Is Sean Omalley in for a rude awakening?

GSP got pretty far.
I like how GSP took some shit for the, "I'm not impressed by your performance," line he gave Matt Hughes. That's the closest I've ever heard him come to talking trash.

Sean O'Malley is like 7 feet tall and fights in a division of midgets

He won't get knocked out, maybe wrestle-fucked or leg kicked to death

but I think his size will help him tremendously in that division

He's a great prospect with a ton of potential. Young, great footwork, uses feints very well, unorthodox stance switching and precise striking, distance control etc. His only question mark seems to be his grappling, but again he is young and his s&c can improve similar to Holloway.

Don't have a clue why literally every prospect gets shat on on this forum.

I like him.

He has no qualms about who he believes himself to be. Sometimes you just have to will things into existence.

Who knows. He could be the next Max Holloway or he could be the next Roger Huerta.

At this point though, a lot of guys would give him trouble but he's got time to improve.

To be fair, Huerta beat Clay Guida and lost a close split decision to Gray Maynard--back when both of those guys were in their prime. He was either Top 5 or close to it for a brief time. Then he left the UFC for acting and wasn't even close to the same fighter when he came back to MMA.

Sean hasn't even tested himself against a top fighter yet.

I like how GSP took some shit for the, "I'm not impressed by your performance," line he gave Matt Hughes. That's the closest I've ever heard him come to talking trash.

lol yes, it was like if Ned Flanders says "heck", and everybody freaks out.

I think he's just utilizing the formula to help him get more attention.

It seems to be working judging by threads about him here.

I didn't know who he was until recently.
This.

Who the fuck is Sean O’Malley? I only know cause sherdog.

This kids a poor mans alex bruce leroy caceres. Quirky kid. well get punished when starts fighting manlier opponents. he's like cody mackenzie, but with punches. put him in there with mendes or benevidez and he will crumble to a bodyshot.

You have to be matt hughes level farmer strong to be his frame and be able to succeed against the top of the pile.

No disrepect to omally, the kid got hyped by a stoned snoop dog who is doing ufc ommentary. In this youtube monetizing era he's running with it. Get your 15 minutes son.

Last edited:
He sounds very cocky for a guy who hasnt fought anyone half decent yet. He has 2 wins in the UFC against two of the lower ranked fighters.

Hes talking about headlining his next event and how he deserves it. What?

He has hype but hes completely unproven. He tatood a star on his face because "Im a star".

Is this guy going to crash and burn or do you think hes actually really good?
Pure hype. He’s too fragile, he will be exposed.

He showed a lot of heart in his last fight (why I made him my AV for now) and he seems pretty skilled. Exciting fighter.

A wrestler may expose him, I dont know.

He shouldn't be headlining yet.

That's ridiculous and would be another silly Dana decision due to favortism.

I think everyone in the top 10 on Sherdog would beat him, along with some unranked guys. He is a kid for crying out loud, give him some time to learn and gain experience.

He sounds very cocky for a guy who hasnt fought anyone half decent yet. He has 2 wins in the UFC against two of the lower ranked fighters.

He has hype but hes completely unproven. He tatood a star on his face because "Im a star".

He's of Irish descent. Dana is of Irish descent. Conor is of Irish (good amount of Scottish to take a guess) descent. Conor's cuck fanboys are of Irish descent. Irish look out for other Irish (excluding the Orange-Green problem). He will get garbage opponents on main cards until his skill level matches that of other main card fighters. At that point he will be well known and a decent fighter.

He might get a rude awakening afterwards....

He 100% should have lost his last fight if his opponent wasn't the dumbest fighter ever.

Combat sports are fueled with hype. Hype is what keeps the machine churning. Most of us don't watch fights because he want to see some technical fight. We are attracted to the drama and shenanigans.

If he continues to surf the hype, he will become "GOAT" to many fans, regardless of how weak his record is e.g. Conor McGregor. If he can't surf the hype, the fans will find another "GOAT" to worship.

I have nothing against the guy (I like him in fact), but any fighter with half ass decent wrestling credentials will give him his first lose. He better be working overtime on his wrestling while the UFC feeds him bums, he'll need every ounce of practice he can get.

To be fair, Huerta beat Clay Guida and lost a close split decision to Gray Maynard--back when both of those guys were in their prime. He was either Top 5 or close to it for a brief time. Then he left the UFC for acting and wasn't even close to the same fighter when he came back to MMA.

Sean hasn't even tested himself against a top fighter yet.

I'm not saying Huerta sucked. Dude just had a ton of hype and the potential to be a star but he dropped off suddenly and was never the same.

Back