Is Mousasi one of the best of all time?

God, I don't where to start on your lack of intelligence on the matter of Gegard Mousasi....its comical.First off if you reference fights that happened years ago and under certain circumstances then you can say the same for just about every single fighter.
Here s the fact of the matter- RIGHT NOW, IN VEGAS ....he d might be a slight underdog to maybe 1 or 2 middleweight s in world....maybe.
.....and for the record,lol- has one of the best resumes in sport.Do you get the fact that he's in his prime now- fighting since 18 with a record of 44-6....a major success in every organization he's fought in (including ufc)
Go check your brain cells, son

Look I had to laugh at your post man...you have this reputation as the biggest Mousasi fan and just reading your post is hilarious..it's pure delusion

He does not have one of the best resumes in the sport, my friend. He does not even have one of the best resumes at MW or LHW.

When Mousasi went to fight the best MW's in the UFC, he failed. He was outstruck by Machida AND he was submited by Jacare.

He was 0-2 against title contenders while in the UFC, the fact that he won other fights, against non contenders, does not impress me at all.

Mousasi is a dud, he did not live up to his expectations..that's the reality we live in.

Also if he is in his prime now why is he fighting guys like Carvahlo and Shlemenko in Bellator ? Why did Mousasi leave the UFC to go and fight in Bellator's weakest division ? He's now all about making the money rather than fighting the best - because when he fought the best he lost and now he's all about taking safe fights to make more money so he can buy more houses with his brother.

Last edited:
I think he's arguably the best fighter ever to never win the consensus #1 title in the sport (PRIDE 2000-2007, UFC 2008-present day), yeah. The fact that he's won basically every other available title is proof of that.

Who else would be up there? Maybe Cro Cop? Gustafsson?

Look I had to laugh at your post man...you have this reputation as the biggest Mousasi fan and just reading your post is hilarious..it's pure delusion

He does not have one of the best resumes in the sport, my friend. He does not even have one of the best resumes at MW or LHW.

When Mousasi went to fight the best MW's in the UFC, he failed. He was outstruck by Machida AND he was submited by Jacare.

He was 0-2 against title contenders while in the UFC, the fact that he won other fights, against non contenders, does not impressive me at all.

Mousasi is a dud, he did not live up to his expectations..that's the reality we live in.

Also if he is in his prime now why is he fighting guys like Carvahlo and Shlemenko in Bellator ? Why did Mousasi leave the UFC to go and fight in Bellator's weakest division ? He's now all about making the money rather than fighting the best - because when he fought the best he lost and now he's all about taking safe fights to make more money so he can buy more houses with his brother.
I stopped at outstruck by Machida, einstein ( Mousasi outstruck him 66-35 and that was coming off 2 acl- tears- and his first fight back at 185 in several years) machida won a CLOSE fight on significant strikes and fifth round.
I'm not going to continue cause I don't feel like owning another bag of dicks, sherdogger who knows very little in what he's saying.
Chris Weidman was " done". He's not done now--- your mma acumen is embarrassing and I'd boot you just based on that

I stopped at outstruck by Machida, einstein ( Mousasi outstruck him 66-35 and that was coming off 2 acl- tears- and his first fight back at 185 in several years) machida won a CLOSE fight on significant strikes and fifth round.
I'm not going to continue cause I don't feel like owning another bag of dicks, sherdogger who knows very little in what he's saying.
Chris Weidman was " done". He's not done now--- your mma acumen is embarrassing and I'd boot you just based on that

Chris Weidman is done. No fighter has come back from 3 knockout loses in a row and Weidman's win over a former WW does not mean that he has come back. Weidman is done and will only decline further..

Mousasi fought a guy coming off two brutal knockout loses...is that what Mousasi fans consider a quality win these days ?

Honestly, I think he would have a decent chance at beating Whittaker and Romero, though I would favor them over him. I think he beats Jacare in a rematch. Jacare seems to have gotten much worse lately. Mousasi pretty much starches everyone else in the division.

He is among the best fighters to never win UFC gold.

I think Mousasi would wrestle-fuck Romero until he gassed. So like 3 minutes. Top control for Gegard and it's in the bag. I think Whitaker actually has a decent chance to beat Mousasi in stand-up and catch him with a shot, but if it goes to he ground and Mousasi isn't half knocked out....it's all Gegard. Just start tapping now.

Def one of the GOAT. I'm an old man now and I've been watching Mousasi calmly shred dudes since I was a wee lad. He's really incredible. I love his mellow demeanor too. Just a calm & collected killer.

Last edited:
Not a hater at all but this guy's resume still lacking and he lost that don't give a shit attitude that made people like him in the first place.

I+know+this+was+from+some+old+poe+comic+fantastic+_6f4a9a47d82490e5c05b84a8b5c02efe.jpg

Chris Weidman is done. No fighter has come back from 3 knockout loses in a row and Weidman's win over a former WW does not mean that he has come back. Weidman is done and will only decline further..

Mousasi fought a guy coming off two brutal knockout loses...is that what Mousasi fans consider a quality win these days ?
Wow- I don't want to call you names so I'm going to stop now.
FFS, half his wins are quality and most are early finished.
According to you, Bisping MIGHT be a top 40 185er all time.outside Luke fluke, what has he done ? A bunch of decision wins that he was heavily favored against?
What,-lol- an arguable LOSS to 68 year old Hendo?[mousasi wasted him in under a minute].....
A draw against a past his prime Anderson? - a fight that was originally supposed to be against Mousasi. Bisping...
and I quote" I was relieved I didn't have to fight Gegard "
Dude - go away, you're an embarrassment

"A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Mousasi, thank you for coming in for this job interview. After reviewing your credentials and qualifications, we've determined that with a record of 44-6...and fighting in virtually every promotion in the world...and winning...well virtually everything...that your resume is "still lacking". We're really looking for someone with that "don't give a shit attitude". Good luck in your future endeavors, Mr. Mousasi.".

Said. No. One. Ever.

Boxing
  • Nederlandse Boks Bond
    • Netherlands Amateur Boxing National Championship (2001)
Mixed martial arts

"A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Mousasi, thank you for coming in for this job interview. After reviewing your credentials and qualifications, we've determined that with a record of 44-6...and fighting in virtually every promotion in the world...and winning...well virtually everything...that your resume is "still lacking". We're really looking for someone with that "don't give a shit attitude". Good luck in your future endeavors, Mr. Mousasi.".

Said. No. One. Ever.

Boxing
  • Nederlandse Boks Bond
    • Netherlands Amateur Boxing National Championship (2001)
Mixed martial arts

DREAM middleweight Champion? DREAM light heavyweight Champion ? Fight of the night ? What kind of accomplishments are these?

He fought everywhere but other than Jacare I cannot see any top wins..

His resume is lacking in top wins, it's not lacking in meaningless awards and titles (Who really cares about the Bellator or DREAM titles?)

The only reason everyone was so high on him 10 years ago was because of his youth and don't give a shit attitude...people thought that once he matured a bit, once he really started to take things seriously then perphaps young Gegard would make something of himself...well time went by and Gegard did make something of himself, he's a successfull real estate investor, just not a top fighter like everyone hoped for and it's a real pity but that is the sad reality we have to face.

It's time people take a real good sober look at reality and realize that Mousasi did not fulfill his potential, He left the UFC WITH 3 LOSES AND 0 TOP WINS and that's just the facts

Wtf are you guys serious? Listing Henderson/Belfort.. Weidman as his major wins.. if that is the case his resume is weak af

Dont fucking sit here and act like Henderson/Vitor were anywhere near prime when he beat them.. hell we all know they were off TRT and done..

Even Weidman was way past his best after two brutal knockouts and multiple injuries

DREAM middleweight Champion? DREAM light heavyweight Champion ? Fight of the night ? What kind of accomplishments are these?

He fought everywhere but other than Jacare I cannot see any top wins..

His resume is lacking in top wins, it's not lacking in meaningless awards and titles (Who really cares about the Bellator or DREAM titles?)

The only reason everyone was so high on him 10 years ago was because of his youth and don't give a shit attitude...people thought that once he matured a bit, once he really started to take things seriously then perphaps young Gegard would make something of himself...well time went by and Gegard did make something of himself, he's a successfull real estate investor, just not a top fighter like everyone hoped for and it's a real pity but that is the sad reality we have to face.

It's time people take a real good sober look at reality and realize that Mousasi did not fulfill his potential, He left the UFC WITH 3 LOSES AND 0 TOP WINS and that's just the facts

Weidman is a better win than Jacare was. Jacare was green as hell. Weidman was top 3.

manboy, the vast majority of current fighters would trade their resume for his in a heartbeat. He's a legend, regardless of your opinion. Bag on him all you want, you're opinion is in the extreme minority. I don't really have a dog in this fight. I just saw a ridiculous comment and called it ridiculous. Carry on.

He's a high-level fighter, and any MMA fan should know his name and his fights. His career has been very interesting, but in some fights he came out pretty flat. We'll see how the rest of it goes, but for now I put him in the "always almost there" camp.

I think the fact his fans are so annoying skews my perception of him as a fighter.

He is at Hendo status as far as never winning a UFC belt, but belts in other major orgs. I consider Hendo one of the best of all time, so I consider Mousasi one too.

Like this.

Last edited:
Yes he is Carvalho is no joke and he just beat him easily but Moose knew to take it down because Carvalhos striking is top notch
Meh I think he could have owned carvalho on the feet. He just knew a takedown would get him an easier victory. I could be wrong though.

its amazing how easy he finished him yesterday. He would have been a champ inthe UFC by now as well i think

Weidman
Belfort
Henderson

His wins at 205 against
OSP and Latifi are very good in hindsight.
on top of that he lost to juiced up Jacare and Machida. So his losses would have been less if USADA came sooner

He was 0-2 against title contenders while in the UFC, the fact that he won other fights, against non contenders, does not impress me at all.

What BS.

He left because of the stupid things UFC did. The whole GSP/Bisping thing is just crazy...I would favor him over any MW in the UFC (Romero/Rockhold being the most difficult for him). I think both Carvahlo and Shlemenko would be top 10 in UFC..

Of course and he's IN HIS PRIME NOW- [32]INSANE.44-6, 8-0 KBOXING record.successful runs every place he's been....including UFC 9-3, 12-3 under zuffa banner and left UFC on a 5 fight stoppage streak.
That's what we call " a once in a lifetime mmartist "
Demetrius Johnson knows what's up as he has called him one of the best 3 pound for pound fighters ever (j.jones was the other as he was trying to come up with a 3rd)...
His last fight was very misleading as he fought MONOCULAR for basically the entire fight- no depth perception whatsoever....and still dominated round 1 and won round 2 to secure win.

Your credibility goes out the window when you say he dominated round 1-2 against Shlemenko. Many had Shlemenko winning the fight.

Moose is already one of the best MWs of all time IMO but theres no denying that winning the UFC belt wouldve silenced his critics and cemented his legacy. Victories in the UFC carry more value in the eyes of media pundits and the rankings show that. Imagine how sweet his resume wouldve looked being the Strikeforce, DREAM, UFC, and Bellator champ.

wtf, man.

what's this thread about, again? is it about whether he's one of the best or about what media pundits think about gegard? ffs, you're not even on the right subject STILL.

Your credibility goes out the window when you say he dominated round 1-2 against Shlemenko. Many had Shlemenko winning the fight.
Learn How to read. I said he dominated ROUND 1 and won round 2.
All this monocular

Back