Is USADA responsible for all the missed weight cuts?

This has happened since combat sports existed. Give me evidence/proof of these claims. Just throwing it out there without anything to consolidate this is the case is no bueno.

Yes and no.
I mean that both of you are right: you and Arm Barbarian.

Yes, diuretics made it much easier to cut weight. You are right. Steroids helped too. So you can say that it's USADA's "fault".
But Arm Barbarian is right too. Why?
- years ago, you wouldn't have seen guys as big as Ortega/Max/Conor in the FW division
- or guys like Vick at LW
- Till, Woodley, Usman at WW

They are cutting too much weight because nowdays it matters. You don't see BJ Penn fighting at WW anymore. Or fighting at OW with Machida. Or Serra at WW. You see Till. You see Woodley. These guys are huge and for them every pound it matters now, not like in the old days. They cut too much because they know more about nutrition, about training.

I don't really understand why. You are killing yourself to make weight (stress, muscle, cannot train as good) and yes you are the bigger guy but the other guy is faster. But it works for them!

No excuses. If you’re a professional fighter, making weight is part of your job.

Don’t blame anyone else but their own unprofessionalism.

I could blame USADA, but these fighters are actually adults and sign contracts saying they agree to fight at a weight. If that weight is absurdly low and they cant make it, I dont blame anyone but them. That's how adulting works.

Without a doubt. They need to let guys use something to cut better....or they need to abolish weight cutting which will never happen

Make max go up in weight. If he can't make 155 on a weeks notice, there's a problen
Max probably is too big for 145 but not being able to make 155 on a weeks notice has nothing to do with it

No

You got guys coming into camp weighing 185 and need to make 145.. This shit is wrecking the sport.

Weight cutting always been around and the pullouts were never this severe. It's very possible USADA has something to do with it.
You mean like USADA is sneaking into fighters' houses while they sleep and putting weight gain 4000 into their protein shake? Hmmmm, you may be on to something.....

Of course it is lol. UFC is dumb. NFL realizes that their athletes need steroids and they have a loose policy. Just good enough so guys test positive if they aren't smart. NBA's even better.

Probable. But i am glad they are here. For too long has been a culture of cheating, especially in three of the biggest countries in mma. Usa. Brazil. Russia. Need to catch these filthy cheaters.

Without a doubt. They need to let guys use something to cut better....or they need to abolish weight cutting which will never happen

I disagree. The fighters need to realize they can’t use something to cut better and not try to cut as much. There is no simple solution, but I’d like to see a multifaceted approach involving hydration testing and forced weight class changes for repeat offenders.

We are all responsible for our own actions.

It was easier to cut weight with drugs that are now banned by Usada.

Im not entirely sure thats an excuse to be honest.

Even if its the case, his last two were, so there it is.

Besides that, there were many other times this year where someone got pulled out early due to It.

Like i said, could very well be some bullshit his camp put out there to avoid having to admit a 3rd failed weight cut. His brain scans didnt show anything... They literally got nothing to show for.

If you are ok beliving that, then you probably believe Jon Jones was spiked or some shit as well, cause their claim is assentially the same: "dude trust me"

Thanks for commenting about the very last thing i said and not the true full point of my post...

Gotta love sherdog

USADA's been around long enough now that if fighters haven't figured out how to cut properly under their rules, they're fucking idiots and don't deserve to fight.

Max probably is too big for 145 but not being able to make 155 on a weeks notice has nothing to do with it
If he gains that much weight after a fight that he can't make the next class up, he is cutting and dieting too much

USADA and especially the IV ban is causing this but let's not forget guys are often cutting way too much weight for an advantage. Still not sure Max's issue was simply weight. If the concussion thing is real, then it had little to do with his cut.

PEDs make sports better. Anyone that disagrees with that is insane in my eyes.
There's a reason the NFL, NHL, NBA, etc have such weak drug testing policies. PEDs are good for business.

Im not saying its USADA fault but.....
its usadas fault
fuckhead.jpg

This shit started happening pretty much right after they came in.

Im not sure if its diuretics being banned or steroids that made the cut easier on the body(muscles are mostly water and they are the first thing the body will deplete), but this cant be a coincidence. There might be a conection here.

People like to blame weight in times and whatever else but literally USADA comes into the picture and we start getting this left and right.

I might be going full eddie bravo here since i lack experience cutting weight.

Id like to hear from people who know this better than i do if there is a relation here.

On another note: I dont remember anyone pulling out because of "concussion like symptoms" before USADA when people were roiding left and right. So the argument of fighter safety, at least related to MMA being a sport where people are punching each other on the head has not been solved. The damage is still being done, steroids or not. There are other reasons why they should be drug tested, but there is no evidence whatsoever that it made any difference on that end.
Idiocy. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the fighters. If they can't follow the rules it's their problem.

Back