Is Gegard Mousasi vs. Rory MacDonald a sealed deal?

strongstylekarate

Nokia will beat Apple 2019
Banned
Reaction score
This fight needed to happen, this will be PPV blowout for Bellator for being an intriguing matchup.

I hope Bellator and Scott Coker make this a possibility and let this fight materialize,

And Bellator better grab this opportunity because UFC now is somewhat lacking.

Bellator card I'm expecting:

Gegard Mousasi vs. Rory MacDonald - MW Championship

Brent Primus vs. Michael Chandler - LW Championship

Fedor/Sonnen vs. Bader/Mittrione - HW GP Final

Koreshkov or Douglas Lima vs. MVP

It should be. Its bigger than 90% of fights in the UFC in terms of talent and skill level. A true super fight.

Bellator should never do another PPV again.

I’m def down for Mousasi vs Rory but I kinda wanna see them make some title defenses first. There’s some good fighters for them to face. Don’t wanna see Bellator go this super fight route and the title never moves.

only scott coker could figure out a way not to make this fight.

Coker barely even seems luke warm on this fight right now when it was brought up to him.

Which is shocking since it doesn't seem like Coker plans much ahead of the next event.

P.S.: Gegard needs this to stay motivated. Fighting no names to him is a recipe for disaster with him in training. Though maybe he has learned his lesson over the last 7 to 8 years .

With Koreshkov booked its either Mousasi or a Lima rematch.

Coker barely even seems luke warm on this fight right now when it was brought up to him.

Which is shocking since it doesn't seem like Coker plans much ahead of the next event.

P.S.: Gegard needs this to stay motivated. Fighting no names to him is a recipe for disaster with him in training. Though maybe he has learned his lesson over the last 7 to 8 years .

dont think Salter and Lovato are gonna get Mousasi hyped. the STorm rematch might since everyone feels STorm won the fight so would give Mousasi a chance to end that debate.

But Rory is biggest fight for him.

dont think Salter and Lovato are gonna get Mousasi hyped. the STorm rematch might since everyone feels STorm won the fight so would give Mousasi a chance to end that debate.

But Rory is biggest fight for him.

Shlemenko doesn't intend to get back to Bellator

Hmm... Mousasi/Rory would make a pretty good co-main event for the Tito vs. Chuck PPV.

This fight needed to happen, this will be PPV blowout for Bellator for being an intriguing matchup.

I hope Bellator and Scott Coker make this a possibility and let this fight materialize,

And Bellator better grab this opportunity because UFC now is somewhat lacking.

Bellator card I'm expecting:

Gegard Mousasi vs. Rory MacDonald - MW Championship

Brent Primus vs. Michael Chandler - LW Championship

Fedor/Sonnen vs. Bader/Mittrione - HW GP Final

Koreshkov or Douglas Lima vs. MVP
That would be NICE!!
PPV blowout though? Idk bro, should be but needs insane promotion
Did Helwani not say on Monday that Bellator now has the best MW & WW champion’s...interesting he said that or maybe not...I tend to agree with Mousasi @ MW but not The Red King @ WW, how about you?

I don't think Coker is crazy about idea.I think he feels that Rory doesn't have the greatest of chances against the larger Mousasi. Good match up for moose and Rory continues to take damage in every fight.In his title win, Lima gave it better than he got it.

He'll see how Rory is going forward as Mousasi also and see how the 2 do maybe over the next fight or 2 .If they both look good and theres a demand for the fight than he'll book it and Gegard will gladly put it on him.

It's a bad idea of course. Bellator is trying to establish divisional champions. Sending in Rory against a guy who can beat his ass badly won't look good for both Bellator and Rorys mental health.

This will be just a repeat of Koreshkov vs Henderson

A bigger, better much more rangy striker just picking apart a game but totally outmatched opponenent..

0 interest in watching Rory destroy his career or Mousasi take on another welterweight

Rory vs Shelemenko is a way better fight ..Shlemenko is a bigger star in Bellator anyway and that would be closer to a Bellator superfight than anything with Mousasi in it

It's funny because in the UFC when a fighter is scared of the stand up and resorts to wrestling to win he is a smart fighter and the other guy a chump who couldn't defend the takedown.

Of course, when Moose gets hit with a fluke punch in Bellator (Storms thumb went inside Mooses eye) now even when Moose wins the first 2 rounds with dominate wrestling he actually lost :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Absolutely pathetic how bias people are.

Why make 1 of your Champs lose and possibly look bad instead of having them defend and build?
Do they have to push this "superfight" bc they're both former UFC guys?
Rory barely made it passed Lima and if not a rematch Koreshkov or MVP should be up next.
I think Koreshkov should get the next shot but a Rory/MVP fight would probably bring as many viewers as Rory/Moose if that's the direction they're going for.

I'd be in no rush to make this fight if I were Coker. Not until they've both defended their belts a couple of times.

Defend, build up the fight, and get it done next year

Back