Is Conor stupid or a genius?

He is very good at promoting himself. A good majority of his fans took the bait and bought into his hype. If anyone was stupid it was them.

You know what makes him a genius? Not just his self promotion, and the gift of the gab, but the fact that he has made haters just as obsessed with him as the people who like him.

That is genius!

You know what makes him a genius? Not just his self promotion, and the gift of the gab, but the fact that he has made haters just as obsessed with him as the people who like him.

That is genius!

By those standards, Kim Kardashian is Stephen Hawking lol

You've just set the standard for genius at an all time low...

Last edited:
No I have not, not at all. He is a genius at self promoting, a a genius with his mouth. But to get people to spend money on you, who hate you, that tops it for me!

I mean, look at this board! How many haters must spend all their time on here bashing conor. At least the nuthuggers have an excuse.

No I have not, not at all. He is a genius at self promoting, a a genius with his mouth. But to get people to spend money on you, who hate you, that tops it for me!

I mean, look at this board! How many haters must spend all their time on here bashing conor. At least the nuthuggers have an excuse.

There really aren't many people still talking about the match. This forum is kinda slow.

As for generating hate, during the pre-fight build up, McGregor was showered with love, praise and applause. It was Mayweather who was hated. People paid to see Mayweather lose. You're giving Connor the credit that belongs to Floyd. An NO, Floyd's ability to make people hate him is not some stroke of genius.

There really aren't many people still talking about the match. This forum is kinda slow.

As for generating hate, during the pre-fight build up, McGregor was showered with love, praise and applause. It was Mayweather who was hated. People paid to see Mayweather lose. You're giving Connor the credit that belongs to Floyd. An NO, Floyd's ability to make people hate him is not some stroke of genius.

You have just proved my point lol So, before the fight, we had the nuthuggers saying this and that. Then he loses so now the haters take over.

Both groups are exactly the same, and have one major thing in common.

They are both obsessed with conor. That much is plain to see.

You have just proved my point lol So, before the fight, we had the nuthuggers saying this and that. Then he loses so now the haters take over.

Both groups are exactly the same, and have one major thing in common.

They are both obsessed with conor. That much is plain to see.

I wouldn't go far as to say that I'm personally obsessed with Connor. But, I am obsessed with discussing the fact that we got to see a high profile UFC guy get the snots beat out his head by a high profile boxer in a boxing match.

Been waiting for this sense of balance ever since Couture tapped out Toney and silenced the boxing people who believed that boxing was the ultimate form of fighting.

I wouldn't go far as to say that I'm personally obsessed with Connor. But, I am obsessed with discussing the fact that we got to see a high profile UFC guy get the snots beat out his head by a high profile boxer in a boxing match.

Been waiting for this sense of balance ever since Couture tapped out Toney and silenced the boxing people who believed that boxing was the ultimate form of fighting.

There are s lot of Conor obsessed haters on this forum. You see them everyday, starting threads every day, going over the same thing over and over.

They are spending so much time on a guy they hate! What does that tell you?

There are s lot of Conor obsessed haters on this forum. You see them everyday, starting threads every day, going over the same thing over and over.

It tells me they are very passionate about the sport.

It tells me they are very passionate about the sport.

No, it does not. Look how many of these haters have joined the last few months. They only bash Conor, that is all they do. I do not think they even like the sport, it's all about Conor.

That is not people in love with the sport. That is people obsessed with a man they hate.

No, it does not. Look how many of these haters have joined the last few months. They only bash Conor, that is all they do. I do not think they even like the sport, it's all about Conor.

That is not people in love with the sport. That is people obsessed with a man they hate.

It could be. Nothing new though. MMA Fighter bashing has been an online internet sport with fanatical levels ever since Wallid clock choked Royce Gracie. The bashing the Gracie's received after that match was twice as bad as what Connor is getting. Even Ismael filmed videos of himself driving by Torrance and laughing at their state of BJJ after he won.

You keep talking about all these obsessed conor haters, all the while you are out here calling these people out on hating on conor

Youre in every thread ffs
Stop being an annoying little prick and move on

I saw in a recent post someone said that Conor wasn't smart enough to manage his energy versus Nate Diaz or Floyd and this is why he lost those fights.

I thought it was strange that Conor did this in the first Nate fight.. because it was so counter to his gameplan in other fights. Even though he is always aggressive in these fights he seemed much more aggressive than normal. Even in the second fight against Nate he was still super aggressive and tried to knock him out again. If Conor hadn't done this in both fights I think he could have won decisions much more easily because he would have never been in danger of gassing which played right into Nate's style as well as Floyd.

But I believe there is much more to this. I think Conor is looking at the long term goal not the short term one.

Let's look at Nate... Nate is a good fighter who is ultra conservative and has a very conservative style. But look how much money he made before beating Conor... It was a joke.

So which is smarter.... to have the kamikaze style of Conor and risk losing a battle here and there but ultimately dominate the war like he has or to play it safe like Nate and others and hurt yourself horribly long term?

Floyd is also a perfect example of this. This guy takes ZERO risks in fights and he is despised and has boring fights. Great record but boring fights.

I think Conor saw these guys who are so concerned about losing fights that it made them boring fighters... and he understands the big picture much better than they do. It also seems to fit his personality.

But this also shows how ridiculous it is when people attack Conor for playing it safe at times. It's not enough for him to fight kamikaze style... and to fight a much bigger fighter in Nate at a bigger weight... and to take fights on short notice etc... but then they trash him for tapping versus Nate. Nate who is the ultimate safe fighter and never takes risks... You don't see him fighting guys much bigger or fighting a kamikaze style. So again it's just massive hypocrisy.

I also think Conor knows that taking risks like he does will make him an even greater fighter down the road and playing it too safe has hurt other fighters development. But remember too that taking risks doesn't mean he has to fight stupid and risk his career as well.

Ugh... this is the second thread I've seen in the last ten minutes that features you not knowing what in hell you're talking about.

A. Nate is NOT an "ultra conservative fighter" with a "conservative style" by any stretch of the imagination. He's been known as one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC for years. "Never takes risks" my ass. What in hell have you been watching.

B. Conor DID fight conservatively against Floyd. He rarely sat down on his shots in that fight, through mostly jabs, and spent the night trying to touch Floyd with pitter patter shots.

That aside, and on topic, Conor is not stupid. He's clearly a genius. The man isn't near the best fighter in the UFC, but he's exciting to watch as well as great at promoting himself, and has leveraged that into a 9 figure net worth.

Is Floyd a genius though or was he lucky to have a family of boxers who taught him how to make money? Then the money people in Vegas used him to make money.

Conor is a self made man.

Also, Conor has taken MMA to new levels.. Floyd has maybe destroyed boxing. And the only way he could raise his stock in the public was by Conor making the fight spectacular.
What? Boxing is about to make a big come up all because of Floyd. You see all that momey hes flashing? So do talented kids that will be following his motto and taking the boxing route.
Boxing is doing better than mma.

Hes a smart business man but i question his fight iq. Seems to play checkers while combat sports/fighting are chess matches.

Stupid people don't do as well as Conor has.

He's a douchebag...not an idiot.

He is neither stupid nor a genius. He is charismatic and that's all.

Nowadays people throw around the word genius way too lightly. Conor is a very good fighter, and that's about it. Floyd actually has more strokes of genius than Conor.

He will never have to work again and is the highest paid MMA fighter while he is far from being the best.

So he definitely made some smart moves.

Back