Is there a consensus that Demetrius Johnson ducked TJ Dillashaw?

ᗡႱ wɒnɘƚb ƚo ʇiǫƚʜ TႱ duƚ ƚʜɘɿɘ wɒƨ ƨmoɘ qɿodɘlmƨ in ƚʜɘ mibblɘ. ᗡႱ wnɒƚƨ diǫ monyɘ ɒnb wnɒƚɘb TႱ ƚo mʞɒɘ wɘiʜǫƚ. Ƨiɔnɘ TႱ ʜɒƨn’ƚ mɒbɘ 125 in ɒ lnoǫ ƚmiɘ iƚ bib ɔɒƨuɘ ɒlɿɒm ʇoɿ ᗡႱ ʇoɿ TႱ ƚo ǫuɒɿɒnƚɘɘ ʜiƨ ɒdiliƚy ƚo mɒʞɘ 125. TႱ iƨ qɿɘƚƚy biƨɔiqlinɘb duƚ wʜo ʞonwƨ ʜow ƚʜɘ wɘiǫʜƚ ɔuƚ woulb ʜvɒɘ wɘnƚ.
Cody will not date u

It's complicated. Obviously, he was offered the fight and didn't take it, and there aren't a lot of guys at 125 that are elite that he hasn't beaten. But he also made clear for a while that he wanted to get Anderson's record for consecutive title defences, and TJ missing weight would cause him to lose that. Anderson's record would have been longer had Lutter not missed. TJ had never made 125 as a pro fighter, and the UFC didn't give any real assurance that he would or offer compensation if he didn't, beyond the usual 30% for missing weight.
Good response. Spot on, imo. TJ never competing at 125 is a major red flag, especially considering his refusal to fight any top contenders at 125. And he can say all he wants that he's a small 135, but he really isn't. He's just as big as any other, and would tower over MM.

DJ could have negotiated so he would not have to fight TJ if he misses weight while getting paid. I do not see how this scenario would reflect badly on his record unless TJ made weight and DJ lost.

the guy is a duck and i have no interest in paying to watch any of his fights

Let's be real, the same reason Nunes gonna fight Cyborg or DC versus Cormier or Conor Alvarez. The reigning champions from close weight classes are the most marketable fights period. What I don't think DJ gets is if he fought TJ and even lost, his respect would go up like 200%. DJ is a stand out he will continue to sort out midgets until he retires more than likely but he will never be a GOAT in any metric for not throwing down on some hard fights. I'd rather watch Nunes or Cyborg fight anyday over DJ.

Let's be real, the same reason Nunes gonna fight Cyborg or DC versus Cormier or Conor Alvarez. The reigning champions from close weight classes are the most marketable fights period. What I don't think DJ gets is if he fought TJ and even lost, his respect would go up like 200%. DJ is a stand out he will continue to sort out midgets until he retires more than likely but he will never be a GOAT in any metric for not throwing down on some hard fights. I'd rather watch Nunes or Cyborg fight anyday over DJ.
so far he has like 3 names on his resume that people will remember down the road from now lol. the tim elliotts, cariasos, bibulatov or however you spell it, wilson reis, etc. will be forgotton and people will look at his record and see he fought like 3 opponents that were well known, and the rest is just filler

ducked the big pay day- lost tons of respect for MM after not stepping up to fight TJ

TJ has never made 125, whether as a pro or amateur fighter or in his wrestling days.
Yea, I wasn't sure about when he wrestled. I just didn't want someone coming in here whining that he made 105 or something when he was 14, or some other irrelevant bullshit, so I qualified it.

I think that MM priced himself out of the fight. The $2 million price tag is unreal. Stipe Miocic just got paid $750 k against DC and acknowledged that it was a fair figure.

Now MM is arguably the worst draw in UFC history, yet demands significantly more money than other fighters. I don't he is stupid, so everything points out to a clear case of ducking

Yep. He wants to go out undefeated. Not sure he wouldn't win but he is not a great draw so he will never get the money.

Yea, I wasn't sure about when he wrestled. I just didn't want someone coming in here whining that he made 105 or something when he was 14, or some other irrelevant bullshit, so I qualified it.

Haha someone would say that kinda shit being on Sherdog and all.

Nope. I really want to see the fight but I'm blaming WME for being cheapskate pricks.

yes.

if they were expecting DJ to go up to challenge TJ then that would be a whole nother story.

but nope, TJ was going down to 125 and DJ just flat out ducked him.

Stopped reading at the first line, the fight was never discussed to be at 135, TJ was perfectly willing to make 125. Btw true champions like Whittaker and Silva are not scared to fight even if their opponents miss weight

LOL same here. Its astonishing how many dumbos I've seen try to make that claim" hurrrdurr it's not ducking when the opponent I'd a heavier weight class than you idiot"

TJ OFFERED TO MEET HIM IN HIS OWN WEIGHT CLASS, 125, AND HAD ALREADY STARTED CUTTING WEIGHT.

I think MM knows TJ would too him. I think MM should get a nice paybump to get his ass kicked by TJ, but 2 mil guaranteed? Nah

Just get rid of 125. Problem solved.

DJ could have negotiated so he would not have to fight TJ if he misses weight while getting paid. I do not see how this scenario would reflect badly on his record unless TJ made weight and DJ lost.
Ummmm....that’s EXACTLY what he did and the UFC said fuck no. That’s why mouse told them to fuck off.

For everyone stupid enough to believe Dana and not even read a single response from DJ, yes.

Personally I think his requirement of getting paid even if TJ misses weight was pretty reasonable.

Dana offering his word as sole guarantee should not mean a thing to anyone who knows even a little about the topic.

I think that MM priced himself out of the fight. The $2 million price tag is unreal. Stipe Miocic just got paid $750 k against DC and acknowledged that it was a fair figure.

Now MM is arguably the worst draw in UFC history, yet demands significantly more money than other fighters. I don't he is stupid, so everything points out to a clear case of ducking
Pretty sure there is NOT a “consensus” about that. Your opinion on the matter is yours. A few people may agree with you, and maybee it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to shit on arguably the best PVP fighter in Mma? Not sure. Maybee you’re just mad that a 5 foot 4 guy who plays video games
Is wealthy, happy, successful, has a beautiful wife and family, and your incel mind just can’t wrap your head around that.

Back