Is Pacquiao going to fight Thurman

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
thats the best fight that can be made at Welterweight

I like Steve Kim's take on this

Pacquiao should avoid Thurman because Thurman has a legit chance to catch and KO Pacquiao and that would ruin a superfight rematch with Mayweather

I think Thurman wins over Garcia and if that happens, Roach would not want Pac to fight Thurman. But if Garcia wins, Roach would definitely want Pac to fight Garcia because it favors Pac stylistically.

It would be in Manny's best interest to not fight Thurman, not at this point, this isn't 2009... Too young, too heavy a hitter and would be SUPER motivated to make a statement.

Pacquiao is more than likely doing a retirement tour against Top 25 level fighters. Pac is with Arum as well makes things even more difficult
25 is too high for Jeff Horn... But I hope he Smith/Hopkin's Manny out the ring. We need a torch pass in that weight class, and Pac ducked Crawford.

Because of top rank the only young dangerous fight you will see Pac take is with Crawford. That way they can kind of pass the torch in house.
There comes a point in somebody's career where they dont really have to fight the young lions and killers with very weak resumes.
Let them fight each other. Let them build their resumes and let the best guy emerge. Then maybe the greats will consider.
Manny has definitely reached the level where he can cherry pick.
These guys have been through wars, fought the killers of multiple eras, have hall of fame resumes, and are freaking pushing 40 years old.
Thats not ducking or avoiding. Thats a legit pecking order.

Pac beats Thurman or Garcia unless they wait too long and he gets even more aged and worn than he is now

I like Steve Kim's take on this

Pacquiao should avoid Thurman because Thurman has a legit chance to catch and KO Pacquiao and that would ruin a superfight rematch with Mayweather

I like how boxing analysts and trainers give break downs on the best ways for fighters to duck and dodge challenges. The fact that fans support this whenever it's a fighter they like, makes it even more comical.

I like how boxing analysts and trainers give break downs on the best ways for fighters to duck and dodge challenges. The fact that fans support this whenever it's a fighter they like, makes it even more comical.

The problem with calling Manny a duck is the simple fact that he has the resume he has. He fought the best there were for him to fight, then he moved up again and again and kept it up. Now he's on his last lap and people want to dig at him for not fighting guys who don't have the pedigree of some of his previous opponents? Doesn't make any sense.

He fought nearly everyone he could in his prime. And then he fought more. Pacquiao deserves better than being called a duck simply because he's not fighting Crawford.

Similar to Seano pointing out recently about Cotto/Kirkland, no one is trying to fight Jeff Horn. Manny isn't getting in anyone's way. He's at the end of his career, passed his best, and trying to cash out on the legacy he's created through a ton of hard fights.

The problem with calling Manny a duck is the simple fact that he has the resume he has. He fought the best there were for him to fight, then he moved up again and again and kept it up. Now he's on his last lap and people want to dig at him for not fighting guys who don't have the pedigree of some of his previous opponents? Doesn't make any sense.

He fought nearly everyone he could in his prime. And then he fought more. Pacquiao deserves better than being called a duck simply because he's not fighting Crawford.

Similar to Seano pointing out recently about Cotto/Kirkland, no one is trying to fight Jeff Horn. Manny isn't getting in anyone's way. He's at the end of his career, passed his best, and trying to cash out on the legacy he's created through a ton of hard fights.

When you're no longer the best in the world, then you shouldn't be calling yourself the world champion. Otherwise, you absolutely are ducking. He should be fighting for the Intercontinental or International titles instead.

The Filipinos would still watch his fights, he has his audience in the States as well. Still big money to be made, just without the facade.

Even B-HOP had the integrity to go for the WBC international title, instead of politiking for another world title belt.

When you're no longer the best in the world, then you shouldn't be calling yourself the world champion. Otherwise, you absolutely are ducking. He should be fighting for the Intercontinental or International titles instead.

The Filipinos would still watch his fights, he has his audience in the States as well. Still big money to be made, just without the facade.

Even B-HOP had the integrity to go for the WBC international title, instead of politiking for another world title belt.

You'll have to excuse me for giving a guy who gave me 4 fights with Marquez, 3 fights with Morales, two with Barrera, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, 3 fights with Tim Bradley, and then Floyd Mayweather, a little bit of a break because he holds the WBO title.

He could box a street lamp for his WBO title and I wouldn't give a shit. He's done more than almost any boxer in recent memory and has earned himself a cashout tour that doesn't result in him taking a nap.

You'll have to excuse me for giving a guy who gave me 4 fights with Marquez, 3 fights with Morales, two with Barrera, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, 3 fights with Tim Bradley, and then Floyd Mayweather, a little bit of a break because he holds the WBO title.

He could box a street lamp for his WBO title and I wouldn't give a shit. He's done more than almost any boxer in recent memory and has earned himself a cashout tour that doesn't result in him taking a nap.

You may be favoritist all you want (I have mines). But that cash tour can also be done without hijacking a belt. There's fighters who are trying to eat outchea too. Either fight the best, or let the next gen do their thing.

You may be favoritist all you want (I have mines). But that cash tour can also be done without hijacking a belt. There's fighters who are trying to eat outchea too. Either fight the best, or let the next gen do their thing.

You haven't been around here long if you think Pac is my favorite. I'm just not a twat about an all time great and first ballot hall of famer not fighting my favorite.

the titles don't really mean much to begin with, if Pac wants to hold it hostage, that's fine

besides, regardless of if he tried fighting Crawford, there are a lot of good guys he did try fighting who said no (specifically Swift and Broner)

the titles don't really mean much to begin with, if Pac wants to hold it hostage, that's fine

besides, regardless of if he tried fighting Crawford, there are a lot of good guys he did try fighting who said no (specifically Swift and Broner)

Pac did a twitter poll recently, and Amir Khan just got 40% of the votes. Crawford and Brooks got the rest. Jeff Horn got like 4%. I think an Amir-Pac fight might happen next year, and my money's on Amir. That is if, he can claim that WBC/WBA gold first.

Pac did a twitter poll recently, and Amir Khan just got 40% of the votes. Crawford and Brooks got the rest. Jeff Horn got like 4%. I think an Amir-Pac fight might happen next year, and my money's on Amir. That is if, he can claim that WBC/WBA gold first.
khan/Pac will replace Horn/Pac, just as a I predicted

Back