Is Ric Flair is the Greatest Of All Time?

Seriously, how can someone make a thread about anyone but the Immortal God Emperor of Wrestling being the GOAT.

Greatest Face Ever

Greatest Heel Ever

And miss me with all the bullshit about Austin & Rock and the corny Attitude Era, shit was way overrated.

Give me 1988-89 Savage over both those dudes.

Matter a fact Brock right now is better than Austin & Rock also.

I think you gotta give it to Hulk Hogan. I remember even Flair said that Hogan was the #1 because everyone in the world knew who he was.
I think there's merit to that. If the point of wrestling is to get people watching wrestling, Hogan wins.

ric-flair-flop-oquly4.gif

In comparison to where WWE is now WCW in 1994 before the NWO was great even though Hogan, Savage and Flair were past their prime.

Flair is one of the greatest ever, but some people are turned off by his wrestling style.

I'd put him, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, and Steve Austin, and maybe Kurt Angle on the same level

Hogan said that Flair was.

Flair said that he (Ric) was the best entertainer in the ring ever and Shawn Michaels the best 'wrestler' IIRC. Maybe Hogan was the best in the world at combining everything.

Ric definitely was the best entertainer while Hogan was the biggest star in wrestling history.

Flair was easily the best talker ever, in my opinion. Just above Dusty Rhodes.

It all depends on the criteria. Under certain criteria, Flair could easily be considered the GOAT.
Under criteria I used several years back, I came up with Rikidozan as the GOAT.
Part of that criteria gave equal weight to Japan, the United States and Mexico. I had Hogan at 2 .

He's in the top10, and in the top 10, it's all subjective.

If Jerhico goes another couple years, I might say him. He didn't have a simple schtick to fall back on like Taker; he has to be fresh, entertaining, and original (somewhat) at all times; and he has.

Rock is the greatest overall superstar, because money, fame, and popularity doesn't lie about money, fame, and popularity.

Nobody put over more people then Ric Flair while being able to maintain champ status for decades

Jeff Hardy can do way more stuff.

In my opinion, yes. My opinion is heavily influenced by having grown up in western NC, smack in the heart of Flair Country. (I've been a fan since his Mid-Atlantic days. Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling was my intro to televised rasslin.)

Side note: My brother and I chopped and "Wooooo!"d each other roughly 6 billion times as kids.

If the American Dream says so, then I'm gonna take his word as gospel. So....yes

If a wrestler is great but no one cares, does it really matter.
True. Mr Perfect was way better too.

I only heard about Ric Flair when he came to the WWF with his Gold belt... I think I missed a lot of the magic - I never quite got why people went so nuts over him.

When you combine match quality, promo skills, and accomplishments I'd say yes.

I think Macho Man is probably the most talented person to ever lace up his boots but was held back by Hogan.

Back