Is there any disagreement that Nas in present time would be the most popular fighter by miles

You are painfully stupid.
Well, why shouldn't they? If he's making more money in the UK why should he go to the USA before the money is there?
A similar situation would be with Joe calzaghe, he was dissed for years about not fighting Americans, then you sent one over...
My point is by the time Naz fought in the USA he was done, he had no interest in fighting, he ditched his trainer, the guy he'd been with since he was 9 years old, had his brothers running everything and genuinely believed he had the game nailed down and could beat anyone because they couldn't do what he could, so he stopped training, stopped sparring, just lived it up and jumped over the ropes when it was time and still beat Kelley who was no joke.
Then you have Calzaghe, listened to his trainer/dad, respected the game, understood what you put in you get out and retired undefeated.
Now as Americans you're gonna say he beat no one till the end of his career and was just fighting euro bums.
The European boxing game in the 90's was incredible and as a Brit I loved it, I watched the odd USA fight and it was cool but we really didn't need you guys, we had fucking incredible wars, rivalries, upsets, personalities, it was a great time to be a boxing fan over here just as I'm sure it was for you over there.
And no, America wasn't better, or worse, national pride in others achievements is bullshit.
Maybe the slanted view of Nas that I hold is because I didn't grow up watching him and his American debut came with a massive media hypetrain that rubbed me the wrong way. Even to this day I get annoyed by the mention of his name, which in retrospect tells me how effective that media campaign was. I grew up watching Ceasar Chavez, I watched kotsa, Barrera and countless other fighters, so the few fights that I've seen from Hamed didn't impress or come off ass GOAT worthy. Admittedly, I don't know shit about Naseem or the dudes he fought and have a oddly irrational dislike for the guy. Maybe I'll watch the documentary, so I can heal and stop talking shit everytime his name comes up.

Maybe the slanted view of Nas that I hold is because I didn't grow up watching him and his American debut came with a massive media hypetrain that rubbed me the wrong way. Even to this day I get annoyed by the mention of his name, which in retrospect tells me how effective that media campaign was. I grew up watching Ceasar Chavez, I watched kotsa, Barrera and countless other fighters, so the few fights that I've seen from Hamed didn't impress or come off ass GOAT worthy. Admittedly, I don't know shit about Naseem or the dudes he fought and have a oddly irrational dislike for the guy. Maybe I'll watch the documentary, so I can heal and stop talking shit everytime his name comes up.
That's fair enough, I hated him too but only because he was a smug cunt, he was the fighter you watched to see him get layed out, but fucking hell was he fun.
He was a complete original and according to Brendan Ingles he was like that from age 9, it wasn't an act. And his talent was jaw dropping, one of the biggest wastes of talent in combat sports in my opinion, he was that special.

That's fair enough, I hated him too but only because he was a smug cunt, he was the fighter you watched to see him get layed out, but fucking hell was he fun.
He was a complete original and according to Brendan Ingles he was like that from age 9, it wasn't an act. And his talent was jaw dropping, one of the biggest wastes of talent in combat sports in my opinion, he was that special.

Yea people who say he wasn't a freak athlete are morons. Dude had freakish power for his size and threw for power from the most absurd and impossible angles

Na he wouldnt be the most popular cuz he would still get exposed by legit top fighters lol

Damn, its rare to see such a post on Sherdog.

Respect.

Would love for a boxer to do that shit and ffor his opponent to say 'fuck all these rules' and start actually fighting and beat the shit out of them....

Take down....couple of head stomps and then dance around a bit while the jackass is unconcious on the mat.....would be epic and worth the arrest.....

Back