Islamic State Thread v8: 72 Virgins For Sherdog Martyr

SolidIce

Purple Belt
Reaction score
In memory of LF: internet Jihadist who martyred his purple belt, 2010 join date account in the name of Islamic State Heavy Main Battle Tank.

He kept thread going and interesting for 7 volumes.

May he enjoy is 72 virgin camels

Last edited:
He's in a better place now, martyrs are said to enter heaven running.

04a96-72virgins.jpeg

to liquidfire
who taught us an inanimate object like a tank could become islamic , whod have thought a bunch of backward camel worriers could make military hardware self aware......then make it accept a backward culture too.

Im giving ISIS 6 months. Having no airforce and relying on suicide bombers has taken them further than expected ,but its close to being over for them.

Im giving ISIS 6 months. Having no airforce and relying on suicide bombers has taken them further than expected ,but its close to being over for them.

I don't know about that. I think what you may see is a simmering insurgency in their stronghold areas, with the Kurds and Assad establishing strong and deep front lines against them. Jihadistan will simmer long in the area, albeit much more weakly, akin to Taliban rule in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The Kurds and Assad don't even want the shitty land that ISIS holds now, and so you have to presume the Iraqi army or the alleged Sunni 'tribes' will reconquer it and exert military governance over it. Highly unlikely, IMO. Unless you literally cleansed that entire area of its entire populace, it's going to be ruled by radical Sunnis, point blank. Just like the Taliban areas of Afghanistan/Pakistan.

from what I remember he was a rather normal poster, and then when all the ISIS savages invaded Mosul he went full retard

Strange how they just flip

I don't know about that. I think what you may see is a simmering insurgency in their stronghold areas, with the Kurds and Assad establishing strong and deep front lines against them. Jihadistan will simmer long in the area, albeit much more weakly, akin to Taliban rule in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The Kurds and Assad don't even want the shitty land that ISIS holds now, and so you have to presume the Iraqi army or the alleged Sunni 'tribes' will reconquer it and exert military governance over it. Highly unlikely, IMO. Unless you literally cleansed that entire area of its entire populace, it's going to be ruled by radical Sunnis, point blank. Just like the Taliban areas of Afghanistan/Pakistan.

What do you think will happen in Raqqa and Mosul?

Their powerbase is shrinking rapidly .

It's not going to be Assad who rules them. ISIS may start to ditch the bonkers-level jihad once the forces against them solidify borders and they can't run their state like a piracy operation .. there won't be anything left to loot. What I suspect will happen is that ISIS evolves into more of a Taliban-style enduring government and less of a jihadi looting maelstrom. I don't see it as likely that Iraq and Syria will just take back their land and reassert national authority over Mosul/Raqqa. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I just can't see how they could do that, or really why they would even want to.

There is no competing powerbase in the region, regardless of ISIS weakening and losing its capacity for continuing expansive military operations. "Tribal" authority is gone, national authority is gone, militants are going to be the gov't. It'll be kind of like Yemen, Libya, or so many other areas of the Muslim world where fanatical zealots are the gov't now.

Iraq isn't going to be put together, and I can't see Assad taking out Eastern Syria, although it's not impossible -- you'd have to displace huge numbers of militant Sunnis to make that happen, and where would they have to go, that's right Jihadistan. Also to sucker Western nations who take them in as refugees.

USA/Israel obviously want Assad gone ,but I dont think they will allow ISIS to exist. Their campaign will eventually have full focus on raqqa and Mosul. The leadership of ISIS is gradually being taken out. Maybe the Kurds will take the chance to expand their land!!

That's exactly the problem, nobody wants that shit. It's just not desirable, too little oil + jam-packed with jihadi nutcases. All the states around want ISIS taken out, but not a single one is willing to risk sending troops in. Kurds don't want it. Turks don't want it. Assad doesn't want it. Israel won't do it. It just isn't feasible or beneficial, they all want somebody else to do it.

Re.Bolded
You've hit on something I've mentioned before, namely that any rebel/terrorist/insurgent group needs a sympathetic populace to function.

I can't recal the exact wording but remember reading a claimed quote of Sun Tzu's about how rebels are fish and the populace (from whence the rebels came) are the water.

For christ sake ISIS is still around? The Persians needs to just go in conquer Mesopotamia again. If the West interferes, well, I am joining up with Russian Forces once they parachute into the local school yard when WW3 starts up "red dawn" style. The West has lost all of my respect if they wont go in there and take care of this problem, or interfere with anyone else who tries.

That's exactly the problem, nobody wants that shit. It's just not desirable, too little oil + jam-packed with jihadi nutcases. All the states around want ISIS taken out, but not a single one is willing to risk sending troops in. Kurds don't want it. Turks don't want it. Assad doesn't want it. Israel won't do it. It just isn't feasible or beneficial, they all want somebody else to do it.

There is enough oil to keep ISIS going though. And Isnt Mosul kinda Kurdish territory? Mosul is a pretty large city. Why is it there if that whole area is worthless? What was the indigenous demographics before ISIS moved in?

Re.Bolded
You've hit on something I've mentioned before, namely that any rebel/terrorist/insurgent group needs a sympathetic populace to function.

I can't recal the exact wording but remember reading a claimed quote of Sun Tzu's about how rebels are fish and the populace (from whence the rebels came) are the water.

You've hit the nail on the head. I completely agree.

There is enough oil to keep ISIS going though. And Isnt Mosul kinda Kurdish territory? Mosul is a pretty large city. Why is it there if that whole area is worthless? What was the indigenous demographics before ISIS moved in?

I think Mosul is the second largest city in Iraq.

This is a very informative documentary on the rise of ISIS. It's a little long but it's quite interesting.

[YT]zGkDVRmhO-k[/YT]

Back