Is it just me or did DC absolutely roast Jones

I don't think DC won anything. A lot of his exchanged were hard to watch. He just seethes this irrational hatred for Jones that it's hard to watch. I honestly think it might be deep rooted jealousy of Jones. It feels like it.

That being said, Jones at this point is a known piece of shit and I'm glad the audience wasn't blindly cheering him on this time. DC is clearly the better person...

He doesn't understand that people want to see fighters who are exceptional, not just grinders, more than they care about them being a role model.
They don't care if he's sandblasting prostitutes or smashing into pregnant people, if he can put on a performance like Jones did against Gus and Shogun.
Thing is, Cormier hasn't put on a statement performance like that for a while, and has had the misfortune of facing fan-favorites in Silva, Gus, and Rumble x 2.
Combined with the goody two shoes image, it's really not rocket surgery to see why people do not like him all that much. He's boring and condescending.

If he came out absolutely starched Jones, and flat out said "Maybe you should go back to doing something you're good at, like snorting coke and taking steroids" people would absolutely eat that shit up. But he'll probably try to take the safest route to victory, and even if he wins, he'll probably just dedicate it to his family, while people boo.

Admire his integrity, but still, he should know why he's not liked by now.

I don't think either of these guys are good at the art of shit talk.
Conor bless.
Chael bless.

how does admitting to have used a PED before a fight makes for good trashtalking to you ?

Coke is a PED now for training? I guess if marijuana is, may as well lump coke, MDMA, heroin and everything else Schedule I in there as PEDs.

Jones was showing how lightly he took DC by using recreational drugs the weekend before his title defense against him...

You've obviously never done coke all weekend.

The week before a championship fight on top of that lol...

Or maybe he (the guy you quoted, not JBJ) just did bumps and not rails, so he never had lingering effects.

There is basically nothing that is relevant against the fact that when they went man-to-man in the cage, Jones handled DC relatively easily.

DC in lots of people's eyes won the first 2 before he gassed. Are we just going to act like Jones wasn't on PEDS and didn't have an advantage. There is nothing you can say, jones had to cheat to beat DC
Still 4-1 no matter how "competitive" it was. Jones made a point to hold DC against the cage like he does to everyone else. And you can keep saying he only won because he cheated to try and cope. Hes gonna beat DC even easier time.

Coke is a PED now for training? I guess if marijuana is, may as well lump coke, MDMA, heroin and everything else Schedule I in there as PEDs.

Jones was showing how lightly he took DC by using recreational drugs the weekend before his title defense against him...

The week before a championship fight on top of that lol...

Or maybe he (the guy you quoted, not JBJ) just did bumps and not rails, so he never had lingering effects.

Altought it is not mostly used that way and there are more efficient PEDs around, coke is definitely a PED and there is a documented history of such use, in cycling for exemple (which is quite a reference for PEDs :D), football and rugby. Do some research man.
Marijuana, since you mention it and compare both, is forbidden but has not really been used in such a way in history.
Bottom line, coke is a legit PED, contrarely to marijuana

I'm probably one of the biggest DC fans on here, but his shit talking game is just BAD. I did however get a little bit of the same vibes. It really seemed like the crowd was a split, or maybe even a 60/40 in favor of DC.

Jones seemed lost at times in the verbal exchanges. If things like "you're a druggie" are getting to you....you don't really seem like the mental behemoth you pretend to be.

Still 4-1 no matter how "competitive" it was. Jones made a point to hold DC against the cage like he does to everyone else. And you can keep saying he only won because he cheated to try and cope. Hes gonna beat DC even easier time.

I see this argument from time to time. You're right, Jones usually makes a point of beating fighters at their strength, but after watching DC handle Gus, I'm not so sure there is any other way for Jones to fight him. If he attempts to get into an all striking battle with DC, Jones leaves himself open to DC's cleaner boxing. I don't see Jones taking these types of risks, and his coaches allowing it, much less.

Last edited:
He alpha'd DC.

DC was resorting to weak, out of character trash talk, saying stuff like "bitch n***a" and mocking a guy's addictions and Jones realized he looked foolish and just didn't even drop to that level.

LOL at DC roasting jones... NO. Jones is so far in his head he has DC trying to fight his barber...

With that said though this is one of the few fights im actually looking forward too

He doesn't understand that people want to see fighters who are exceptional, not just grinders, more than they care about them being a role model.
They don't care if he's sandblasting prostitutes or smashing into pregnant people, if he can put on a performance like Jones did against Gus and Shogun.
Thing is, Cormier hasn't put on a statement performance like that for a while, and has had the misfortune of facing fan-favorites in Silva, Gus, and Rumble x 2.
Combined with the goody two shoes image, it's really not rocket surgery to see why people do not like him all that much. He's boring and condescending.

If he came out absolutely starched Jones, and flat out said "Maybe you should go back to doing something you're good at, like snorting coke and taking steroids" people would absolutely eat that shit up. But he'll probably try to take the safest route to victory, and even if he wins, he'll probably just dedicate it to his family, while people boo.

Admire his integrity, but still, he should know why he's not liked by now.

Lol well damn. That's the absolute truth.

DC simply feels helpless still, as helpless as when Jones dominated him.

Sucks for DC. but unless he gets over it, he'll be bitter for life because he C A N T beat Jon Jones in a cage fight.

Maybe Pedro Rizzos therapist is still around...

DC looked like he was about to cry when Jones was saying that he's not the real champion.

He came off pathetic, like an angry child. Jones was calm and doing that troll face again.

I mean DC hits lower than the belt. Calling a guy a junkie in this day and age really isn't all that cool.

Their banter for whatever reason always gets me excited though. Something about DC's corniness cracks me up.
fuck that
jones,hes said enough shit ,dc shouldnt hold back in giving him a taste of his own medicine. Besides,everyone already knows.

I felt like DC won the battle of words at the presser. I don't get why so many people are calling Jones for that win.

To be honest... both were mediocre at best... but I give the nod to DC.

Altought it is not mostly used that way and there are more efficient PEDs around, coke is definitely a PED and there is a documented history of such use, in cycling for exemple (which is quite a reference for PEDs :D), football and rugby. Do some research man.
Marijuana, since you mention it and compare both, is forbidden but has not really been used in such a way in history.
Bottom line, coke is a legit PED, contrarely to marijuana

You're probably right. Anecdotally, I've only seen it used for recreational purposes (unless you count coked up guys doing sales as using it professionally).

What does "sandblasting prostitutes" mean? (I assume DC didn't meant the urban dictionary "joke" definition.)

BTW, JJ totally did. You don't use condoms with your wife.

Back