shifts unless im mistaken. hes part time right now.
He worked full time and was a single dad and only trained part time.

Carwin at the time seemed like white Rogers to me. Overeem beats him everywhere by intimidation and vast experience.

It was his back that retired him. He had to have surgery on his back
He had lingering back and neck problems. JDS (which happened to his last fight) broke his nose and he need reconstruction surgery. A knee injury ended whatever chance of a comeback him and the UFC had planned.

Obviously Reem's chin is always a question mark but I think he wrecks Carwin

Shane is the most overrated fighter of all time, he knocks out a bunch of guys known for having poor chins (Gonzaga, Mir etc) and he's the hardest hitter ever? Never forget that Gonzaga had him on wobbly legs before Shane pulled a punch out of his ass. He was even losing on the feet to Neil Wain before he took him down lol

Cain was never known as a hard puncher but his shots looked like they had just as much pop as Carwin's against Brock.

Overeem is the far better grappler and the far better striker
Carwin's muscles had Sherdog honey dicked once again. His strong showing over even Brock was revealed later to be not all that impressive and no where on tier with the next level of heavyweights, like Cain, JDS and Doom. It takes a while for MMA hype to settle and the truth to be known, but as Perry, Sage, Ronda, Korean Wonderboy and so many more show us: time reveals all

I would bet on Reem.

Think it would look similar to Reem Brock.

Carwin's muscles had Sherdog honey dicked once again. His strong showing over even Brock was revealed later to be not all that impressive and no where on tier with the next level of heavyweights, like Cain, JDS and Doom. It takes a while for MMA hype to settle and the truth to be known, but as Perry, Sage, Ronda, Korean Wonderboy and so many more show us: time reveals all
I still remember how a lot of fans were saying that there would never be a HW champ under 260 ever again after watching Carwin wreck Mir

"Hey bro, these guys are too big, this is what happens when you get A-level athletes into MMA bro. They would wreck prime Fedor and Cro Cop hurr durr"

Nek minnit every single HW champ since then has been under 250

This fight could be predicted in the same manner as the Ngannou fight

Overeem is better everywhere, but Overeem will likely get KO'd

What could Carwin do to Ubereem that Brett Rogers or Brock Lesnar couldn’t?

I'm going with Ubereem 8/10.

He was very aggressive around this time. He will go straight at Carwin and pressure him with hooks, knees, clinching and more knees. Reem also had great TDD at this time. Of course I give Carwin a small chance of catching him with a big punch but Reem's striking, aggression and physicality was just all too overwhelming at this time period.

aoko.gif

2008-06-15_Alistair_Overeem_vs_Lee_Tae-Hyun__28Dream_4_29_1_medium.gif

Alistair_Overeem_vs_vs_Ewerton_Teixeira.gif

overeem_hari_2_medium.gif

bjihq0.jpg

overeemnew4504.jpg

Back