Is the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas Really Big Enough For UFC 300?

65,000?!

Immense!

I don't know really I'm just asking the question - I figured they might try to go for something close to an indoor arena record for the UFC to mark the occasion, but as others have said, the UFC might not really suit huge arenas - the cage is kinda small, and the UFC don't go for the 'big show' feel in terms of visuals.

65,000k ain't shit stateside. The are plenty of college football stadiums that hold 100k+

Say what you will about WWE but they know how to sell a show way better than UFC. Dana could NEVER sell out Lincoln Financial Field or Sofi Stadium for any show, not even 300.

There are college basketball arenas that hold 30,000+ with better views

Not that TMobile is anything to shake a stick at

Someday we will be the last karate forum available and will be nostalgic of the days of the mighty t mobile arena.

"Grandpa, did you ever get to see Jon Jones eyepoke at the t mobile arena?"

The story's we will have to tell JBG Bless

It’s fantastic UFC events are arbitrarily numbered, still.

It’s fantastic events ending in 00 are special.

T-mobile, little Caesars arena (detriot) and bell center (Montreal) are actually really awesome Venues to watch from nosebleeds. The design is basically the higher up you are the more over the top the playing surface you are. Opposed to Madison Square garden or ACC / Scotia Bank Arena (toronto) where the higher up you are the further back you feel.

Agree the pricing still isn't worth it but the arena themselves are designed not to have a bad seat
I paid $350 for nosebleeds at 296. It wasn’t worth it. Took some friends as their first MMA event. The best seats are in the middle section, not floor and not nosebleed. I’ve been to like 10 VGK hockey games and it was good. But not for MMA imo

I paid $350 for nosebleeds at 296. It wasn’t worth it. Took some friends as their first MMA event. The best seats are in the middle section, not floor and not nosebleed. I’ve been to like 10 VGK hockey games and it was good. But not for MMA imo

I liked it for 202 but that atmosphere was peak awesome for that event. Loved the Golden Knights games I've seen there. Still think for an arena, it ranks high IF you want to see a UFC event and not pay for great seats.

I liked it for 202 but that atmosphere was peak awesome for that event. Loved the Golden Knights games I've seen there. Still think for an arena, it ranks high IF you want to see a UFC event and not pay for great seats.
202 was an amazing atmosphere! For 296 I was around a bunch of drunk idiots. It also didn’t help it was a boring main event Colby vs Leon. Fans were in a weird mood.

Because they are home and can sell tickets way more expensive than in a stadium. Vegas is made for this.

Back