Is Fedor rethinking his comeback?

I just read on twitter about Bellator possibly giving him a fight with Tito.....yawn

Actually, if that fight ever happened and Tito somehow won, it would be fucking glorious. It would be a record setting level of butthurt. If he lost that fight against Fabio, no one would care, only the major Fedor haters, but he's clearly long passed his prime and should ride off into the sunset at this point, just like A Silva should.

If he loses to Tito at this point in their respective careers though? That shit stays with a guy lol.

What ,all I said was he was a mechanic.
BTW Alovsky was lighting him up before the I'll advised flying knee attempt. Wouldn't exactly call it a "mauling"
Oh you mean Brett mauled him. Let's face it the UFC heavyweight division is weak. Having said that, Fedor wouldn't survive with anyone in the top 5.
Never said he would now. Everyone knows he is old and done. In his prime is a different story, even as he was starting to decline and turn into a head hunter he still stopped Rogers the mechanic who violated Arlovski who was recently a fight or two away from a shot at ufc gold. The mechanic comment was clever douchebaggery but not sneaky at all.

lesnar never looked unconscious, so it's a slightly different situation. I thought the lesnar fight should have been stopped.

it is what it is i suppose.
Slightly different maybe but it firmly fell into the lack of intelligently defending himself catagory. For long enough that it looked cartoonish. Both could have or should have been stopped, but they were not and in both cases the fighter came back to take the upper hand to verying degrees. I am just making the point that the ufc looks dirty at times just like the rest.

I thought both fights should have been stopped in the first round, but I feel like Fedor-Fabio was worse. That being said, I haven't watched Lesnar-Carwin in a very long time, so it could be the other way around.
Niether was pretty, thats for sure. Both did survive though for the fighters sake I wouldn't suggest they make a habit of letting things go so far. I just think the reffing in the ufc can be just as bias as any other league trying to give their big stars a little edge.

He said it's time for bigger and more meaningful fights. and in the last week or two there was a documentary film about Fedor and his life after the Maldonado fight, and he said that he has big plans for the future. For me it sounds like he's going to the UFC or maybe Bellator or something.

Slightly different maybe but it firmly fell into the lack of intelligently defending himself catagory. For long enough that it looked cartoonish. Both could have or should have been stopped, but they were not and in both cases the fighter came back to take the upper hand to verying degrees. I am just making the point that the ufc looks dirty at times just like the rest.

oh fuck, the ufc epitomizes dirty.

I would just stop at this point,but who knows whats on the table.

He said it's time for bigger and more meaningful fights. and in the last week or two there was a documentary film about Fedor and his life after the Maldonado fight, and he said that he has big plans for the future. For me it sounds like he's going to the UFC or maybe Bellator or something.

where can i watch this film??

Niether was pretty, thats for sure. Both did survive though for the fighters sake I wouldn't suggest they make a habit of letting things go so far. I just think the reffing in the ufc can be just as bias as any other league trying to give their big stars a little edge.

I think it's gotten a bit better, but they definitely seem to let it go a little longer when a big star is getting pounded. I'm not sure if it's any back-room agreement with the officials or anything conspiracy related, or just that the refs are also fans of the fights. In WMMA they are usually a little bit quicker to stop a fight when a girl gets KO'd. In Rousey vs. Holm, if Rousey had of been any other fighter on the WMMA roster, the fight would have been stopped right after the kick landed, but Rousey was given the chance to recover. She obviously didn't because she wasn't even on planet earth at the time, but I don't think they allow anyone else to take any more damage after that kick. It could be something as simple as the referee during the fight also bought into the Ronda hype, and was in disbelief and somehow thought she would recover.

Anyway, back to the Fedor-Maldanado/Brock-Carwin fights, I do think both should have been stopped, but I'm not part of the crowd that says Fedor or Brock lost those fights. The fights continued for better or worse, and they both recovered. I do think Fedor-Maldanado should be a draw though. I'm quicker to forgive bias from referees than I am to forgive bias from judges. There should be absolutely zero bias from judges.

where can i watch this film??

The majority of this short film was shot in the last weeks of preparations for EFN 50. But Fedor narrates it and talks about the days before the fight and near the end of it he talks about the now and the future.

I think it's gotten a bit better, but they definitely seem to let it go a little longer when a big star is getting pounded. I'm not sure if it's any back-room agreement with the officials or anything conspiracy related, or just that the refs are also fans of the fights. In WMMA they are usually a little bit quicker to stop a fight when a girl gets KO'd. In Rousey vs. Holm, if Rousey had of been any other fighter on the WMMA roster, the fight would have been stopped right after the kick landed, but Rousey was given the chance to recover. She obviously didn't because she wasn't even on planet earth at the time, but I don't think they allow anyone else to take any more damage after that kick. It could be something as simple as the referee during the fight also bought into the Ronda hype, and was in disbelief and somehow thought she would recover.

Anyway, back to the Fedor-Maldanado/Brock-Carwin fights, I do think both should have been stopped, but I'm not part of the crowd that says Fedor or Brock lost those fights. The fights continued for better or worse, and they both recovered. I do think Fedor-Maldanado should be a draw though. I'm quicker to forgive bias from referees than I am to forgive bias from judges. There should be absolutely zero bias from judges.
I agree 100%. I have been a Fedor fan for many years and I saw it the same way. It could have easily been stopped at a couple points in the first and I thought it was a draw. One judge did actually call it that way. I wish there was more honesty on here, but it seems like everything is black or white, you rule or you suck.

I think you are fair in your assesment.

I don't know the nature of Fedor's contract, nor have I read his comments regarding the Maldonado fight. Has he made any interviews/statements after that fight?

I would think he can't be very content with his performance, nor very confident in fighting opponents stronger than Maldonado (or of the same level, for that matter).
most fighters actually want to get back in as soon as possible after a bad outing, outside of ronda rousey.

He has to be doing it for money. He will always go down as one of the best ever, but recently all he's done is hurt his own legacy and make fans feel bad for him. At this point Lewis would retire him. I'd say he'd have a 50/50 against Roy Nelson and really no chance against anyone else. His decline is steep and extremely noticeable.

enough of this bullshit. He DID NOT lose to FAbio in any way possible. He looked like shit in the first round and survived some crazy shit and went on to completely dominate him in the following two rounds. On what fucking planet is this losing? Did Fedor win or tie, ok that is a very debatable point because most people would score that 1st round a 10-8 but how in the hell did fabio win any other round he became a punching bag statue and didnt do anything for two rounds after that. cmon man, this nonesne of Fedor losing that fight is dumb.
Dominated in the next 2 rounds? One round was a coin flip and the other was Fedors round. Fedor is like Jones , keep drinking the Kool Aid.

He had no intentions of going to the UFC. The negotiations with the UFC was just to get more money out of the other orgs. He needs a few easy fights to pay off the massive debt he owes.

I would say "Yes" if I believed he had ever seriously considered a comeback. But I don't believe he was planning a comeback, I think he was just using his name and teasing a possible future move to UFC to get a little extra dough and to promote these events. If I could use my name for easy money, I'd do it too.

He probably suspended himself, concussion protocol.

It's time for the "Legend Killer" Baruto to kill a Legend again.

Back