Is it Dana Whites time to go?

He's a mouthpiece and quality control. The new owners have clamped down on him it seems. Old Dana would have thrown CM under the bus with both hands.

Him and Rogan need to go. Neither of them GAF anymore

Honestly I think he is just the public face and don't really have as much decision power as he pretend, so if he is gonna keep giving us classic interviews then let him be, the team fucking up the UFC is not leaving with Dana anyway.

Dana is scamming wme

Lol TS keep hoping, Dana ain't going anywhere anytime soon, he pretty much still love this, it's his live

He didn't lose his passion for MMA, its just that all the true warrior fighters have left the building, or are on their way out. Now we are stuck with "money fight" fighters and wanna be A-Level athletes that want to point fight there way to a W.

I don't blame Dana one bit for shitting on the current fighters.

Honestly I think he is just the public face and don't really have as much decision power as he pretend, so if he is gonna keep giving us classic interviews then let him be, the team fucking up the UFC is not leaving with Dana anyway.

Its weird because he seems to have more say in the day to day, but less in the big decisions.
In the Lorenzo-era they discussed everything, now WME manages UFC & has to answer to the investors & none of them are MMA people. They just care about profits.
Outside of big main events, I doubt most of the real owners know who is even on most cards, where Lorenzo would.

The company is like a Mom & Pop store that was sold to a huge chain store.
The hands on personality is stripped & the staff is now part of a corporate money making machine

I love Dana White.

I like that he’s a dick when needed.

I like his passion.

I saw him in Vegas and took a picture with him at a In n Out Burger.

(Dana if you’re reading this I still love you.)

But I think hes lost his passion.

Am I wrong? Either the way guys a fuckin legend for building the UFC.

you are right, he should just enjoy his family

I love Dana White.

I like that he’s a dick when needed..

He's a dick when not needed too, and not just to fighters.

His mom wrote a book about him and described him as the devil.

But he's UFC's clown and he's here to stay.

Built a failing $2 million company into a $4 billion empire...

Look I dunno why you guys think
I’m hating on Dana.

He was literally almost perfect for the job a mans man with a touch of drama every now and then.

But I’m just questioning if his passion is gone

Dana's passion was always about Dana.
Decent promoter though.
Except when he badmouths huge payday guys like GSP...Couture...or anybody who wants to get paid.
Maybe somebody else would like to have snow on their driveway.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwigpNTY0t7bAhUFWK0KHXeiA3gQFggnMAA&url=https://www.foxsports.com/ufc/haymaker/story/dana-white-imports-snow-to-his-las-vegas-home-122413&usg=AOvVaw3eLWfM8emEO0TeTUaYidAL
Maybe his "good friends" wouldn't be driving into trains (Hughes)...or trying to set up fights (Liddell) way past their prime.

Its weird because he seems to have more say in the day to day, but less in the big decisions.
In the Lorenzo-era they discussed everything, now WME manages UFC & has to answer to the investors & none of them are MMA people. They just care about profits.
Outside of big main events, I doubt most of the real owners know who is even on most cards, where Lorenzo would.

The company is like a Mom & Pop store that was sold to a huge chain store.
The hands on personality is stripped & the staff is now part of a corporate money making machine
I know this is not exactly on topic, but your post got my gears going. Everyone seems to think PPV model is dying, and maybe that is true, but i see PPV's as cannon fodder. Its like dollar movie theaters, they make their money on the popcirn and soft drinks. Now i know UFC most likely doersnt make anything off concessions, but they are making money somewhere besides ppv buys. Think of all the sponsors and media. I bet they make enough elsewhere, that they could average 50K ppv buys and still turn a profit.

Dana sucks ass but I’ll probably complain when he’s gone. Lose-lose situation for me.

I feel the same. He's both good and bad for the sport. He helped grow the sport to the place it is, so kudos for that. On the other hand he's a bit of an egotistical muppet that doesn't seem to give a shit about anyone, or anything, other than Dana White.

Think of the commissioners of any other major sporting league in the world, and how they act. Like professionals. They're literally the face of the sport as presented to the world. You'd never see Gary Bettman, or Adam Silver, or Rob manfred acting, or talking, the way Dana does. Dana acts like a spoiled kid with a potty mouth.

He wants to grow the sport to be 'bigger than soccer', but treats it like his own personal play thing, and is completely unprofessional. IMO, he's a major reason why the sport hasn't grown beyond fringe (circus show) curiosity.

He's a much worse promoter now that he doesn't give a fuck

He's actively harmed the drawing power of several champions and top fighters in the last couple years

He was always a loose cannon but it used to be kinda funny now he's just not good at his job anymore

Look I dunno why you guys think
I’m hating on Dana.

He was literally almost perfect for the job a mans man with a touch of drama every now and then.

But I’m just questioning if his passion is gone
I feel the same. He's both good and bad for the sport. He helped grow the sport to the place it is, so kudos for that. On the other hand he's a bit of an egotistical muppet that doesn't seem to give a shit about anyone, or anything, other than Dana White.

Think of the commissioners of any other major sporting league in the world, and how they act. Like professionals. They're literally the face of the sport as presented to the world. You'd never see Gary Bettman, or Adam Silver, or Rob manfred acting, or talking, the way Dana does. Dana acts like a spoiled kid with a potty mouth.

He wants to grow the sport to be 'bigger than soccer', but treats it like his own personal play thing, and is completely unprofessional. IMO, he's a major reason why the sport hasn't grown beyond fringe (circus show) curiosity.

You made some interesting points, but you have to take into consideration hes had to try to grow a sport.

Other Presidents inherited stable sports which is 100% easier than creating the UFC brand which is now a household name from nothing.

Creating things is hard and sometimes if you succeed it’s still critiqued. Yeah UFC might be a circus now but at least it’s a Known circus.

Back