Is Jon Jones a better fighter than Alexander Gustafsson?

Jones may be the best fighter I've ever seen. To say he is better than Gus would be an understatement. He may be better than everyone.

You could just compare their records.

Or look at their last fight. Jones won.

Or wait 3 months for an up to date answer.

Obviously their first fight was very close, with the majority of unbiased viewers thinking Gus won

So who has the superior skill set and who will be victorious on December the 29th?

Keep in mind that Gus should've gotten the decision against DC
Gus is a talented guy but you saw him at his very best and he'll never get back to that again. Jones will make everyone forget the first fight by crushing him inside of 2 rounds.

Maybe if they fought in the streets. In the octagon Jones likely wins again.
Also judging by the numbers Jones won the first fight. Not by mile.

Bro you will find 5000 answers if you go back one or two pages.

Dude cant win a belt vs dude who is the most dominant lhw ever .made dc cry yes

gus will beat jones easily if jones really is clean. but there is a big asterisks near that 'clean'...

gus is the better striker and got a solid chin, im sure rumble landing on jones would ko or tko him too.

Dude cant win a belt vs dude who is the most dominant lhw ever .made dc cry yes
One of these dudes needed Mike Winkeljohn to wipe his ass.
1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

Gus beat the actual shit out of him lmao

Obviously their first fight was very close, with the majority of unbiased viewers thinking Gus won

So who has the superior skill set and who will be victorious on December the 29th?

He should have got the decision ? really? hmmmm.. i haven't heard that before.

Jones to win via brutal knockout in the closing seconds of the 1st, screenshot me bitches.

...with the majority of unbiased viewers thinking Gus won... Keep in mind that Gus should've gotten the decision against DC
You realize these two statements are your opinions and not facts, correct? You should keep that in mind going forward.

To answer your question, it's very hard to say. Jones has been out for awhile and has been dealing with all the emotional stress of being called a cheater, etc (which is deserved). I honestly hope that Gus beats him. I love trilogy fights and Jones needs to be humbled in the octagon with a legitimate loss. That said, it's hard to deny that Jones has the most complete skillset of almost any fighter we've ever seen. He's got range, speed, submissions, creativity, and as we saw with DC, power. With both fighters coming in at 100% I would favor Jones.

It sounds like a cop out but I really do think that Jones didn't really train that much for Gus. Jones is much more well rounded. Has kicks which Gus doesn't utilize and a really intelligent fighter. Assuming Jones wasn't juicing his way to the top and he looks the same this fight should look very different.

I hate Jon Jones and you can check my post history. The guy is a repeat offender fuckup and a cheat

I think he won that fight vs Gus

Back