Is there any disagreement that Nas in present time would be the most popular fighter by miles

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
In the current age of gifs, memes and going viral, is there any question that Nas in present time would be the absolute most popular fighter by miles? Great at interviews, great at press conferences, gave unlimited access, speaks english, unparalleled ring entrance and in ring antics. I mean take a look at the gif below, something like this would spread throughout the world like wildfire. Imagine him and Conor going at it? It would be glorious. He would be much more popular than Conor.

ybSQPFB.jpg

If he didn't get embarrassed by the first legit fighter he came up against then absolutely. He didn't have the skills to back up his antics though

Jigga ethered him in the booth and would probably ether him in the cage too.

If he didn't get embarrassed by the first legit fighter he came up against then absolutely. He didn't have the skills to back up his antics though

He didn't get embarrassed he won 4 rounds on two judges cards despite not training or caring about boxing anymore. I'm sure if he actually trained or cared he could have won two more rounds and therefore a UD thanks to barerra going mental and losing a point.

He made you look.
You a slave to a page in his rhyme book.

He goes to show lighter weight fighters can be popular and create interest. Always been easier in boxing compared to MMA though.

Nas was a demon, absolutely loved watching him fight. Probably the last boxer I really supported and followed.

Also, gotta love the love for Nas in this thread
tumblr_n1n2vk6QHi1rjo2u8o1_500.gif

If you truly believe Naz never beat anyone.. you don't know shit about boxing.. + Barrera is one of the Mexican greats

I don't listen much to rap these days but I gotta say Nas classic albums are still very good, while the UFC of today isn't that great. I'd say if Nas talent for making rap in the early to mid 90s transferred into fighting he would have been a champ for sure. But I think he made a lot more money with his music career without losing as much brain cells as he would fighting (unless maybe if he drank a bit more, smoked a bit more due to having money to waste).

Yeah.. Nas is a beast at throwing rhymes and shit...

He did, he just believed his own hype, ditched his trainer and did the absolute bare minimum in the gym which lead to him getting his arse kicked.
Classic case of forgetting everything and everyone that got you the success in the first place.
I honestly believe if he'd have kept his ego in check we'd be looking at a legitimate legend of the sport and not a footnote in 90's boxing.

Brendan Ingles book is a very good read for anyone interested in the goings on of naseems career.

Back