Is CM Punk officially the worst fighter to step foot in the octagon?

he needs to fight sarah eubanks at 180lbs

OP may have forgotten this guy exists.

712rg1.jpg

Then again, I'd pay to see Prime Harold Howard and CM Punk in the ring. Just imagine the skills at work.

He'd lick CM Punk (in the informal sense).

712rg1.jpg

Then again, I'd pay to see Prime Harold Howard and CM Punk in the ring. Just imagine the skills at work.

Harold Howard could fight, he won a decent scrap against that Muay Thai guy early on, not quite modern MMA but he had more skill than Punk.

Cindy Dandois might be up there in the conversation. Yes I know she has had one or two notable wins in other organisation but.....she looked god awful in her UFC fight, like a child in kindergarten flailing out, and was cut more or less immediately.

Lmao, holy shit, thank you TS. That was funny as hell. Excellent comments to describe the gifs that so brilliantly elucidate the sublime martial art skill we got the privilege of witnessing.

Jason Thacker? Actually they're close to the same size. Book it Bellator.

Matchmaking didnt help punk but it is safe to say that he was a joke; i mean he trained like day and night for 2 years?
Worst ever? Overall? Yeah probably, i think he would possibly outbox ronda handily though; i can see that upercut sneaking through ronda's tourqing punches.

tbh he is what the average sherdogger rolling off the couch would look like if they got into the cage.

Probably. But he didn't roll off the couch, he's been training full time for a couple of years now. Yesterday I sparred with a 17 y.o. beginner girl and she looked like Saenchai compared to CM Punk.

712rg1.jpg

Harold Howard may have been corny but he wasn't as bad as people seem to think. At least he has a win in MMA and his 1st victim was a Muay Thai guy of all people.

With a big of BJJ training added I'd bet on Harold vs CM Punk.

He had a 0-0 ammy record and 0-0 pro record upon first fight in the octagon. Can you really call Punk a fighter?

Cindy Dandois might be up there in the conversation. Yes I know she has had one or two notable wins in other organisation but.....she looked god awful in her UFC fight, like a child in kindergarten flailing out, and was cut more or less immediately.
Dandois looks retarted when striking but se has a legit ground game, so she's already far more skills than Punk.

The early UFC fighters also mostly had a MA background so the same basically goes for them.
Gordeau or Hackney, even Howard would probably kill Phil...

I don't think he's the worst. There were a few characters in the early UFC that similarly had no business being there. With the training Phil has now, he could probably take some of them out - it would be a disgrace if he didn't.

As a fighter, however, he just doesn't have it. Like a lot of people. You can see it in the way they move, the way they defend, the way they throw the wrong strikes at the wrong time, the way they take punches and so on. They just weren't ever meant to be fighters. They don't have those genes, or the mentality. That natural fighter's instinct isn't there. Like in most women, obviously. Look at how women tend to move in a fighting situation. It quickly becomes apparent that they just weren't ever put together to fight anyone, and that isn't just due a matter of lacking strength or athleticism. They're just not fighters. And then when you've seen enough of that, it becomes easier to spot those traits in men as well, where they're (usually) much less obvious. Just look at CM Punk's hopeless uppercuts, for instance: That's not because of lack of training alone. It's because he doesn't really have it. He wants to be a fighter, but he'll never be one.

Kudos to the guy for stepping up, though. And for following his dreams, no matter how wrong they were. He didn't let fear get in his way, and he should be applauded for that. Much like the idiots who let him fight in the UFC should be slapped around a bit for doing something so utterly stupid.

Dandois looks retarted when striking but se has a legit ground game, so she's already far more skills than Punk.

The early UFC fighters also mostly had a MA background so the same basically goes for them.
Gordeau or Hackney, even Howard would probably kill Phil...
agreed on that : her ground game is fine. Just the striking part kinda ruins it.

I think from UFC 1 to this day we've never seen someone worse than that

Training.. he can uppercut you from anywhere
tumblr_oc7o62kZjB1qhfh4lo1_540.gif

tumblr_obo4f8iRfP1qd4esao2_r1_500.gif

CM-Punk-sparring-1.gif

Who else has the bollocks to start a fight with a powerful right hand?
tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

Barboza esque leg kicks
00c31228acf37e30b5dded2c769a1fbb.gif

3bb56ccaf76b7b7c71c2a0c5412c27ad.gif

He's just ferocious
UFC-23.gif

b554b85ebebdc32dd763d456242d8d7f.gif

Uberknees
6ad95bf07c04fa0e3e32f40b80a4c7c5.gif

Slick roll
4b19bcd4f99276024a851ef37a417595.gif

Respect to king of pop for escaping that triangle
b830e33d4e6bef8a0c02f6c3fbdddfab.gif
CM Punk is not good in sports
giphy.gif

Wow... Some of you guys need to watch the first several UFC's when they had the one night tournaments. You had guys that literally never trained before like John Hess and that cab driver that Don Frye KO'd Thomas Ramirez. CM Punk is definitely not good or deserves to be anywhere near the UFC, but he is a lot better than some of those fighters from the early UFC's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back