Isami Boxing gear...

I'm pretty sure the reason that they have them on sale is because not many people want to pay that much for gloves here in Korea. There are Thai brands available for cheaper and a Korean brand that is starting to make MMA stuff, as well as the boxing stuff that they've been making for a while.

I think the Isami store is just trying to clear out the higher priced Isami and Winning gear. After all, how often do you see Winning on sale?

The Winning gear even after the discount is still not cheaper than from winning-usa.com (without shipping and taxes of course). That's it.
As for the Isami price I didn't mean in the previous post the discout the shop in Seoul had. I mean the regular price in Japan, without any discount from a dealer. For exemple here.
http://www.tozandoshop.com/BOXER_Deluxe_Deerskin_Boxing_Gloves_p/020-ibx03.htm

They cost there about 178 dollars. Regular price, no sale. The shipping is free worldwide, but it costs them about 35-40 dollars. So the net amount they get is about 140 dollars. Of course since this isn't any huge clearance like it was in Seoul they have some profit for sure. So the price they (the dealer) pay Isami for the gloves is appx. maximum 90-100 dollars.

Last edited:
If you have a good look on the prices, the Winning gear AFTER the discount costs there exactly what it costs from winning-usa.com
For exemple 8 oz. lace up cost 279.000 - the same 250 dollars they cost from winning-usa.

Of course it worths buying it locally in this case, because you save the shipping costs and taxes. But in fact even after the discount the Winning gear is no way cheaper than it costs locally in Japan. So nothing special at all. On the other hand Made in Japan gloves for 100 dollars are a miracle. If they are made in Japan... :)

All I know is they claim they are. However the prices make me doubtful about it.
From some dealer in Japan they cost 175 incl. shipping, that means about 140 net price, so the wholesale is maximum 90-100. Quite low for gloves made in Japan.
All the Isami and RVDDW stuff at the shop in Seoul is authentic and straight from Japan. The owner is actually a little Japanese lady.

They regularly have clearance sales on stuff that doesn't move. That's when I buy :D

All the Isami and RVDDW stuff at the shop in Seoul is authentic and straight from Japan. The owner is actually a little Japanese lady.

They regularly have clearance sales on stuff that doesn't move. That's when I buy :D

I wasn't talking about Seoul shop. Not at all. I believe they buy it from Japan. Why not actually? But I was talking wheter or not Isami MANUFACTURES the gloves in Japan. The nationality of the shop owner in Seoul can hardly affect it.

If you guys can keep me posted when the isami boxer gloves go on sale would appreciate it.

If you guys can keep me posted when the isami boxer gloves go on sale would appreciate it.

Yeah, I would appreciate it much too. Emailed the Seoul shop today, but the Isami discounted gloves are sold out :(

I wasn't talking about Seoul shop. Not at all. I believe they buy it from Japan. Why not actually? But I was talking wheter or not Isami MANUFACTURES the gloves in Japan. The nationality of the shop owner in Seoul can hardly affect it.
I never said it did.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

I never said it did.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

I know you didn't say this. To be honest I am very doubtful Isami manufactures the gloves in Japan, the price is more than suspicious. No need to explain that many JPN companies now lie about the country they manufacture their goods :(
But I would definitely give these gloves a try for such awesome discount price the Seoul shop had. Even if they are not made in Japan, I am pretty sure they are excellent and for 100 bucks it's a bragain. Bad luck they are sold out :(

Yeah, I would appreciate it much too. Emailed the Seoul shop today, but the Isami discounted gloves are sold out :(

I'll keep searching the web for these gloves. The problem for me is that I don't understand that language on some of the websites.

I'll keep searching the web for these gloves. The problem for me is that I don't understand that language on some of the websites.

I have the same problem :) However I guess if we catch another discount period in Seoul, then contacting the shop via email in English would be just fine (without bothering with the website).

I am very curious for the news from the guys in Korea once they try the Isami gloves...

If you have a good look on the prices, the Winning gear AFTER the discount costs there exactly what it costs from winning-usa.com
For exemple 8 oz. lace up cost 279.000 - the same 250 dollars they cost from winning-usa.

Of course it worths buying it locally in this case, because you save the shipping costs and taxes. But in fact even after the discount the Winning gear is no way cheaper than it costs locally in Japan. So nothing special at all. On the other hand Made in Japan gloves for 100 dollars are a miracle. If they are made in Japan... :)

The reason I mentioned it was for people in Korea. The sale allows you to get the stuff at around the same price as Winning USA, without paying shipping AND you can go in and see them in person before buying.

The reason I mentioned it was for people in Korea. The sale allows you to get the stuff at around the same price as Winning USA, without paying shipping AND you can go in and see them in person before buying.

Yes, of course, this is a valid argument. Definitely way better than ordering.
Please have a look on Isami when you'll have a while :)

Sorry for bumping an old thread, I'm just curious if anyone took the leap and tried these or the headgear out? I already have winning gear, but my inner gearwhore is dying to know how they compare with isami's line! Especially after seeing Jon Fitch make the switch from Winnings to the IBX- 2's.

44262_4488466968222_175334508_n.jpg

427179_4295152775488_1155910960_n.jpg

Looking for these gloves with laces..does anybody know if they make them with laces instead of the velcro?

Looking for these gloves with laces..does anybody know if they make them with laces instead of the velcro?

Well, yes and no.

They make 4 models 1) IBX-2 (those on the picture you mentioned, made in 14 oz. and 16 oz.), 2) IBX-3 (10 oz, 14 oz, 16 oz) - those Isami Seoul used to have discounted, 3) IBX-12 (8oz. and 10 oz.)

and the ONLY lace up 4) IBX-13 (8 oz., 10 oz.)

ONLY IBX-2 (on the picture you are talking about) have 5 layers of padding. All the others have just 3 layers.

Well, yes and no.

They make 4 models 1) IBX-2 (those on the picture you mentioned, made in 14 oz. and 16 oz.), 2) IBX-3 (10 oz, 14 oz, 16 oz) - those Isami Seoul used to have discounted, 3) IBX-12 (8oz. and 10 oz.)

and the ONLY lace up 4) IBX-13 (8 oz., 10 oz.)

ONLY IBX-2 (on the picture you are talking about) have 5 layers of padding. All the others have just 3 layers.

Thanx

Back