Media 'Islam wanted to fight on UFC 299 in March but UFC demanded February' - Ali Abdelaziz

I do. Islam aint' injured at all. He said he wanted to fight Gaethje before ramadan just couple of weeks ago.
I believe this too.
It’s actually just like I predicted, that they did not come to an agreement with the UFC about date and opponent. That’s why he is not fighting.

Better to not fight right before Ramadan. If something happens that needs to postpone the fight Ramadan just fucks things up.

Better to not fight right before Ramadan. If something happens that needs to postpone the fight Ramadan just fucks things up.
That doesn't make sense to me. It you try to fight before March 9th, there's a chance you won't be able to and it'll have to wait for the summer so it's better to just wait for the summer? What's the benefit then

That doesn't make sense to me. It you try to fight before March 9th, there's a chance you won't be able to and it'll have to wait for the summer so it's better to just wait for the summer? What's the benefit then

My point is if the fight takes place with good time before Ramadan. Something minor can fuck up and postpone the fight and they can still make it happen before Ramadan. If the fight takes place right before Ramadan then Ramadan will postpone the fight further

I don't know if I believe Dana or Ali less.

there is no one alive whose word is worth less than this weird little freak

I do. Islam aint' injured at all. He said he wanted to fight Gaethje before ramadan just couple of weeks ago.

This is what I think for sure. I think Dana just figured it was easier to say "ehhh he's injured he'll fight in the summer" rather than talk about Ramadan for some reason lol.

Back