Is Raquel Pennington the new worst UFC champion in history?

Being happy for someone accomplishing their dream is "loser mentality" ....???
Marks a moron who would have jerked off to the idea of Conor getting the LW belt after Khabib retired, but Rocky is not allowed to become champ now or be happy about it or something

Id rank her ahead of Nicco but Niccos run to win title as underdog in tuf seemed more fun and she actually got fotn in her title win.
So prbably yes-sadly.

You just said Nicco Montano, nobody is worse than that.
Nicco Montano - man what a ride for her.
2017 Wins TUF, talks about being dirt poor, almost homeless, and excited she can finally afford an apartment for her and her cats.
2018 Misses weight against Valentina and goes to the hospital at UFC228.
Gets her title stripped.
Gets suspended by USADA for Ostarine.
2019 gets to fight again but McMann pulls out of their fight and she loses to Pena instead.
Gets hurt before the Chiasson fight.
Gets another fight - fight is cancelled because her coaches have covid.
Fight is rescheduled, and then she gets covid.
Fight is rescheduled - she cant because of travel restrictions.
Gets pulled from her next fight against Karol Rosa
Misses weight by 7 pounds against Wu Yanan
2021 - Cut by the UFC.

2017 Wins TUF, talks about being dirt poor, almost homeless, and excited she can finally afford an apartment for her and her cats.
Gets her title stripped.
2019 gets to fight again but McMann pulls out of their fight and she loses to Pena instead.
2021 - Cut by the UFC.

stuff GOATs made of

Gets her title stripped.
2021 - Cut by the UFC.
Know to her friends as "Grimey".

There are moments where I really hate being negative towards a fighter's ability. You know they're working hard. You know they want it. Disciplined in their daily lives, make the weight, stay out of trouble, and do all the little things right.

This isn't one of those times. WTF was that and why was that abomination on PPV as a co-main? Particularly when most everyone knew it was going to be a stinker.

The only way WMMA survives is by being mixed in with men's MMA.

If they had them on 2 seperate cards nobody would watch that shit.

She's definitely better than Nico Motano. I'd argue that she probably has more name value than Pantoja as well.

We are just in 2000s era WCW. There just aren't a lot of stars/big names and you've got a weird lineup of champions right now. I mean just look at this. Has there ever been a weaker lineup of champs in story? At least from a name value perspective?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-22 082040 - Copy.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-22 082040 - Copy.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 3
It's gotta be disheartening to know, deep down inside, that the only reason you are champ now is because the previous champ retired.

As a person, Pennington seems pleasant and sweet. She comes across as such in her interviews. But her fight IQ is terrible and it affects her ability to put on good performances. Hell, even Dana Pink himself said in the post fight press conference that Raquel doesn't listen to her coaches ever and it drives them and him crazy. I was yelling at my computer monitor in the 4th and 5th rounds when Pennington was close to finishing via strikes and via choke. She was so fucking close but derped both times.

I respect how long she's been in the game but the WBW belt is a token. A facsimile. A participation trophy, at this point.
I hope Pennington at least makes some good money to support her new family.

Back