Is what Michael Johnson achieved in the lightweight division remarkable considering he can make 145.

Michael Johnson weighed in at championship weight 145 without the 1 pound allowance without looking gaunt or as if he was dying. I think its fair to say that he probably should have been at 145 the whole time as he doesn't have a bigger frame than the champion in the division Max Holloway. At 155 MJ was able to defeat tony ferguson, danny castillo, joe lauzon, a geared up gleison tibau of which he KO'd, melvin guillard, edson barboza, dustin poirier and was able to put up good fights against nate diaz, gaethje and was able to wobble khabib. MJ will be the next 145pound champ, trust me on that!

He didn't wobble Khabib he landed a punch.

Land one punch on Khabib and everyone things he was sent rolling backwards Edgar style.

MJ is too inconsistent to be champ. He is similar to Rick Story they both look like world beaters when they fight top competition like Hendricks and Gunnar/ T Ferg; but then look like absolute crap against the Brenenman and Paul Sass level fighters.

He didn't wobble Khabib he landed a punch.

Land one punch on Khabib and everyone things he was sent rolling backwards Edgar style.
yeah he landed one punch and it wobbled him? I'm not one of those people saying that? MJ hurt khabib the most out of everyone, yeah didn't hurt khabib much but it was enough to wobble him a little bit

On his Ultimate Fighter run he fought Alex Caceres, Nam Phan and Jonathan Brookins; All of which went as low as Bantamweight. 155ers are much bigger now than they were 5 years ago. I think 145lb seems like his optimal division.

yeah he landed one punch and it wobbled him? I'm not one of those people saying that? MJ hurt khabib the most out of everyone, yeah didn't hurt khabib much but it was enough to wobble him a little bit

He didn't wobble him.

Johnson is capable of being a top 3-5 fighter, but he routinely underperforms and is more of a frontrunner and generally doesn't manage his energy effectively.

I enjoy watching him fight and hope he has better luck at 45s
I've thought he could be elite as well. But I think I was wrong about that. I'd love for him to really perform well at 145.

Back