Is USADA responsible for all the missed weight cuts?

it's not up to usada to ensure that fighters make weight. if they can't make weight under these new rules, that the ufc implemented, then it's obvious that those fighters need to move up to their proper weightclasses. don't blame the rules, blame the fighters.

USADA's been around long enough now that if fighters haven't figured out how to cut properly under their rules, they're fucking idiots and don't deserve to fight.
I should have just quoted this post instead of bother with one of my own.

If he gains that much weight after a fight that he can't make the next class up, he is cutting and dieting too much
Nope, just means the guy isn't commited to dieting 100 % of the time, he can be 190 in his free time if he wants, just like Khabib and Tony are 200 out of camp.

This is what cleaning up a sport looks like..its the transition phase..fighters are stuck in old habits that dont fit into today's regulations..shifting there weight classes to reflect closer to there walking around weight is there solution and choice...stop blaming anyone but the fighters themselves no 1 forced a guy whos fighting at 155 of 185 to be walking around at 175 plus or 205 plus..thats there choice..they signed on the line for 155lbs its on them to be and stay ready...simple as that..there trying to push there chances weight wise to have a size advantage and when you do that u take a gamble of missing weight..but this holloway fight is due to a concussion like injury not weight related anyways..

Who wanted "cleaned up" cage fights anyway?

Which one of you assholes started this?

I disagree. The fighters need to realize they can’t use something to cut better and not try to cut as much. There is no simple solution, but I’d like to see a multifaceted approach involving hydration testing and forced weight class changes for repeat offenders.
There absolutely is a totally simple solution. Take some responsibility and follow the rules. Or ban or enforce limits on weight cutting. Fight in your healthiest weight class.

10 years from now everyone will look and fight like Bisping...

Thanks USADA!

Now that's a totally different question. Was MMA better when everyone could roid to their heart's content? Maybe. But then clean fighters got the shitty end of the stick. So which do you want? I would prefer a compromise. Supervised use of certain ones to aid recovery from injury, fine. In-competition use of PED's not fine.

Nope, just means the guy isn't commited to dieting 100 % of the time, he can be 190 in his free time if he wants, just like Khabib and Tony are 200 out of camp.
Yes. . . They all cut too much weight and allneed to move up. Especially max does now with repeated missed attempts

I did..as well as several pro fighters who didnt feel like getting concussed by roided opponents..sports are suppose to be about pure competition..

I did..as well as several pro fighters who didnt feel like getting concussed by roided opponents..sports are suppose to be about pure competition..

Are you flippin kidding me?

Did you see the list of NFL players getting 3 game suspensions for a season is like 2 months away?

Everyone is on something and the UFC isn't doing the "sport" of cage fighting any favors being stricter than frikkin football.

It's a combination of things.

USADA is partially to blame, Money these guys make are part of it, weigh in times, having health insurance, and probably most importantly is fighters/fight camps pushing their own limits with the weight class they want to compete in. All this plays into the mindset of these fighters.

Are you flippin kidding me?

Did you see the list of NFL players getting 3 game suspensions for a season is like 2 months away?

Everyone is on something and the UFC isn't doing the "sport" of cage fighting any favors being stricter than frikkin football.

Football is about throwing a ball into and end zone and tackling others in armor...

Cage fighting is about punching,kicking, kneeing and throwing others in the goal of rendering them unconscious or submitted..pretty big difference when considering what PEDS enhance..stop thinking one size fits all..

no lol. no way. Fighters being pussy to fight at the higher weight class is the main reason.
kevin lee - wanted nothing to do with WW yet he would crucify himself just to make that excruciating cut to 155. lol at his excuses too.

Football is about throwing a ball into and end zone and tackling others in armor...

Cage fighting is about punching,kicking, kneeing and throwing others in the goal of rendering them unconscious or submitted..pretty big difference when considering what PEDS enhance..stop thinking one size fits all..

The "sport" was built by PED monsters.

Post a list of fighters that died or became paralyzed when juiced up Wand head stomped them in Pride...

What a joke this new generation is.

The "sport" was built by PED monsters.

Post a list of fighters that died or became paralyzed when juiced up Wand head stomped them in Pride...

What a joke this new generation is.

Cage fighting hasnt been around long enough yet to see what the darker age of the sport has affected health wise..but to name a few we had tim hague die..and gary goodridge is perminately punch drunk and shakes..don frye is incoherent and off his rocker most of the time..mark kerr is a nut case and sucidial so evidence from that era is coming out..and yes the sport may have started on the dirtier side but thats not much different then most other sports too...they adjusted so is MMA

Yes. . . They all cut too much weight and allneed to move up. Especially max does now with repeated missed attempts
The problem is if you cut less weight you go to the division above and then you fight against guys that are way bigger since they are still cutting a lot. Until the rules change, these guys will continue to cut a lot.

Im not saying its USADA fault but.....
its usadas fault
fuckhead.jpg

This shit started happening pretty much right after they came in.

Im not sure if its diuretics being banned or steroids that made the cut easier on the body(muscles are mostly water and they are the first thing the body will deplete), but this cant be a coincidence. There might be a conection here.

People like to blame weight in times and whatever else but literally USADA comes into the picture and we start getting this left and right.

I might be going full eddie bravo here since i lack experience cutting weight.

Id like to hear from people who know this better than i do if there is a relation here.

On another note: I dont remember anyone pulling out because of "concussion like symptoms" before USADA when people were roiding left and right. So the argument of fighter safety, at least related to MMA being a sport where people are punching each other on the head has not been solved. The damage is still being done, steroids or not. There are other reasons why they should be drug tested, but there is no evidence whatsoever that it made any difference on that end.
Cutting weight is causing the problem, not USADA. Cutting weight needs to go.

One big thing was the iv ban, cutting weight with and iv and rehydrating with one definitely made thing easier.

Back