Is Conor afraid of Khabib?

Yes. He is easily the worst matchup for Conor in all of MMA except for maybe Cain Velasquez.

I doubt hes afraid. He'd just rather fight someone more exciting i think. Khabib is a blanket and not really fun to watch.

Afraid of Khabib ?

No.

But imo, he has a phobia unequalled in the history of combat sports, of losing his paper belt.

He's a clown, and a fuckin fraud. And pretty much the exact opposite of any true Martial Artist, or true champion. If that fuck was to suffer a career ending injury tomorrow ( Doesn't even have to be associated with mma. A car accident, or similar would be quite fine ).

I'd call it cosmic justice. And would have ZERO pity for him.

He is NEVER defending ANY belt.

triggered much?

lmao the salt is real

Im a new Conor fan, but i think he has some sort of fear of facing Khabib... McGregor knows that the game is bad for him and it will probably be a very hard (or very easy) fight. What u guys think?

People said the same exact thing about mendes...

You're not a Conor fan if you think be is afraid of Khabib.
What indication has he given that he is scared?
@The Great Macsby Appreciate the 1000th like

giphy.gif

paper belt... He's a clown, and a fuckin fraud.

Well, he definitely fought the champ and 145 and won, then he definitely fought the champ at 155 and won. So all three of those statements are wrong, silly.

Actually zero indication he'll do that. That's the thing, the two times we've heard him and his coach even mention Khabib or Ferguson, was scoffing them off. We've only heard of him wanting to fight Floyd and Woodley.

A break doesn't prevent you from at least touching on your challengers, saying when you want to fight them. So you saying he's going to fight the victor is wishful thinking, not based on fact.

He'll fight one of them.

Aldo wanted to fight him, and as much heat I give Aldo, stylistically Aldo is a nightmare match up for Khabib and is why Khabib wants nothing to do with.

Aldo wanted to duck Max and fight Pettis, and open about it, because Max was the harder fight, for the same reward.

Tyron Woodley wanted to defend his belt vs Nick Diaz

These aren't scared, but they know whose a harder fight, and would make easier money with better stylistic match ups.
Khabib doesn't want the aldo fight cause aldo is too small for him

Well this is a strange morning, Sherdog has their thinking caps on instead of nothing but blindly nut hugging and making zero posts with content.

Conor doesn't fear anyone. It's not about fear, it's about statistics. His only and greatest weakness is Khabib's greatest strength and the Dagestani has been fucking unstoppable. Literally. Conor's been stopped three times and thrashed before with grappling. He's gotten better but it's still the safest and surest path to victory instead of dealing with his monster left hand. He knows it, Khabib knows it, the world knows it. His two possible LW choices are both murderers - Tony is as gifted as a MMA fighter as you could ask for and Khabib is a nightmare. Both are hard fights. In Conor's mind he can beat anyone at any time but surely he understands Khabib is the path of most resistance to keeping the belt and status he's spent his life working for. Easy choice.

I really can't stand Conor, but I know the truth and try to be has honest and forthright as possible with my MMA opinions.

Im a new Conor fan, but i think he has some sort of fear of facing Khabib... McGregor knows that the game is bad for him and it will probably be a very hard (or very easy) fight. What u guys think?

Connor only pursues fights that will max out ppv revenue and his mainstream popularity. He doesnt care about contenders or rankings. If a Diaz will make him an extra few million then he is going that route.

Khabib is absoulutely unknown to casual MMA fans, so it will be interesting to see what he does once he is off paternity leave. If he does fight Khabib he would be carrying the entire event on his shoulders and would probably ask for a much higher guaranteed $$$ to do it.

The only thing that seems to be possible is Khabibs russian popularity may have a higher $$$ to it then many understand. He may ultimately bring in higher russian TV revenue, or possible some other revenue stream tied to his nationality. Maybe this makes him a more viable opponent...

McGregor isnt scared of Khabib if he's scared of anything it's the chance of him losing therefor losing some of his star power . McGregor is doing a pretty good job of making solid financial moves and at the same time building his legacy . People can hate the guy all they want but he is trying to get rich and make sure he is set for life before this all comes to an end . I 100% believe if mcgregor didn't have anything to lose ( belt ,money , momentum ) he would fight Khabib at anytime .

These guys are professional fighters

They are not scared

Fucking idiots

Nope. But he has the ability to duck him if khabib destroys tony. Cause you know, conor.

Youre Conor

A. fight a guy in your division that is a match up nightmare for you (basically either Ferg or Bib is a bad match up) - make 5-10 mil and have a really good shot to lose the title.

B. Fight a Boxing Goat , take minimal damage , make close to 50 Mil after all said n done , keep your LW title , keep all cred as no shame in losign a boxing match to the GOAT when youre not even a boxer ....... make 5 times as much with no risk ..................... I fight May as well

Back