Is Erick Silva the only prospect who never panned out?

hes still a prospect and always will be

I don’t get why the guy is always singled out as soon as someone wants to mock a potential up and comer.

I get it, a bunch of people jumped on Ericks nuts when he finished his first few opponents. He looked like a world beater against the low tier guys, but got exposed against the guys in the 10-15 range.

But Erick Silva is not the first or last mma prospect that never reached perceived potential.

Ah good ole Sherdog groupthink.

TJ Grant RIP

He defended against Blaydes' wrestling and submitted some guy (Anthony Hamilton)?
Well Sokoudjou submitted some guy as well and his take down defence is good. When Arona grabbed Sokoudjou's leg and drive him backwards then tried to sweep his other leg, the way Sokoudjou hopped backwards on one leg then jump off with that leg to avoid the sweep then defended the single leg was some of the best TDD I've ever seen.

So Sokoudjou have showed those things as well problem is Sokoudjou is a front runner. We haven't see Ngannou in any trouble or had to fight through adversity so Ngannou still remains a question mark for me.

a 33 year old prospect? I've never heard of such a thing with the exceptions of Daniel Cormier and Randy Couture

33 years old is young for an athlete, OK!
Old for an athlete but young for a tactician. Maurice Smith, Couture, boxers like hopkins and a handful of others that rely on brains have longevity.

Sage, Paige and the next GSP phillipe nover

Brandon Vera.

Future LHW and HW champion.

In fairness, he can actually be both HW and LHW champion in OneFC.

Oh and who could forget?

"Houston Alexander IS FOR REAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!"

I don’t get why the guy is always singled out as soon as someone wants to mock a potential up and comer.

I get it, a bunch of people jumped on Ericks nuts when he finished his first few opponents. He looked like a world beater against the low tier guys, but got exposed against the guys in the 10-15 range.

But Erick Silva is not the first or last mma prospect that never reached perceived potential.

Ah good ole Sherdog groupthink.

Wasn’t this more of a case of Erick getting defeated by usda more than anything else? Before and after pics are a joke

Wasn’t this more of a case of Erick getting defeated by usda more than anything else? Before and after pics are a joke
Nah he was already getting exposed before USADA came around.

Amir Sadallah
Roger Huerta
Miguel Torres
Ryan Hall

On the real though anyone who knew MMA knew Houston Alexander was an old man when he came to the UFC for god sakes I think he was 34 when he knocked out Keith Jardine. That and he was a brawler with no real wrestling or BJJ. No one thought he was a big deal if they knew what they were talking about. Very exciting brawler.
Excuse me... HOUSTON ALEXANDER IS FOR REALLLLL!!!!

The ways of memehood are mysterious indeed. What sage is so wise that he can predict which will succeed, and which will fail?

Back