Is GSP in breach of contract?

It probably said if he wants to keep the belt he has to defend it against the guy the UFC chooses next. So Whittaker.

They cannot force him to fight.

And I doubt they would want to burn bridges so he never fights again at all.

So Dana will bitch a little bit and talk some BS and then when GSP is ready he will get the fight that he wants. If he does want to continue.

How could you force someone to fight? The only thing the UFC can do from a standpoint of law is they can prevent a fighter from fighting in another org until they have fulfilled their UFC contract.
I’m agreeing, seems like George had it all planned out lol.

You can't force someone to fight.

I doubt GSP would sign a contract like that, he never had any intention of fighting anyone other than bisping or maybe mcgregor

I’m agreeing, seems like George had it all planned out lol.

He may not fight again, which he may have known all along, or he might fight another fight but one thing is for sure, he will be able to pick whatever fight he wants at this point.

Do people honestly believe Dana?

What scenario do most people find likely here?:
That GSP had this all planned out as some sort of elaborate stunt to get the MW belt and run away?

Or.......

Dana has been lying the whole time?

Now honestly, which seems more likely?

So if GSP just said he was taking a year off because some chick (who he isnt married to) was pregnant and never gave up the belt it would all be ok to some Sherdoggers, but because he refused to hold the belt hostage he's in breach of contract?

When Cain held the belt for years while injured that was also ok, but somehow doing the right thing for the rest of the division is voiding a contract?

So if GSP just said he was taking a year off because some chick (who he isnt married to) was pregnant and never gave up the belt it would all be ok to some Sherdoggers, but because he refused to hold the belt hostage he's in breach of contract?

When Cain held the belt for years while injured that was also ok, but somehow doing the right thing for the rest of the division is voiding a contract?

Sometimes people are a little hard on GSP, including Dana, but its hard to fuck with Georges, he's almost bullet proof at this point. The guy knows how to win and sells a lot of PPV.

Money

Whatever your questions are, that is the answer.

I doubt Dana wants to work with him at this point anyhow.
Of course they want to work with him
No bigger draw than Gsp except Conor who is maybe retired
Dana doesn’t like Gsp but money talk

According to this video clip:

Dana White says GSP had a contract to defend the title against Robert Whittaker if he beat Bisping. (At 1:05 of the video.)

Well GSP vacated the title...

So is GSP in breach of his contract?

Does he have to pay a fine or something for not fighting Whittaker?

Just because there is a contract doesn't mean it's valid. You can't make the guy fight. That would be called slavery and it's illegal.

Of course they want to work with him
No bigger draw than Gsp except Conor who is maybe retired
Dana doesn’t like Gsp but money talk

Yea I'm pretty sure GSP can get almost any fight he wants at this point. GSP vs. McGregor would sell a metric f-ton of PPV. Conor would talk shit for 6 months and then Georges would fuck him up.

Yea I'm pretty sure GSP can get almost any fight he wants at this point. GSP vs. McGregor would sell a metric f-ton of PPV. Conor would talk shit for 6 months and then Georges would fuck him up.
Agree 100 %

UFC contracts are a joke apparently, can’t force the man to fight.
No contract can force any man to fight, ever. At least not in western civilization. So that is not a UFC thing.

What a contract can do is prevent you from taking or getting any other fight other than the one stipulated in your contract. So the UFC could play hardball and whenever GSP came back say 'you are fighting X at MW or you are not fighting at all' (which might even be tough for them to do) but we know they would not do that if they could otherwise get another big money fight out of him.

Pretty sure all means is that if did fight again it would have to be a MW title defense.

According to this video clip:

Dana White says GSP had a contract to defend the title against Robert Whittaker if he beat Bisping. (At 1:05 of the video.)

Well GSP vacated the title...

So is GSP in breach of his contract?

Does he have to pay a fine or something for not fighting Whittaker?

I think contract is if he kept the MW belt he had to defend it. He vacated it so the contract is void. You cant force someone to keep and defend his belt.

Yeah, as most in here I've read the contract.

Back