Is Conor stupid or a genius?

Bill Murray

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I saw in a recent post someone said that Conor wasn't smart enough to manage his energy versus Nate Diaz or Floyd and this is why he lost those fights.

I thought it was strange that Conor did this in the first Nate fight.. because it was so counter to his gameplan in other fights. Even though he is always aggressive in these fights he seemed much more aggressive than normal. Even in the second fight against Nate he was still super aggressive and tried to knock him out again. If Conor hadn't done this in both fights I think he could have won decisions much more easily because he would have never been in danger of gassing which played right into Nate's style as well as Floyd.

But I believe there is much more to this. I think Conor is looking at the long term goal not the short term one.

Let's look at Nate... Nate is a good fighter who is ultra conservative and has a very conservative style. But look how much money he made before beating Conor... It was a joke.

So which is smarter.... to have the kamikaze style of Conor and risk losing a battle here and there but ultimately dominate the war like he has or to play it safe like Nate and others and hurt yourself horribly long term?

Floyd is also a perfect example of this. This guy takes ZERO risks in fights and he is despised and has boring fights. Great record but boring fights.

I think Conor saw these guys who are so concerned about losing fights that it made them boring fighters... and he understands the big picture much better than they do. It also seems to fit his personality.

But this also shows how ridiculous it is when people attack Conor for playing it safe at times. It's not enough for him to fight kamikaze style... and to fight a much bigger fighter in Nate at a bigger weight... and to take fights on short notice etc... but then they trash him for tapping versus Nate. Nate who is the ultimate safe fighter and never takes risks... You don't see him fighting guys much bigger or fighting a kamikaze style. So again it's just massive hypocrisy.

I also think Conor knows that taking risks like he does will make him an even greater fighter down the road and playing it too safe has hurt other fighters development. But remember too that taking risks doesn't mean he has to fight stupid and risk his career as well.

I saw in a recent post someone said that Conor wasn't smart enough to manage his energy versus Nate Diaz or Floyd and this is why he lost those fights.

I thought it was strange that Conor did this in the first Nate fight.. because it was so counter to his gameplan in other fights. Even though he is always aggressive in these fights he seemed much more aggressive than normal. Even in the second fight against Nate he was still super aggressive and tried to knock him out again. If Conor hadn't done this in both fights I think he could have won decisions much more easily because he would have never been in danger of gassing which played right into Nate's style as well as Floyd.

But I believe there is much more to this. I think Conor is looking at the long term goal not the short term one.

Let's look at Nate... Nate is a good fighter who is ultra conservative and has a very conservative style. But look how much money he made before beating Conor... It was a joke.

So which is smarter.... to have the kamikaze style of Conor and risk losing a battle here and there but ultimately dominate the war like he has or to play it safe like Nate and others and hurt yourself horribly long term?

Floyd is also a perfect example of this. This guy takes ZERO risks in fights and he is despised and has boring fights. Great record but boring fights.

I think Conor saw these guys who are so concerned about losing fights that it made them boring fighters... and he understands the big picture much better than they do. It also seems to fit his personality.

But this also shows how ridiculous it is when people attack Conor for playing it safe at times. It's not enough for him to fight kamikaze style... and to fight a much bigger fighter in Nate at a bigger weight... and to take fights on short notice etc... but then they trash him for tapping versus Nate. Nate who is the ultimate safe fighter and never takes risks... You don't see him fighting guys much bigger or fighting a kamikaze style. So again it's just massive hypocrisy.

I also think Conor knows that taking risks like he does will make him an even greater fighter down the road and playing it too safe has hurt other fighters development. But remember too that taking risks doesn't mean he has to fight stupid and risk his career as well.

Defiantly a genius. Look what he has done since 2012. While other ufc fighters are busting their balls to make money, Conor done it differently, and has become the wealthiest and arguably the mist popular mma fighter in recent years.

I mean, he is so popular, even the haters are obsessed with him lol

Stupid. I mean, just look at this footwork, lol.

conor-gif-nice-min-gif.268449

He's also stupid for thinking he could beat an elite boxer.

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

Stupid. I mean, just look at this footwork, lol.

conor-gif-nice-min-gif.268449

He's also stupid for thinking he could beat an elite boxer.

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

Does not matter what he said. Part of that was selling the fight. He was never going to out box floyd, but to talk your way into a 100 million, your first professional boxer fight is genius.

Of course some haters will never admit that though, because they can say nothing positive about Conor.

There are MANY rich people who are fucking DOLTS...such as Kanye and Kim for example.

In fact, a significant number of celebrities are just...not smart in the least.

$ucce$$ doesn't innately = intelligence

Mayweather a stupid winner is worth far more than Conor a stupid loser?
If Conor was really intelligent he'd have gone into a better paying sport in the first place and wouldn't have been a plumber, maybe?

There are MANY rich people who are fucking DOLTS...such as Kanye and Kim for example.

In fact, a significant number of celebrities are just...not smart in the least.

$ucce$$ doesn't innately = intelligence

I was just about the post the exact same thing. Your examples are good.

I mean, Donald Trump is probably richer than almost every scientist in the world combined. Yet he's borderline retarded.

Just because you have an unwarranted, delusional amount of self confidence, combined with drive and greed, does not mean you're intelligent.

If Conor was really intelligent he'd have gone into a better paying sport in the first place and wouldn't have been a plumber, maybe?

Cannot walk into just any sport lol He walk into a sport which did not pay well, and ended up probably being worth more than 100 million.

That is genius! He did not have to choose a different sport. Just to have one fight in a boxing match.

Is Floyd a genius though or was he lucky to have a family of boxers who taught him how to make money? Then the money people in Vegas used him to make money.

Conor is a self made man.

Also, Conor has taken MMA to new levels.. Floyd has maybe destroyed boxing. And the only way he could raise his stock in the public was by Conor making the fight spectacular.

I was just about the post the exact same thing. Your examples are good.

I mean, Donald Trump is probably richer than almost every scientist in the world combined. Yet he's borderline retarded.

Just because you have an unwarranted, delusional amount of self confidence, combined with drive and greed, does not mean you're intelligent.

Conor and his delusion about his abilities can indeed be deemed pathological.

That said, ANYONE in the fight game (be it boxing or MMA) who make GOBS AND GOBS of money deserve to be lauded from the monetary perspective, but apart from money, Conor is a fucking joke; he is NOT bigger than the UFC as he states, nor is he more important than every other fighter in the UFC which he has also proclaimed.

He's just a greedy wanker with an embarrassing micro-dick.

A more CRINGE inspiring fighter has never existed.

He's neither stupid nor a genius. People honestly throw the word genius around way too often these days. Save the label for the actual geniuses, not people like Conor who got famous for beating up people and having trash talk that for some immeasurable reason ended up captivating millions and earning him x amount of money.

I don't know if he is a genius, but he definitely has a gift for self promotion. Time will tell if he can promote his other endeavors as well.

As for fighting being a martial art/fighting genius... I'm on the fence with that. He initially struck me as a real life version of Brad Pitt's character from Snatch.

Was Bradd Pitt's character a genius?

Does not matter what he said. Part of that was selling the fight. He was never going to out box floyd, but to talk your way into a 100 million, your first professional boxer fight is genius.

Of course some haters will never admit that though, because they can say nothing positive about Conor.

Or because they realize just how absurd the claim is.

Conor and his delusion about his abilities can indeed be deemed pathological.

That said, ANYONE in the fight game (be it boxing or MMA) who make GOBS AND GOBS of money deserve to be lauded from the monetary perspective, but apart from money, Conor is a fucking joke; he is NOT bigger than the UFC as he states, nor is he more important than every other fighter in the UFC which he has also proclaimed.

He's just a greedy wanker with an embarrassing micro-dick.

A more CRINGE inspiring fighter has never existed.
20170905_094746.png

You're not married to Conor.

Get over yourself.

He doesn't need your white-nut-hug-knighting.

You guys are just as bad as the nuthuggers. At least they have a reason, that like him. What is you're excuse for being obsessed with him?

Compared to the average sherdogger, I'd say he's dece

Stupid genius fosho, good call TS

Back