Is Conor stupid or a genius? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Conor McGregor vs Mayweather Discussion' started by Bill Murray, Sep 13, 2017.

1. BeyondPostal Green Belt

BeyondPostal
  2. Babaganoosh ----Orion's Belt----

Babaganoosh
    He is very good at promoting himself. A good majority of his fans took the bait and bought into his hype. If anyone was stupid it was them.

3. MorrisonJay Green Belt

MorrisonJay
    You know what makes him a genius? Not just his self promotion, and the gift of the gab, but the fact that he has made haters just as obsessed with him as the people who like him.

That is genius!

Bill Murray likes this.
  4. Milton_Gracie Yellow Belt

Milton_Gracie
    By those standards, Kim Kardashian is Stephen Hawking lol

You've just set the standard for genius at an all time low...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    FlowchartRog likes this.
  5. MorrisonJay Green Belt

MorrisonJay
    No I have not, not at all. He is a genius at self promoting, a a genius with his mouth. But to get people to spend money on you, who hate you, that tops it for me!

I mean, look at this board! How many haters must spend all their time on here bashing conor. At least the nuthuggers have an excuse.

Bill Murray likes this.
  6. Milton_Gracie Yellow Belt

Milton_Gracie
    There really aren't many people still talking about the match. This forum is kinda slow.

As for generating hate, during the pre-fight build up, McGregor was showered with love, praise and applause. It was Mayweather who was hated. People paid to see Mayweather lose. You're giving Connor the credit that belongs to Floyd. An NO, Floyd's ability to make people hate him is not some stroke of genius.

7. MorrisonJay Green Belt

MorrisonJay
    You have just proved my point lol So, before the fight, we had the nuthuggers saying this and that. Then he loses so now the haters take over.

Both groups are exactly the same, and have one major thing in common.

They are both obsessed with conor. That much is plain to see.

8. Milton_Gracie Yellow Belt

Milton_Gracie
    I wouldn't go far as to say that I'm personally obsessed with Connor. But, I am obsessed with discussing the fact that we got to see a high profile UFC guy get the snots beat out his head by a high profile boxer in a boxing match.

Been waiting for this sense of balance ever since Couture tapped out Toney and silenced the boxing people who believed that boxing was the ultimate form of fighting.

9. MorrisonJay Green Belt

MorrisonJay
    There are s lot of Conor obsessed haters on this forum. You see them everyday, starting threads every day, going over the same thing over and over.

They are spending so much time on a guy they hate! What does that tell you?

10. Milton_Gracie Yellow Belt

Milton_Gracie
    It tells me they are very passionate about the sport.

11. MorrisonJay Green Belt

MorrisonJay
    No, it does not. Look how many of these haters have joined the last few months. They only bash Conor, that is all they do. I do not think they even like the sport, it's all about Conor.

That is not people in love with the sport. That is people obsessed with a man they hate.

12. Milton_Gracie Yellow Belt

Milton_Gracie
    It could be. Nothing new though. MMA Fighter bashing has been an online internet sport with fanatical levels ever since Wallid clock choked Royce Gracie. The bashing the Gracie's received after that match was twice as bad as what Connor is getting. Even Ismael filmed videos of himself driving by Torrance and laughing at their state of BJJ after he won.

13. So Fresh Purple Belt

So Fresh
    You keep talking about all these obsessed conor haters, all the while you are out here calling these people out on hating on conor

Youre in every thread ffs
    Stop being an annoying little prick and move on

14. jeremyemilio Silver Belt

jeremyemilio
    Ugh... this is the second thread I've seen in the last ten minutes that features you not knowing what in hell you're talking about.

A. Nate is NOT an "ultra conservative fighter" with a "conservative style" by any stretch of the imagination. He's been known as one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC for years. "Never takes risks" my ass. What in hell have you been watching.

B. Conor DID fight conservatively against Floyd. He rarely sat down on his shots in that fight, through mostly jabs, and spent the night trying to touch Floyd with pitter patter shots.

That aside, and on topic, Conor is not stupid. He's clearly a genius. The man isn't near the best fighter in the UFC, but he's exciting to watch as well as great at promoting himself, and has leveraged that into a 9 figure net worth.

15. Massapiece Purple Belt

Massapiece
    What? Boxing is about to make a big come up all because of Floyd. You see all that momey hes flashing? So do talented kids that will be following his motto and taking the boxing route.
    Boxing is doing better than mma.

16. Massapiece Purple Belt

Massapiece
    Hes a smart business man but i question his fight iq. Seems to play checkers while combat sports/fighting are chess matches.

17. DWAYNEAMERICA Yellow Card

DWAYNEAMERICA
    Stupid people don't do as well as Conor has.

He's a douchebag...not an idiot.

18. franklinstower Green Belt

franklinstower
    He is neither stupid nor a genius. He is charismatic and that's all.

19. Shinobi Purple Belt

Shinobi
    Nowadays people throw around the word genius way too lightly. Conor is a very good fighter, and that's about it. Floyd actually has more strokes of genius than Conor.

20. TAK47 XPT Nation

TAK47
    He will never have to work again and is the highest paid MMA fighter while he is far from being the best.

So he definitely made some smart moves.