Is it too early to say Rico Verhoeven is the GOAT HW Kickboxer

Pretty clearly Schilt imo if you dont discount him for being bigger than everyone.

Aerts for me,no one staid on the top for so many time like him,the second is Hoost and then Schilt,schilt was the most dominant

So Aerts, Hoost and Semmy are the Top 3

then guys like Mirko, Remy, Andy Hug are second tier

would that be a fair assessment

So Aerts, Hoost and Semmy are the Top 3

then guys like Mirko, Remy, Andy Hug are second tier

would that be a fair assessment
No just Aerts and Hoost are just better everyone else with guys like Schilt and Remy being right under them. I'm not trying take anything away from Semmy but he came in when the top guys started to slow down. Where Remy was fighting and winning in an era when it was still a competitive division where the upper tier fighters could still win on any given night. Where when Semmy did make a complete crossover Remy was the top guy and depending on the night Aerts and JLB might showup. It's just my opinion but I do think if Aerts would've stayed with Thom Harinck there would never be the who is the GOAT HW Kickboxer question just who is the next best after Aerts.

what kind of question is this? who the fuck has he beaten to even be in the top 5 let alone number 1. in my view he still hasn't even passed overeem who only fought for 2 years. beating ghita and looking terrible against a retiring aerts can't rank you very high

Verhoeven now would have a good chance against prime semmy. Even in glory Tokyo verhoeven showed to be semmy's biggest challange.

Rico is no goat but thats not bc of him but bc the lack of competition.

I will say, skill wise Rico is definitely a top guy when looking at all time. What kills his legacy is an extreme lack of depth in the division during his reign.

Verhoeven now would have a good chance against prime semmy. Even in glory Tokyo verhoeven showed to be semmy's biggest challange.

I mean relatively yeah, but Schilt still handled him without much trouble, and that ended up being his retirement fight while Verhoeven was just entering his top form. Prime vs. prime, I would be on Schilt to take it 10 out of ever 10 times.

I mean relatively yeah, but Schilt still handled him without much trouble, and that ended up being his retirement fight while Verhoeven was just entering his top form. Prime vs. prime, I would be on Schilt to take it 10 out of ever 10 times.

Not sure verhoeven improved and showed he can bring pressure. Something Schilt wad not that good with. I would say 40/60 for schilt.

Aerts, you fools. Carve that into stone...

same here; Aerts then Hoost. For me Schilt has a qualifier against his name because as technically tight as he was, there was no way on earth he achieved 50% of what he did without that size advantage, and for me GOAT does not include size advantage

Hoost, Aerts, and Schilt all sharing that first place spot on the podium of the GOAT HW kickboxer for different reasons.
Verhoven still has a long way to go to even reach that place, and it's not so much because of his lack of abilities but rather because of the poor competition of nowadays in the HW division compared to the K-1 days.

Who was the most talented of the Big 3 (Aerts, Hoost, Schilt)? all in their prime

Who was the most talented of the Big 3 (Aerts, Hoost, Schilt)? all in their prime
In terms of talent in their prime, Schilt should probably be out of that discussion because he enjoyed the advantage of his physical gifts. Between Aerts and Hoost I would go will Aerts via not being KO'd by Bob Sapp lol

for me Hoost was a little bit more talented than Aerts in his prime,but Aerts had a longer durability on the top of the game,that is why i consider him the GOAT HW

For me, it's Aerts. What many people forget is that especially Aerts and Hoost fought for an incredibly long time and were both very competitive until the very end of their careers. When you look at Aerts' prime and the fact he is the only fighter to have faced Schilt multiple times and have a winning record against him, I'd go with him.

Also, if we're talking most talented, I'd say Hari and Ignashov were more talented than Schilt, but had and have their own demons. I think Bonjasky was more talented than Schilt as well.

Back