Is Jon Jones a better fighter than Alexander Gustafsson?

100% better fighter, better resume, better champion

He's just BETTER

Obviously their first fight was very close, with the majority of unbiased viewers thinking Gus won

So who has the superior skill set and who will be victorious on December the 29th?

Keep in mind that Gus should've gotten the decision against DC

yes..he is a better fighter...considering just the fact that dc beat gus...and jones beat dc 2x..gus has lost before...a few times...while jones has never lost....so jones is the better fighter....

"Unbiased viewers"?

How do you determine if viewers are unbiased?

who did the majority of mma websites think won? that is what should matter...not the opinion of biased fans, who get upset when their fighter loses..or the hate they have for the fighter who won.

Obviously their first fight was very close, with the majority of unbiased viewers thinking Gus won

So who has the superior skill set and who will be victorious on December the 29th?

Keep in mind that Gus should've gotten the decision against DC
How does losing to DC 49-46 mean he should have gotten the decision? Outside the 3rd round he didn't win any others. Not to mention they tracked his movement and he ran like 6 miles inside the octogon during the fight. Running 6 miles in a fight isn't an indicator of being in control of a fight.

I think Gus beat Jones in their fight 48-47 winning round 2, 3 and 4 in my book. I also believe Jones severely underestimated Gus and had a shit camp and was partying hard at the time. I'm expecting Jones to get the TKO and make a statement with the victory.

Skill wise Jones is one of the greatest ever. EVER. That's not debatable. Unprecedented grappling mixed with the most creative striking and best kicks of all time.

Yes, that's why he won and is undefeated while Gus lost and is not.

Gus was on his way to getting brutally KO'd by Jan, then he started panic wrestling

Gus also has a very cool tattoo on his arm LMAO

How does losing to DC 49-46 mean he should have gotten the decision? Outside the 3rd round he didn't win any others. Not to mention they tracked his movement and he ran like 6 miles inside the octogon during the fight. Running 6 miles in a fight isn't an indicator of being in control of a fight.

I think Gus beat Jones in their fight 48-47 winning round 2, 3 and 4 in my book. I also believe Jones severely underestimated Gus and had a shit camp and was partying hard at the time. I'm expecting Jones to get the TKO and make a statement with the victory.

Skill wise Jones is one of the greatest ever. EVER. That's not debatable. Unprecedented grappling mixed with the most creative striking and best kicks of all time.

What a load of bollox.

Is this seriously a question TS? Gus has lost to everyone when he gets to the top of the heap. Jones, DC, Rumble and literally had to SPRINT out of the pocket for the majority of his fight with GLOVER TEXIERA. Sprinting....back turned to get away from TEH DEADLY GLOVER TEXIERA. Did he knock a tooth out of his face eventually? Yes. He did. But boy oh boy can you imagine Jon Jones needing this type of strategy in a fight like that?

Yes, Jon Jones is a better fighter than Gus.

It's very obvious and you are trying to be too clever.

I don't get it. Of course he is better fighter. How is this a thread? Even if Gus manages to beat him, Jones would still be the better fighter capable of winning against more top fighters.

DC won against Gus IMO, Jones was better 5 years ago but will find out soon.

Jon Jones barely trained for Gus and still outpointed him, landing the hardest and most damaging strike of the fight (spinning back elbow round 4).

He is undoubtedly a better fighter and will finish Gus convincingly this time, similar to the DC rematch.
LOL not going to even respond to any jones fans, as your norms and values are misshapen just like his ...

Jones is a way better fighter than Gus and Gus clearly lost the last fight. It was only close because Jones didn't take him seriously. This time it will be a complete domination and Jones will finish him.
Why? Is he on some weird substance again?

How can people support Jones?
You're either as misshapen as he is as a person or you're just a glory hunter who supports all fighters who 'win'

I don't get it. Of course he is better fighter. How is this a thread? Even if Gus manages to beat him, Jones would still be the better fighter capable of winning against more top fighters.
Are you even listening to yourself ..... <45>So even if gus defeats jones, jones will be the better fighter just because you say so .... ? Sherdog is not for everyone i guess

Back