Is MM avoiding TJ because of the Cruz fight?

I think it just boils down to business and legacy at this point.

DJ wants to get paid for taking such a challenge on and have his bank balance reflect what hes done for the UFC and the sport with his records and title reign..which makes sense hes performed great

there is no real reason to face TJ outside of the fact he was challenged and its a legacy milestone for him.. So why not charge a premium for it..otherwise DJ can just keep defending belts and so can TJ.. It cant be treated as just another fight pay wise other wise its not worth it financially and to some fighters that means more than others..

I dont think DJ is ducking anyone as hes faced everyone who has been put in front of him no questions asked and the guy oozes confidence in his abilities so it doesnt look like its in his character to start ducking now.

Just my opinion

Ignorance must be bliss.
4zTDeVM.gif

DJ wants to get paid for this fight even if he doesn't move the needle.

DJ has zero confidence in his ability to sell tickets.

The UFC has no problem paying him lots of money if he sells, but only if it sells.

Hence, grid lock, no fight.

Is MM hesitant to fight what he may consider a better version of Cruz in TJ? Hmmm
MM has said repeatedly that he wants to fight TJ. They're both just waiting for the UFC to make the right offers. Neither guy is avoiding shit.

Mouse apparently got torn up by the snake in sparring, much like how Jones got torn up by Reem and is consequently ducking legit heavyweights.

He is doing exactly what a champion should do - defend his belt against the #1 contender - defined as the biggest threat with the best recent wins at a particular weight class.

That fight was some time ago, and he has improved a lot since then, maybe more than anyone else has in the amount of time.
The fight was closer than most remember, generally one picture or gif is all people here is what people base that fight off, when you consider how undersized he was for that division it's quite remarkable he did as well as he did.

It seems like Dana is pushing for TJ vs Cody 2 at the moment , so we'll see what happens , if the fight is not made he will fight a contender and defend as a champion should.

I remember being surprised how MM was getting the better of Cruz in all the striking exchanges. Then Cruz decided his size was his biggest weapon and used positional control to take the rounds.

He's avoiding larger fighters for the same reason that most everyone is: Larger fighters are more dangerous when the skill level is somewhat close.
With good reason. Cruz threw him around like a bag of potatoes. TJ would do the same.

He wants to be paid before he whoops TJ's azz.

This, plus he's baiting as many quotes from TJ about making weight that he can. When they finally agree to fight and TJ misses weight, he can endlessly make fun of him and cancel the fight. TJ will be the one who ends up looking bad.

Cruz vs DJ 2 is one of the fights I want to see more than any other. There are only a couple of other fights I feel that strongly about. I really hope it happens.

I really think DJ can win the rematch. Those aren’t the same guys that fought more than 6 years ago.

Right but TJ looked improved against Cody. TJ beats Cruz now imo.
Maybe TJ beats Cruz now, but not the Cruz that beat DJ, before all the injuries. Its still a maybe. We would know if TJ would defend the belt instead of trying to pick a fight with a smaller guy.

Are you guys still with this shit?

It's about money. That's it.

If it was just about money MM wouldn't agree to defend against anyone for less than he's asking against TJ. He would be doing a Nate Diaz right now, sitting on the sidelines, waiting for that payday.

MM ain't avoiding shit. UFC being cheap and shitty as usual, maybe, but the notion that DJ is avoiding anybody is a bullshit fantasy pushed by morons and haters alone.

MM would smash back fat post USADA Cruz.

TJ is different. MM needs to get paid to fight someone he has a risk of losing to.

I honestly don't believe MM is afraid, but just wants the big bucks. Same for TJ "ducking" the top 5 BW. I think it's less about MM being an easy smaller fight, as opposed to bragging rights of taking on the "P4P GOAT".

Back