Social Is Joe Rogan a menace to public health? Megathread

Are the doctors who signed the letter correct?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah and some are called "experts" by Joe and Jaime, yet they're very much outsiders with fringe beliefs. I don't begrudge Joe for feeling it's right to give people a voice - he's absolutely right to do that. I begrudge Joe for allowing that type of information to flow without any sort of challenge or filter. He's been running the show for a long time as just a conversation between two people and that worked but as he's gained steam and tackled heavier topics, it's been a mess of misinformation or at the very least, information that might be right but hasn't been verified. At the heart of this issue is the complete ignorance to science and the scientific process - it's not that Doctors unanimously agree on certain treatments of COVID, for example, it's that the scientifc community doesn't have enough evidence to feel certain treatments are indeed effective. Joe doesn't get any of this and part of his allure about being an average Joe is exactly why he doesn't get it... he's not doing anyone any good by ignoring this - just normalizing ignorance and suspicion of people who have poured their entire lives into science, research and quest for truth.
He doesn’t agree with you and your vagina hurts we get it.

How did he solve it? It was pretty obvious who did it right from the start.

He interviewed the detective assigned to the case, the uncle of the murderer who was in the car that night, and the Piru leader who headed Death Row's security, and a few other people involved.

With snitching not as taboo these days and Orlando Anderson dead, a lot of these people from Compton now in their 50s now are willing to talk openly about it.

true true. I know The Rock and stone cold were big fans back in the day. My mom also utilized them effectively, especially on vacation.

EPu4dbcX4AE6nLP.jpg

Was going to edit my post and add this for lulz, but since I am making another post anyways, this gave me a chuckle

Yarmulke wearing Ben Shapiro is a Nazi?

Yeah and some are called "experts" by Joe and Jaime, yet they're very much outsiders with fringe beliefs. I don't begrudge Joe for feeling it's right to give people a voice - he's absolutely right to do that. I begrudge Joe for allowing that type of information to flow without any sort of challenge or filter. He's been running the show for a long time as just a conversation between two people and that worked but as he's gained steam and tackled heavier topics, it's been a mess of misinformation or at the very least, information that might be right but hasn't been verified. At the heart of this issue is the complete ignorance to science and the scientific process - it's not that Doctors unanimously agree on certain treatments of COVID, for example, it's that the scientifc community doesn't have enough evidence to feel certain treatments are indeed effective. Joe doesn't get any of this and part of his allure about being an average Joe is exactly why he doesn't get it... he's not doing anyone any good by ignoring this - just normalizing ignorance and suspicion of people who have poured their entire lives into science, research and quest for truth.

<Dany07>

Biggest waste of money, I don't get Joe Rogan love.

I mean, just odd. He's not funny by any means as a comedian. He doesn't know what he's commentating a lot of times. Nothing too special about his show hosting ability.

Not trying to kick a guy while he's down or anything, just in general I guess before all that, I don't judge or anything based on put together clips without contexts, but yeah

that is probably one of the biggest money wasted that I'm aware of.

The only worse contract that comes to mind is Chris Davis's contract, mlb player at 161 milllion for 7 years. I'm sure there are more though, so it's probably NOT the biggest waste of money in all due fairness to Joe.
WTF? Regardless of whether or not you or I like Joe's show it's asinine to call his contract a waste of money because Spotify is making tons of money off of it. Davis is NOT making the Orioles tons of money unless it's thru merch sales which I doubt. Big difference.

If not posted earlier, saw a report saying that the Biden administration has been paying several news outlets to promote the COVID vaccines. Anyone with a negative warning on official COVID treatments is to not be interviewed. The report ~

How the federal government bought pro-Covid vax propaganda (and silenced critical voices)

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo..._propaganda_and_silenced_critical_voices.html

excerpt:

Voices urging caution over the experimental mRNA shots that were relentlessly promoted throughout the media (and by the medical establishment) were confined to independent media like American Thinker until quite recently, when the evidence of adverse effects and lack of efficacy became almost impossible to ignore. How did such media uniformity, encompassing all ideological stripes from Fox News and Newsmax to MSNBC and the Washington Post, come about?

236405_5_.jpg

According to reports by Chris Pandolfo in The Blaze and Emerald Robinson in Substack, taxpayers financed an unprecedented advertising campaign in virtually every major national media outlet that resulted in uniformly positive coverage of the vaccines rushed to market to combat COVID. Not just the ads themselves, but the news coverage offered by these outlets positively covered the jabs, and suppressed questions about them from skeptics.

If these charges are true, they amount to an abdication of independent journalism and membership in a propaganda machine on the part of outlets that claim advertising does not affect their editorial stances.

Pandolfo writes:

In response to a FOIA request filed by TheBlaze, HHS revealed that it purchased advertising from major news networks including ABC, CBS, and NBC, as well as cable TV news stations Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC, legacy media publications including the New York Post, the Los Angeles Times, and the Washington Post, digital media companies like BuzzFeed News and Newsmax, and hundreds of local newspapers and TV stations. These outlets were collectively responsible for publishing countless articles and video segments regarding the vaccine that were nearly uniformly positive about the vaccine in terms of both its efficacy and safety.

Hundreds of news organizations were paid by the federal government to advertise for the vaccines as part of a "comprehensive media campaign," according to documents TheBlaze obtained from the Department of Health and Human Services. The Biden administration purchased ads on TV, radio, in print, and on social media to build vaccine confidence, timing this effort with the increasing availability of the vaccines. The government also relied on earned media featuring "influencers" from "communities hit hard by COVID-19" and "experts" like White House chief medical adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci and other academics to be interviewed and promote vaccination in the news. (snip)

Congress appropriated $1 billion in fiscal year 2021 for the secretary of health to spend on activities to "strengthen vaccine confidence in the United States." Federal law authorizes HHS to act through the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other agencies to award contracts to public and private entities to "carry out a national, evidence-based campaign to increase awareness and knowledge of the safety and effectiveness of vaccines for the prevention and control of diseases, combat misinformation about vaccines, and disseminate scientific and evidence-based vaccine-related information, with the goal of increasing rates of vaccination across all ages ... to reduce and eliminate vaccine-preventable diseases."

The money didn’t just create ads:

The COVID-19 Public Education Campaign by HHS also used earned media outreach — word of mouth marketing — with the goal of having "trusted messengers and influencers" speak to news organizations to "provide factual, timely information and steps people can take to protect themselves, their families, and their communities."

As a result of that effort, various government officials have frequently been quoted by reporters covering the COVID-19 pandemic, offering factual information on vaccine efficacy and safety.

Even more disturbing is what Robinson reports from anonymous sources at Newsmax, from which she was let got a few months ago.....

true true. I know The Rock and stone cold were big fans back in the day. My mom also utilized them effectively, especially on vacation.

EPu4dbcX4AE6nLP.jpg

Was going to edit my post and add this for lulz, but since I am making another post anyways, this gave me a chuckle

At least Stone Cold has a IDGAF what you think attitude. The Rock looks like he's trying to make the fanny pack sexy.

Neil young announces he’s a little bitch today

Lol…

When you need someone more than they need you

Anyone who listens to Joe Rogan for medical advice is just doing the world a favour by eliminating themselves from the gene pool
Nobody listens to Joe Rogan for medical advice. You're so twisted in your leftist zealotry, that you think he's actually giving medical advice, and not just commenting on his personal experiences, while offering his opinion, like anyone else.

So, what do you think of Neil Young all of a sudden going back to Spotify, despite his prior belief that they were complicit in killing thousands of people through their spirit animal? I'm sure you must think it's evil and dangerous, right? I mean, he's now sharing a platform with that death dealer Joe Rogan.

Nobody listens to Joe Rogan for medical advice. You're so twisted in your leftist zealotry, that you think he's actually giving medical advice, and not just commenting on his personal experiences, while offering his opinion, like anyone else.

So, what do you think of Neil Young all of a sudden going back to Spotify, despite his prior belief that they were complicit in killing thousands of people through their spirit animal? I'm sure you must think it's evil and dangerous, right? I mean, he's now sharing a platform with that death dealer Joe Rogan.

The guy you quoted sounds like he needs a pacifier and a safe space {<jordan}

He's brought a lot of folks into the anti Vax realm when he platforms these idiots.

It's a shame because he could have good faith discussions on his podcast.

Back