Is Raquel Pennington the new worst UFC champion in history?

I always thought of Pennington as a female Roy Nelson, if I thought much about her at all. She has managed to grind out a pretty good UFC though.

Watching her cluelessly try to finish an arm triangle choke from mount for almost a full round was just sad. Normally Cruz is the one to make fun of fighters for that, but DC took it this time:

Cruz: "It's very strategic to find this choke. It's not as easy as it looks."
DC: "It may be the easiest choke in jiu-jitsu."
Cruz: "Ahhh...yeahhhh..."
DC: "It might be the easiest choke in all of jiu-jitsu."

Watching her cluelessly try to finish an arm triangle choke from mount for almost a full round was just sad. Normally Cruz is the one to make fun of fighters for that, but DC took it this time:

Cruz: "It's very strategic to find this choke. It's not as easy as it looks."
DC: "It may be the easiest choke in jiu-jitsu."
Cruz: "Ahhh...yeahhhh..."
DC: "It might be the easiest choke in all of jiu-jitsu."
Pennington either didn't know what she was doing or was happy to maintain top control and let the clock run down.

She’s a champ? I’m the filthiest casual on the planet.

Dave Menne, Nicco Montana, move over
True story. During the TUF season that Pennington was on I spoke to that tall Kentucky broad at the airport in Vegas and then saw Raquel in the lobby as well as on my plane. Didn't even offer her my 1st class (business class) seat as she walked by on the way 3rd class. #WorstChampFoSho

Last edited:
Holm would have put up more of a fight than that. And it still wouldn't have been great, but fuck. They overlooked a banned substance violation to give her a title shot and she layed down like a lame hooker.

Holm would have put up more of a fight than that. And it still wouldn't have been great, but fuck. They overlooked a banned substance violation to give her a title shot and she layed down like a lame hooker.

It was Adderall, rightfully discarded as a meaningless violation. And seeing how she ran through Holly I doubt that.

The topic is she the new worst champ. She’s clearly better than the no name chick ranked 3rd. And she looks better than Nico. It’s WMMA, no one cares about it anyway
...yes, new worst CHAMP. The no name chick ranked 3rd has never been champ

Only one that is worse is Nicco Montano
WMMA has had some amazing champions in recent years, Rocky is not one of them by far

It was Adderall, rightfully discarded as a meaningless violation. And seeing how she ran through Holly I doubt that.
Holly would have clicnhed and ished ished all night. You know that. She would never go deer in the headlights.

Back