Media Alex Pereira manhandles Daniel Cormier at UFC 301 media day

practice-alleniverson.gif

Pereira folds prime DC
Doubtful. Mma iq, wrestling iq, grappling, ability to roll with punches and take a clean shot.

DC is one of the best fighters of all time outside of Jon Jones, just doesn't get enough respect for it. There aren't many fighters all time who beat him in his prime, he'd be a favorite over any fighter in history other than Jones and prime Cain.

It would be an interesting fight though, but until we've seen him tested on the ground, there's no real indication he could overcome what is one of the toughest wrestling tests in the sport.

That's ridiculous. Jones and DC takes Pereria down and smashes him. Pereria still hasn't fought a westler. Not one. Izzy even took him down and he has a shit top game. When he had him down his positioning was so bad, yet he still held him down. DC would take him down in the first 10 seconds. Everyone forgets how dominate DC was. He only lost to the 2 baddest dudes of all time. People just love shitting on him

Jones yes, but DC is a different story.

DC is much better at fighting boxers than he is at fighting kickboxers as he's openly admittedly weak to kicks. And Pereira is by far and away the best kickboxer he'd ever have fought. Pereira's also now a BB under Glover who's a much more dominant top grappler than DC so I doubt DC's submitting him which is what he was good at once he had top position.

DC might smother Pereira, but he needs a perfect game to beat him. Pereira doesn't.

DC got hurt by every big shot he ever took, and his body was an obvious weak spot if we're including that for "chin" discussions.

He also just had the grappling and instincts to tie you up afterwards and make you hesitate now that he had a hold of you. So he often didn't take a lot of the follow up shots that would've otherwise finished him.
Styles make fights. He could hang with everyone he's fought on the feet, so there wasn't the urgency to wrestle as much.

He wouldn't even mess with Alex on the feet, the plan would just be to wrestle the shit out of him.

There's no way anyone could be this confident in a punchers chance against DC of all fighters, unless you're biased and massively underrating him.

I love Alex but it's a ridiculous thing to say with confidence. DC is his worst matchup, likely of all time.

Jones yes, but DC is a different story.

DC is much better at fighting boxers than he is at fighting kickboxers as he's openly admittedly weak to kicks. And Pereira is by far and away the best kickboxer he'd ever have fought. Pereira's also now a BB under Glover who's a much more dominant top grappler than DC so I doubt DC's submitting him which is what he was good at once he had top position.

DC might smother Pereira, but he needs a perfect game to beat him. Pereira doesn't.
This is just so dumb..

I can't even

You gotta think these things through bud.

Your bias is showing heavy.

If Izzy can control Alex for an entire round on the ground, DC can take Alex down.

I know he can beat the shit out of me…

But seeing how Cormier looks today makes me feel a lot better about the current shape of my body.

• Haha
Reactions: lsa

I frigging love Steve Reed's work.
Always there, sense of humor, knows when things are about to kick off, knows when people are foolin' around.

If anyone wants an example....go re-watch the Khabib vs Conor fight aftermath when Khabib jumps the fence to go for Dillon Danis..... Steve Reed is IN THERE in about 3 seconds, straight onto Khabib, calming him, talking to him, walking him backwards.

Total pro.

Here it is : Steve Reed is THERE at time=23secs, immediately takes control, slowly moves Khabib backwards whilst having full control of his body:

Last edited:
Absolutely ragdolled DC.

Pereira will put on a wrestling clinic when he fights Ankalaev.

Lets not get carried away. This was obviously just two guys goofing around. DC is UFC employee, and its his job to make Alex look good and thats exactly what he is doing in this video.

Back