Media Islam wants to headline UFC 299 Main Event against Garthje or Oliveira!

Islam's 100% doing this because he knows everybody else is going to want to fight on UFC 300 instead. Especially if Conor's indeed back for it and not necessarily fighting Chandler.

Which uh yeah...? Who the fuck wants to be on UFC 299 instead of UFC 300?
I wouldn't say 100. There is also the fact he might want to get another fight in before ramadan

Muslims don't want you to know that Ramadan is just intermittent fasting for a month where they skip lunch. They do this so that we leave them alone for a month because they're supposedly going through a very intense "hardship" and need to give them empathy and space.

And not that they're just skipping lunch every day.
Yeah that's def it. They actually pick times of year where they can't make money. It's genius. How nefarious.

It would be crazy to through Islam on that card. It’s already stacked as hell. Respect Islam for wanting to get that O’Malley PPV money though

This could workout well for the UFC. Switch that fight to the main for 299 which makes the vent even bigger, Islam can’t fight at 300 anyway, than UFC 300 gets Sean vs Chito as one of the fights, probably under Conor vs Chandler. It’s a win win for the UFC and the fans tbh

Islam fought 3 times in 2021, two times in 2022, and two times in 2023. He's one of the most active top fighters on the roster. Some of you are just haters, or don't know what you're talking about.
He also had no problem taking on short notice replacements, which is something you can't say about a lot of champions over the years.

thats not true. you can fight during Ramadan you can also skip the fasting but really its not full fasting they can still eat.
Okay, let me rephrase.

devout muslims do not train/fight during Ramadan. I suppose a non muslim or a less devout muslim could.

you can also skip the fasting
My boss is a devout muslim, born/raised in the country of Jordan, he says the rules explicity state that you may eat so long as you provide a charitable meal to someone who cannot. So essentially you can do it for a fee.

However he also says, most devout muslims would never do this. They interpret that differently.

Last edited:
He will fight in Saudi Arabia
Asking for UFC 299 is just a negotiation tactic because fighting outside the US, he doesn’t get good PPV numbers and thus less money

Most champs only fight twice a year. Why should he have to do more?
I'd agree with him if he said, "UFC champions should fight 3-4 times per year" but it's random as hell to single out Islam.

Reactions: HHJ
lol @ you salty bitches getting upset that a champ wants to defend his belt sooner rather than later

You crybabies will bitch about literally anything

It’s never ending narratives to discredit Islam.

Before the Charles fight:
- “Islam has beat a bunch of cans and nobodies”
- “Islam needs to fight Beneil before a TS”

Beats Charles:
- “Charles wasn’t himself that fight”

Beats Volk
- “judges were idiots”
- “Islam had illegal IVs”

Beat Volk again
“Short notice by Volk”
“Islam defended his title twice to a featherweight” (yeah, Islam’s faults for Charles pulling out)

If Islam speaks about fighting Leon:
“He has to defend against his division” (same people who chastised Khabib for not going up is chastising Islam for trying to go up)

It’s like these people keep waiting for Islam to lose to say “see….I told you he wasn’t all that good”. It’s the sane people who where on the Charles bandwagon the 1st fight. The same who were on Volk the 1st and 2nd fight.

Lol I like Charles but he's not gonna beat Islam. He makes a lot of mistake in his fights, has bad chin. Justin at least has a punchers chance.

Arman or Islam will beat Charles into retirement.

He looked pretty good against Dariush. Showed better striking defense and didn't get dropped for once.

Gaethje is a fresh matchup for Islam but he's toast once Islam takes him down.

Oliveira is still a more competitive fight for Islam.

If it’s vs Justin is champ vs champ? Is the BMF title also on the line?

Beats Charles:

Beats Volk
- “judges were idiots”

Beat Volk again
“Short notice by Volk”
“Islam defended his title twice to a featherweight” (yeah, Islam’s faults for Charles pulling out)

“He has to defend against his division” (same people who chastised Khabib for not going up is chastising Islam for trying to go up)

It’s like these people keep waiting for Islam to lose to say “see….I told you he wasn’t all that good”. It’s the sane people who where on the Charles bandwagon the 1st fight. The same who were on Volk the 1st and 2nd fight.
You forgot Islam ducked Khabib, usman and khamzat parts of his hate cycle

Beats Charles:

Beats Volk
- “judges were idiots”

Beat Volk again
“Short notice by Volk”

Well said , the same people said Volko doesn’t need to prove himself at LW to get 2 title shots because he can defeat any LW including the champ, now after Islam nearly decapitated him they say Islam hasn’t defended against a top 5. Volko was the best before the fight now he is not a top 5?

Back