Is Woodley-Maia disheartening for you BJJ guys?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Damien Maia is arguably the greatest brazilian jujitsu practitioner to ever enter the octagon, and when confronted with a solid wrestler who does not want to take it to the ground, has no answers.

I find it similiar to Overeem-Werdum 2. And Overeem isn't even a wrestler! He's just jacked.

Anyway, do these types of match-ups make you disheartened?

Last edited:
Blank+_4c02d6d6345adafe94c07bc8daa82ba2.jpg
Damien Maya is arguably the greatest brazilian jujitsu practitioner to ever enter the octagon, and when confronted with a solid wrestler who does not want to take it to the ground, has no answers.

I find it similiar to Overeem-Werdum. And Overeem isn't even a wrestler! He's just jacked.

Anyway, do these types of match-ups make you disheartened?

One day, spacetime might attain a modicum of social grace and skill.

Today is not that day, however.

Damien Maia is arguably the greatest brazilian jujitsu practitioner to ever enter the octagon

A lot better jiujitsu practitioner have entered the octagon and been defeated by lacking opponents.

Stephen Thompson couldn't do anything to Tyron Woodley in two fights*. I guess kickboxing sucks too!

* Except bore the fuck out of me.

Stephen Thompson couldn't do anything to Tyron Woodley in two fights*. I guess kickboxing sucks too!

* Except bore the fuck out of me.

That's a bad counter argument. A high level wrestling base is expected to win against a Kickboxing base. No surprises there

Roger Gracie is on a different level in terms of BJJ credentials.
Demian Maia is most well known for his MMA success using his BJJ.

I don't know why commentators don't put him ahead of Maia. Maybe because he's not an active UFC fighter

You mean to tell me that in order to take someone down, you need to be a better wrestler than them?

Yes, my earth has been shattered.

I don't know why commentators don't put him ahead of Maia

Their job is to hype up the fighters. Anyway Rogan is a 10th planet druggie so you shouldn't take his opinion on anything jiu jitsu related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back