Is it impossible to be a Liberal and Christian?

The Church is removed? The shit are you even talking about? There are like 34,000 denominations of your religion alone, and you're talking about some unified conception. lol.

I'm still awaiting for you to actually address the fact that your would be messiah said he would come back within the lifetimes of the people he knew, and how you can reconcile this with the "He's comin today, I know it, I see the signs" even though the guy said you wont know when he's coming.

You seem to be getting angry, which is something I noticed from adults when I was 12, and they couldn't answer any simple, honest questions about biblical errors.

Your belief in jewelry and mansions in another dimension is childish, and is obvious wish thinking along the realm of "mum, what if there were a million million dragons? Wouldn't that be magnificent?"

The Church I mean the litteral Church building will rise to the heavens along with the believers inside them.

Some fringe Christianity based sect believe that. They are mocked and gets called spaceship Christians.

I consider myself a liberal and a catholic. You shouldn't let others convince you that your religious beliefs should reflect your political preferences and vice versa.

Most catholics vote democrat which makes sense because it's the dumbest christian sect

I do not understand where this over-sentimental humanist view of Jesus comes from. If people actually read the Gospels they would clearly see that Jesus taught about authority, obedience, discipline, sacrifice and restraint. Certainly, he talked about love and forgiveness, but not in the cheesy Hallmark card manner that is so popular today. The #LoveWins nonsense that is trendy in current times has nothing to do with Jesus. The SJW movement is the result of empty liberal humanism not Christianity.

G.K. Chesterton sums up Christianity well:

the-christian-ideal-has-not-been-tried-and-found-wanting-it-has-been-found-difficult-and-left-untried-gilbert-k-chesterton.jpg

What was jesus like to you then?

The Church I mean the litteral Church building will rise to the heavens along with the believers inside them.

Some fringe Christianity based sect believe that. They are mocked and gets called spaceship Christians.
I don't know about that above bs.

It's the removal of the believers. And it's not some levitational bullshit or buildings being removed . It's the immediate removal at the twinkling of an eye.

One moment you'll see someone standing next to you and the next moment they will be gone.

I don't know about that above bs.

It's the removal of the believers. And it's not some levitational bullshit or buildings being removed . It's the immediate removal at the twinkling of an eye.

One moment you'll see someone standing next to you and the next moment they will be gone.

That's what I learned from my Religion class back in the day its supposed to be instant not some flying building.

So Apostle Paul was a liar then?

This is why rightly dividing your bible is so important folks. You get this poster who I'm replying too that doesn't even know the proper context of what he is quoting from the bible.

You, me and everyone else since the mid point of ACTs has been in the Dispensation of Grace. If you are going to quote, John who was still part of the Works Dispensation at that time, then you better keep EVERY single commandment. I suggest you start best learn all the laws found in Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy and KEEP EVERY single one if that's how you feel. Or you can realize that your works mean nothing and that you are saved by Grace in Faith through the Blood Atonement of Christ Jesus. That he suffered, died, was buried, and rose again. It is ONLY by FAITH ALONE in Christ Jesus, that you are saved, least any man boast of his own works. By claiming works you make Christ a LIAR and you disrespect and trample under foot His sacrifice He did for you.

Reread your bible, specifically the Pauline line of scripture in the New Testament. You're responsibility is Romans to Philemon. Those 13 books are what present day Christians are to subscribe to. Not until Tribulation does anything change. Hence why my signature has the new gospel unto salvation in it for those that will be left behind. It becomes the dispensation of the Kingdom. Meaning works and faith.

I personally don't believe there ever was a "works dispensation". Before Jesus how were people saved? By faith.

Romans 4:3:

What does Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."

...before Jesus people looked forward to the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ...we are now in the era where we look back on the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for salvation. That's my opinion anyhow.

I know a few liberal Christians. The one's I'm thinking about are highly educated (PHDs in the sciences), they accept evolution and climate change. I'm agnostic myself and I don't understand how they manage to compartmentalize their beliefs, but whatever works for them. They aren't preachy and I don't have a problem with it.

If you live a good life, regardless of political leaning, and God won't let you into Heaven, that's on Him.

Every single religion HAS to pick and choose the scriptures and teachings of their holy books and figures to fit in with their worldview. It's been that way for literally thousands of years.

So yes, the Bible and Christianity can be picked and chosen to support liberal, even radical, ideas the same way they can be picked and chosen to support the most retrograde and reactionary politics.

there's a really shitty fighting game out now where you can play as jesus

just a bunch of gods from different religions doing battle

jesus tears himself off the cross and beats the shit out of people wearing broken wood on his forearms

you can suplex moses

you maybe shouldn't buy the game and give the devs your money but it's at least worth looking up on youtube

If you live a good life, regardless of political leaning, and God won't let you into Heaven, that's on Him.
How about the inverse, someone is an immoral shit their entire lives and repents when they are 80 ....apparently their good to go lol

I don't know if that priest promoting sexual immorality has salvation or not, but I'm afraid his belt of salvation is dangling loosely if it's even there at all.

And as you said, liberalism seems to be his religion. Not Jesus Christ.

He's being a kind human being like the mythical Jesus you worship. No judgement or promotion just compassion something you know nothing about.

He's being a kind human being like the mythical Jesus you worship. No judgement or promotion just compassion something you know nothing about.
No that guy is promoting homosexuality with his pride banner.

there's a really shitty fighting game out now where you can play as jesus

just a bunch of gods from different religions doing battle

jesus tears himself off the cross and beats the shit out of people wearing broken wood on his forearms

you can suplex moses

you maybe shouldn't buy the game and give the devs your money but it's at least worth looking up on youtube

Faith Fighter?

That's what I learned from my Religion class back in the day its supposed to be instant not some flying building.
Do you recall which one? I know for a fact this is not Catholic Doctrine. Pre-tribulation Rapture is actually considered a heresy. (Go figure) :rolleyes:

Back