Is Khabib vs Tony the best LW fight ever?

1. BJ Penn vs Gomi

2. BJ Penn vs Sean Sherk

3. Pettis vs Bendo 2

4. Frankie vs Bendo

5. Khabib vs Ferguson

You're out of your mind, none of those fights come close to khabib vs ferg

We haven't seen a fight like this before at 155 because it's such a stacked division the best fighters are always knocking each other off. For all the talk of how great these two have been, they have a combined 4 wins against the current top 20 of their division. So there are plenty of new match ups for either guy once a champion is crowned.

Lol at putting bj penn on the same level as khabib.

Khabib and tony would have slapped that era around with ease.
Actually Sherk and BJ would be very bad matchups for Khabib.

And Tony wouldn’t pull a miracle sub on those guys either.

Be reasonable. Khabib s never fought a great wrestler and Tony was almost finished by Lando and Lee.

It IS!

C13_VcKXcAAwgfy.jpg:large

It's the most excited I've been for a LW fight since Pettis vs. Bendo 2.

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable that there is a good chance that half the MMA world won't recognize the winner as the #1 LW?

You're out of your mind, none of those fights come close to khabib vs ferg
Sherk was 34-2, coming off wins over Nick Diaz and Kenny Florian (his only losses were to Hughes and GSP at WW)

Be reasonable. Khabib s never fought a great wrestler and Tony was almost finished by Lando and Lee.

Sherk a bad match-up for Khabib? lol

i dont think so really, but it is interesting because both have such long win streaks, you usually dont see that

I could kick your ass. I used to do karate.

But regardless, Sherk would’ve been a tough fight for Khabib. Quick hands and great wrestling.

I would ankle pick you.

Just like Tony would do to Sherk.

Khabib would maul Sherk.... just like I'd do to your crappy point karate.

Fact: When Conor has his next fight announced it will be the #1 thing you talk about related to MMA. You, and everyone.

No, it won't.

Unless it's versus Khabib... in which case the reason I'm talking about is because of Khabib, not McGregor.

Nice try though.

Well it didn't receive as much hype, the actual fight for Edgar vs Maynard 2 was probably one of the greatest ever.

Khabib would beat BJ worse than GSP did. Sherk would be a bottom feeder in today's LW division.

Athletes evolve. This is nature. Same way Fedor would get killed by Francis. Same way Bj would get killed by Khabib. This is simply fact.

Back