Is GSP really the favorite against Bisping?

The betting odds are pretty close with GSP the favourite but not by much and with a GSP points win being the favourite result followed by a Bisping points win and then a stoppage by either of them, then a GSP sub, a long odds Bisping sub and a draw.

I'm checking UK sites though so it may be GSP is a bigger favourite in the US.

I'd expect GSP to be able to take Bisping down and keep him down regularly so I'd be surprised if he doesn't win.

Betting on Bisping is a VERY smart bet considering the odds.

GSP will be worst than in his last fight and he was already past his prime 4 years ago. Add the fact that he has never fought at that weight and he should be considered an underdog without question.

It pains me to say it, but GSP is completely delusional if he thinks he can come back after 4 years of inactivity and be the same. No one has ever become better after having been retired for that long. Why would GSP be the exception?

The people saying GSP will win act as if he'll just fight like he never left, when it's highly unlikely.

Last edited:
GSP is the favorite if you are a GSP fan. I guarantee Vegas isn't as stupid after they lost their ass in the Rockhold fight.

Online book Bovada opened the odds just hours after the original announcement with GSP as a slight -130 fave and Bisping coming back at EVEN money. Since then, the fight has been postponed, then potentially scrapped, then rescheduled for UFC 217. Through all the madness, odds were taken down but re-released on August 1, with GSP at -150 and Bisping at +120.

Bisping's gonna tune him up worse than Hendricks did, most likely.

Kids new to MMA:

GSP was training with and overpowering LHWs when he was a WW.

P.S. Bisping still can't wrestle.

GSP is the favorite if you are a GSP fan. I guarantee Vegas isn't as stupid after they lost their ass in the Rockhold fight.
I wouldn't be so sure Vegas lost their asses in that fight. I seriously doubt there were that many takers on Bisping that night.

Bisping is going to kick the shit out of GSP I think

He should've taken a tune up fight first

We haven't seen GSP in 4 years, he's gonna be rusty as hell

Oh well tho, this card is gonn be on my b-day so I'm buying it

I'm kinda rooting for Bisping cause I'm sick of all these fools calling GSP out for money fights.. It will be one and done on the 4th me thinks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea it's hard to imagine him being a monster like he was in his prime, especially with those USADA cunts ruining the sport.

Some might say that cheaters are ruining the sport but IDK, you might just be a cheat IRL.

Bisping is going to win.

You better trust me, I'm Canadian. My cousins step dads coworker knows GSPs friends and apparently he's hiding some injuries.
Oh shit. What else does your cousins step dads coworker knows??

Yeah man, make no mistake GSP is a better fighter than Bisping. But...he's a welterweight up against a middleweight, he's been away for 4 years as you say, whilst Bisping has been active. Also I think stylistically it's quite a poor match up, I imagine Georges will have a hard time wrestling Bisping, whilst Bisping will fight his usual fight, a cardio based kick-boxing bout to a decision victory.

GSP isn't a heavy hitter, I don't see him finishing Bisping at all. This is Bispings bread and butter, going the distance and winning a decision by being active as fuck. He'll out land GSP, use his size to his advantage, he'll likely do no significant damage to GSP, but he'll win a decision no problems.
Mike has only had like 5-6 fights since gsp has been gone, gsp is now fresh while mike has taken numerous punches to the head. I believe mike is gonna focus to much on defending the team that gsp will light him up on the feet

Wait , is gsp actually coming back and fighting, or is this just for fun?

Bisping barely got by one of the most motivated Hendo we have ever seen. If there was any fight Hendo wanted it was this one.

Here's a little tidbit to chew on: Roughly 15 months ago, a 37 year old Bisping walked off a Hollywood set and KTFO'd prime Luke Rockhold. Now all that stands in his way is a shopworn GSP.

I don't know man, wouldn't anyone be extremely motivated considering the MW title was on the line? Hell, wouldn't anyone be motivated to just go in there and not get KTFO? This is cage fighting we're talking about. Motivated or not, Dan Henderson was no title contender. He probably wasn't even a top 10 fighter. So I think you're overestimating Bisping a bit here and underestimating GSP's ability to lay on Bisping for 5 rounds. It's a close match up on paper.

This is not a gimme fight for GSP by any means. It will be close. Good opportunity to make money for Bisping fans.

Back