Isami Boxing gear...

Yeah, the price isn't so bad. However I didn't notice previously a very important thing: these gloves from tozando are IBX-3, not IBX-2. This means only 3 layers of padding, not 5 layers. Actually IBX-2 cost usually in Japan only 12 dollars more than IBX-3, so it would cost 185-190, but for some reason in tozando they do not have them in stock.
Personally I would definitely rather go for IBX-2 with 5 layers (4cm of padding), not for IBX-3.

Yeah, the price isn't so bad. However I didn't notice previously a very important thing: these gloves from tozando are IBX-3, not IBX-2. This means only 3 layers of padding, not 5 layers. Actually IBX-2 cost usually in Japan only 12 dollars more than IBX-3, so it would cost 185-190, but for some reason in tozando they do not have them in stock.
Personally I would definitely rather go for IBX-2 with 5 layers (4cm of padding), not for IBX-3.

Good looking out. Thanx

I was just playing around, and how come the worldwide economy is almost $20 more than the North America Express?

I was just playing around, and how come the worldwide economy is almost $20 more than the North America Express?

According to the Japan Postal Service shipping rates, Express is actually cheaper than Standard for parcels that weigh less than 3kg/7lbs.

Wanted to give them a try, but will not. Asked several JPN distributors and all claim Winning gloves are far far superior. Well, Isami are a bit less expensive, but they are not cheap at all.

hey shihtzu, thanks for the info mate, better play safe then!

Since Isami gloves cost about 190 bucks and Winning 16 oz. about 260 there is no reason to take the risk. Moreover in JPN Isami shop they sell both gloves -their own and Winning, check the prices.
http://suidobashi-isami.com/index.php?act=itemlist&category=104
Winning 16 oz. gloves are in the Isami shop almost 2 times as expensive as their own Isami gloves.

I have been assured Isami gloves are of a very good quality and I believe nobody would be disappointed with them... but since they are not much cheaper than Winning on rakuten... One JPN boxing goods merchant told me "Isami gloves are very good, but Winning is what represents Japan, we are proud of Winning".

On the other hand I would love to give a try to Isami IBX-02 16 oz. The performance and durability of padding is what I am curious of... But with the shipping cost to Europe and all local stupid taxes they would be really expensive...

Back