Is Hendo the most undeserved and worst performing fighter to ever get title shot?

perks of just knocking foos out

The guy has only 4 wins in the last 4 years. He is near the bottom of the rankings but yet is being gifted a title shot. Does it get much worse than that?

No matter how you slice it is I the worst title shot being silver spooned to any fighter ever in the history of the UFC and in any weight division.

He's a living legend..Fuck his last few fights..lol

I disagree. I consider this a legacy fight. Let it happen and stop fucking hating.

Relax Mr Coconut. I wasn't hating, and I certainly wasn't "fucking hating". I understand why Hendo was given the fight and I'll watch it. But he doesn't currently deserve a title shot. That seems inarguable.

no one liked my pic? Come on!

7-0, tore through the FW division with ease. That's undeserved?

Yeah even if you aren't a big fan of the guy(like me) he absolutely earned his shot at FW. He already had a decent case after beating Silver and cemented it by beating Mendes who was one of the top contenders at the time.

Yeah even if you aren't a big fan of the guy(like me) he absolutely earned his shot at FW. He already had a decent case after beating Silver and cemented it by beating Mendes who was one of the top contenders at the time.
100%. Even if you hate him he was on a terror.

Bottom line Hendo is at the end of his career and while he did beat Lombard that doesn't mean he hasn't become extremely one dimensional and limited with age. All the legitimate contenders he has fought within the last few years have beaten him and there are several options that are clearly more legitimate threats and also far more deserving of a title shot.

Sure maybe there were a few instances that were even worse but that doesn't justify giving Hendo a shot and most of the other title shots had extenuating circumstances.

I think Hendo Bisping 2 is a GREAT IDEA and no I dont think he's undeserving nor a bad performer.. he just Flatlined Lombard and is a monster and he has a win over Bisping

I do understand why Hendo wants this fight...but Bisping?...What does it proof to the world if he beats/tkoes/kos/submits a 45 year old man?

I don't know if it's most undeserved but I don't really care. Its the fight I want to see.

Dude Jacare totally deserves it, didn't you see how he beat VITOR and Chris Camozzi ? Legendary stuff

Lots of fighters have gotten title shots coming off of losses without having wins over the current champ.
So no, this thread sucks.

people are just standing behind this because they like hendo, or are bisping fans and know he ain't defending his title shot successfully. if it was some brazilian guy no one likes the butthurt would be immense.

So if the fans like the fight what's the problem? That should be all that matters.

The guy has only 4 wins in the last 4 years. He is near the bottom of the rankings but yet is being gifted a title shot. Does it get much worse than that?

No matter how you slice it is I the worst title shot being silver spooned to any fighter ever in the history of the UFC and in any weight division.

Dan Henderson is one billion times the fighter Bethe Correia is or ever was or ever could be.

Dan Henderson is coming off a KO win, Alexander Gustafsson was coming off a KO loss.

Thus, the answer to your thread is No. There have been worse title shots than a proven legend coming off a KO victory.

I think the context of the situation outweighs the fact that it's not deserved. Makes for a great story win or lose, and is the ideal way for Hendo to finish his career.

Whether he gets the shot or not, I wouldn't complain.

Back