Is my friend a BOSS or a BUM?

Krixes

The Undefeated Gaul
@Steel
Reaction score
So I have been friends with this guy for about 20 years. We used to party a lot way back in the day in Michigan before I moved 2500 miles away but we still talk on the phone a few times a year. He always has been really sensitive (has victim mentality) and not that intelligent or maybe just a quitter I'm not really sure. He never graduated High School or got his GED. He is 35 years old and still lives at home with his Dad and has no intentions of ever moving out. He's been on disability for a mental disorder (doesn't go to therapy anymore) for the last 10 years and works part-time at a RC hobby shop. He's not a drug dealer but he does sell some suboxone, xanax and adderall pills that are legally prescribed to him for extra cash. He makes pretty good money from his 3 sources of income but blows most of it on RC cars which he has literally has over $20k invested in his 3 (Buggy, car, Truck). He spends 4 days a week at a race track preparing for the league tournament races that our on Fridays. So is my buddy a bum because he refuses to save his money and get his own place or even try to get a real job? Or is he a BOSS because he has manipulated the system to work in his favor? He gets pretty upset whenever I give him advice so I thought I would get some other input.

Cliff Notes
*Long time buddy is 35 and still lives with Dad and refuses to ever move out
*He sells prescription drugs for extra cash
*He's on disability for a mental disorder and also works part time
*Spends all his time and money on RC cars
*Is he a BOSS or a BUM?

In my opinion, he's a boss. He does what he wants, when he wants.

sounds like a dumbass that sooner rather than later is gonna end up in the slammer

RC Cars? Shit, I had a friend in high school who gravitated toward that stuff because he simply gave up on trying to hook up with chicks. I wouldn't categorize it as Boss Behavior.

sounds like a dumbass that sooner rather than later is gonna end up in the slammer
Yeah he has been to jail a few times but always seems to avoid any real trouble. He plays dumb better then anyone I've ever met.

I think it's good you moved 2500 miles away from this person...

You have to ask!?!
You are both bums

Sound a lot like many of my friends. At first I was worried but now I'm not anymore.

One of them found a job. An OK paying job who lives with his parent. I mean he is set for life basically. No need to pay for rent. After his parents pass away, the house will transfer to his name. He makes enough money to pay for insurance, tax and food. He is set.

My other friend only works when he needs money. So he would literally work for 1 year, quit, party for a year, and repeat. He also lives with his parents. I mean life is good when you're being taken cared of by your parents. And when they die, you inherit their house and your set for life.

The most expensive thing in life is house. But if you're parents own a house, all you need is a little money for food which is not a lot. My friend literally works for McDonald whenever he needs cash and he can afford expensive meals and travel. If you're not looking for vices or buying your own place, life is good.

Many of us are in the rat race because we want a nice car, a nice home, move out and be our own. Think about how much money you can save by living with your parents.

Depends on your priority. Some say bum some say boss

Sound a lot like many of my friends. At first I was worried but now I'm not anymore.

One of them found a job. An OK paying job who lives with his parent. I mean he is set for life basically. No need to pay for rent. After his parents pass away, the house will transfer to his name. He makes enough money to pay for insurance, tax and food. He is set.

My other friend only works when he needs money. So he would literally work for 1 year, quit, party for a year, and repeat. He also lives with his parents. I mean life is good when you're being taken cared of by your parents. And when they die, you inherit their house and your set for life.

The most expensive thing in life is house. But if you're parents own a house, all you need is a little money for food which is not a lot. My friend literally works for McDonald whenever he needs cash and he can afford expensive meals and travel. If you're not looking for vices or buying your own place, life is good.

Many of us are in the rat race because we want a nice car, a nice home, move out and be our own. Think about how much money you can save by living with your parents.

Depends on your priority. Some say bum some say boss

This! My parents own 3 homes in Southern California ! Hand me downs are welcome !

Your friend isn't a bum, just a mental lowlife with not many aspirations and possible low T.

This! My parents own 3 homes in Southern California ! Hand me downs are welcome !
At least he was there for his parents. I have no respect for those who moved out and never visit or talk to the parents until the day. Some don't even visit them on their deathbed. But they'd sue and claim all their stuff. ZERO respect for these freeloaders.

Is he having threesomes and girls fighting over him?

35 and living with parents? I moved out when I was 19 and never looked back. Oh well. To each his own, I guess. I'd kill myself if I knew I had to live with my parents for the rest of my life.

Edit to add: But that doesn't mean that I abandoned my parents. I'm always ready to help and visit them at least twice a month.

The measure of a man is how he'll do after his parents die.

Sounds like your friend won't know how to live, where to go, and how to change the toilet paper roll once his parents kick the bucket.

35 and living with parents? I moved out when I was 19 and never looked back. Oh well. To each his own, I guess. I'd kill myself if I knew I had to live with my parents for the rest of my life.

Edit to add: But that doesn't mean that I abandoned my parents. I'm always ready to help and visit them at least twice a month.

My dad is single and has a 4 bedroom house. I live here with my kids. It's paid off, and is minenqhen he dies. I still want to move out again soon. I have been living here for like 5 years now, and it's bad. My new Arabic gf seems to think it's normal, but I really don't. It's not healthy imo. It's demotivating.. But the kids get used to the place and yada yada.

My dad is single and has a 4 bedroom house. I live here with my kids. It's paid off, and is minenqhen he dies. I still want to move out again soon. I have been living here for like 5 years now, and it's bad. My new Arabic gf seems to think it's normal, but I really don't. It's not healthy imo. It's demotivating.. But the kids get used to the place and yada yada.
My buddy lives pretty close to you, he's from Flint.

Back