Is Raquel Pennington the new worst UFC champion in history?

I know Menne is the meme for sherbros.

But he was very good in his time. Not for nothing beat Newton and Pele Landi, among many others

I'm happy to see her win it. She's had a ton of fights and a lot of ups and downs. Nice to see her get that belt.
Why would you be happy to see her win the belt only when the actual champ retires? The champ who KO'd her in a title defence btw.

Loser mentality.

Dave Menne, Nicco Montana, move over
You better put some hespect on the warrior. Dude beat the orignal 200 lb Khabib (With a little help with the American referees), the mighty Pele, and Carlos Newton in one night. He fought like 15 in 1999, losing only to the promotion honcho/hancho in Tamura. Fought bigger guys on short notice multiple times. Don't you dare to use the name of the warrior in the same line that these bitches Montaño or "Rockie"

Skill wise, probably.

That said, Germaine De Randemie will always go down as the worst champion in my book. Won the belt with some of the dirtiest late hits (twice), then literally ran away from the belt because she was afraid to fight Cyborg whomst the weight class was literally made for.
That was shameful for sure

Esparza won the title looking worse, but atleast she has her wrestling skills that are effective. This fight made WMMA look amateur.

She wasn't even excited. This shit was horrible. Silva didn't throw more than 3 punches. She froze HARD and fought stupid.

I usually enjoy WMMA but this one was turrble. Dana looked disgusted.
<31>
Silva was shook after two rounds. Her body language spoke I just lost this fight. She has no way to cope with adversity, ala Mike Malott.

I usually enjoy WMMA but this one was turrble.

Is this something you say to not sound like an asshole or something?

4/5 women's fights are snoozers that go to a decision. This one was no different, and it was a co-main on a PPV. Ridiculous.

Remains to be seen. If she gets at least one successful defense then she's not as bad as Strickland

I don't think Nicco has a better resume than Racquel but I do think she had a unique path to the title that's hard to compare.

Raquel is only champion because Nunes wanted to spend time with her family
Nicco was only champion because they did a season of TUF to crown a champion and Valentina and Jennifer Maia were too good for that.

She has an interesting story coming into TUF as a nobody and winning the whole thing, I'll give you that. But that doesn't make her a better champion. Nicco didn't even fight the other semifinalist, she faced a last minute replacement in Roxy. You could take away half of Pennington's wins and she would still have the better resume

One of the most dissapointing occurances of all time. ANYBODY but this woman.

it feels like they should've done a mini-tournament to replace Nunes. Also, Pena actually beat Nunes, so it's weird that they even did a fight for the belt without her in it.

Is this something you say to not sound like an asshole or something?

4/5 women's fights are snoozers that go to a decision. This one was no different, and it was a co-main on a PPV. Ridiculous.
Nah... Believe it or not, I actually love WMMA. They do have mad snoozers though, but men do too.

<Fedor23>

Nicco was only champion because they did a season of TUF to crown a champion and Valentina and Jennifer Maia were too good for that.

She has an interesting story coming into TUF as a nobody and winning the whole thing, I'll give you that. But that doesn't make her a better champion. Nicco didn't even fight the other semifinalist, she faced a last minute replacement in Roxy. You could take away half of Pennington's wins and she would still have the better resume
I don't consider Nicco an actual champ.

Her ONLY UFC WIN, was for a vacant title in a reality TV spectacle against a late replacement who had 14 losses at the time, now TWENTY losses and a career 25-20 record.

Career record 4-3.

Basically relinquished her belt rather than have Valentina wipe the fucking mat with her.

Back