Is Conor still as big a star as he was 2 years ago?

He's obviously bigger, these haters losing brain cells trying to bend reality

And then immediately avenged the loss to said LW just five months later. Nate is a bad stylistical match up for McGregor, but Conor overcame his adversity and evened the score anyway.

Lol @ saying he was gifted title shots and yet calling me the delusional one. He ran through a handful of good opponents (including the current champion) as well as a great opponent in Chad Mendes on short notice, to earn his title shot at Featherweight. And as for the Lightweight one? He still toyed with and knocked out the champion, so what difference does it make?

As for never defending the title, you have a point there although I consider fight with Khabib an unofficial title defense for Conor.

LOL at nate being a bad stylistical match up for mcgregor he was the BEST stylistical match up in that division

LOL at nate being a bad stylistical match up for mcgregor he was the BEST stylistical match up in that division

Tremendous cardio, incredibly difficult to knock out, very good boxing with a long reach, etc. Doesn't sound like an easy match up for Conor to me.

He is far from the easiest stylistic match up in the division. Among the top players, that'd probably be Robbie Lawler.

I don't think so. It just seems to me that the wind has been taken out of his sails as far as his star power is concerned. I'm not saying he now has the drawing ability of Mighty Mouse, but if you think back to how huge he was a few years ago, it seems like he's at about 50% of what he used to be.

Consider that in the last 2 years:

- Hasn't fought in MMA
- Stripped of both belts
- Got walked down and finished in his most watched fight of all time
- Most notable media story being for committing criminal acts

Seems like there's hardly any buzz about his upcoming fight either. I'm sure the PPV numbers will be good, just nowhere near as high as they would be had this fight happened 2 years ago.

Thoughts?

There was the best part a million people streaming the presser live last night and a year ago he did over 4 million PPV's Vs Floyd I'm sure his return fight will get a bit of interest...

Conor's got win's over 3 of the current LW top 10.

Khabib only realistically has a win over Barboza, a lot of work to do to call himself king of the division. Somehow after losing to Khabib, raging Al has moved from #11 to #9.

Nates keys to victory are his primarily his boxing and secondly his BJJ.

The gameplan to beat Nate is by being a pressuring wrestler.

Conor beat Nate at his own game where Nate's strongest.

{<huh}

The amount of ignorance about MMA it takes to say something like this.... boggles the mind.

Not to mention that a person saying this must be living in the past, because Eddie Alvarez is in that division, and as it happens, Conor fought Eddie.... and if I recall correctly, didn't have too many issues.

Hes an even bigger star and im pretty sure his schlong has got even bigger in 2 years as well

People are going to buy this fight at a higher rate than any MMA PPV in the last two years, so I'll say yes.

{<huh}

The amount of ignorance about MMA it takes to say something like this.... boggles the mind.

Not to mention that a person saying this must be living in the past, because Eddie Alvarez is in that division, and as it happens, Conor fought Eddie.... and if I recall correctly, didn't have too many issues.

have you seen nate diaz fight before? its exactly what conor wanted a guy who is slow, will stand with him, and has mediocore boxing

Tremendous cardio, incredibly difficult to knock out, very good boxing with a long reach, etc. Doesn't sound like an easy match up for Conor to me.

He is far from the easiest stylistic match up in the division. Among the top players, that'd probably be Robbie Lawler.

who has nate diaz knocked out? sure he has great cardio and good bjj but really its what conor wnated a guy who is slow, will stand with him and subpar boxing skills

who has nate diaz knocked out? sure he has great cardio and good bjj but really its what conor wnated a guy who is slow, will stand with him and subpar boxing skills

What difference does it make? You hit almost anyone enough times, they'll go out, or, as Conor did, shoot for a take down to avoid possibly getting put out.

Also he offered the fight to Aldo and Edgar first but they declined. Nate was the third choice and accepted, so that's who they went with.

What difference does it make? You hit almost anyone enough times, they'll go out, or, as Conor did, shoot for a take down to avoid possibly getting put out.

Also he offered the fight to Aldo and Edgar first but they declined. Nate was the third choice and accepted, so that's who they went with.

huh? the difference? mcgregor thought he could sleep diaz because he is way faster, more technical, just better standup all around that is why he took the fight but nates chin held up

He just signed a deal to make his own celebrity whiskey an official sponsor of the UFC on the Octagon's canvas and at press conferences and you're wondering if he's only as big of a star as he was back then?

Back