Is there a way to remove BJ from the Hall of Fame? He needs to go.

He was an amazing fighter and belongs in the Hall of Fame.

Only legitimate morons judge fighters on their aging down slope.

BJ got beat by Denis Siver.

Losing to true GOATs like GSP and Edgar is understandable. Losing to streaking young prospects is understandable.

Losing to a guy his OWN age who was, at best, a middle of the pack fighter throughout his career exposes BJ as the middle of the pack fighter he, at best, was.

BJ Penn is an icon. His record doesn't mean shit. Put it all in context and you see a guy willing to throw down anywhere with anyone at any weight. Legend. Fuck this thread.

Losing to true GOATs like GSP and Edgar is understandable. Losing to streaking young prospects is understandable.

Losing to a guy his OWN age who was, at best, a middle of the pack fighter throughout his career exposes BJ as the middle of the pack fighter he, at best, was.

He's been done for awhile you shitty troll.

Has nothing to do with his peak and already earned a spot in the HoF rightfully.

One of only 3 people in UFC history to win world titles in 2 weight classes.

This GIF need to be banned ........

When he beat Hughest, Hughes was the WW GOAT.
He won medals in the world BJJ championships 3 times in a row.
Freddie Roach complemented his boxing.
He has defeated MWs.
Not everyone age the same, you're a noob to combat sports.
giphy.gif

Think veiled troll thread. OPs username is appropriate.

Nobody who has a clue about MMA history would agree with the suggestion that BJ is somehow unworthy of being regarded as a Hall of famer and legend of the sport.

Context matters.

NOPE.

just because Bj is fighting way out of his prime does not means his accomplishments in LW and in the UFC will go unnoticed.

The art of trolling is lost and has been relegated to the relic keeps of history.

I agree that BJ has had some lowlights in his career but they would never take a guy out of the HOF

Despite being a two division champion I can't help but feel he never realized his full potential

I think Weidman would beat BJ.... Just saying...

BJ was declining for years before his Siver fight. Siver was surprisingly resilient and held a great pace... obviously he's still got what it takes at 38 to compete in the cage, whereas BJ should have bowed out after the Diaz loss 6 years ago.

Also, using one fight as the yardstick for a fighter's whole career and fighting ability is insanely narrow-minded, especially considering it happened after he'd lost badly so many times leading up to it. Are you only as good at your job as you were on your worst day?

The fact that you are judging him purely by his losses shows you're being incredibly subjective.

Fuck off! He certainly belongs there.

I will say I hope the entire facade of "BJ was so much better when training with Marinovich. Unbeatable". can now end.

It was just another BJ fanboy excuse as always. He fought fucking Kenny Florian and Deigo Sanchez. Didn't do much of anything in either fight, and didn't use much energy. THAT is how he made it 4-5 rounds without looking very tired. It had NOTHING to do with Marinovich....mmmmmKay?

maybe he gassed because he's old and washed up now?

sometimes guys get old, and their athleticism goes away. have you heard of this before? or is Michael Jordan still destroying the NBA? is Tiger Woods still dominating golf?

A slight bit over rated but HOF worthy for sure.

LOL! We're really reaching aren't we?

You forgot to mention he got his ass kicked at HW against Machida.

LOL! We're really reaching aren't we?

You forgot to mention he got his ass kicked at HW against Machida.
How ironic you poor thing. You're the one reaching with that desperate statement. Everything I said was cold hard facts.

First, You could have googled any of the interviews in where Freddie complements him, I'll help you out since you seem handicapped in that department:
“Penn was one of the best strikers I’ve ever trained. I think at that time he was maybe the best striker. He could really punch. I really liked working with him," source http://www.cagepotato.com/freddie-roach-bit-a-dude’s-eyeball-also-offers-his-thoughts-on-gsp-anders-no-seriously-he-bit-out-an-eyeball/

Second, and my favorite, GUYS A LW WAS BEATEN BY A HW WHO WENT ON TO WIN LHW CHAMPIONSHIP, MUST BE A BUM. noob trolls are amusing LMAO. If you actually do believe this affects his resume at all(not to mention that he made the distance which is an impressive miracle in itself) then you're retarded.

Back