Is CM Punk officially the worst fighter to step foot in the octagon?

Hilarious OP dude. The commentary on those gifs had me laughing. But to answer your question...yes.

I've been to many MMA gyms over the last 8 years and have seen tons of average people come and go. Not even joking when I say that your average 30 something off the street with 6 months training would handle Punk quite easily.

Aside from his complete lack of timing and accuracy, explosive power, grappling and striking IQ, has what I can only call a 'goofy' output. His guillotine attempt from standing position, his infuriatingly shit guard, his stumbling feet....and that striking. He has flailing hands and defense like a female. Girls typically take longer to drop those bad habits and sharpen their striking. Men are usually naturally more inclined to at least keep their limbs in check while sparring. For whatever reason, Punk just can't seem to overcome those beginner faults.

Even non-athletic dudes usually have SOME sort of strength in MMA...Punk is literally void of talent in this sport.

He was a huge embarrassment for the UFC and the credibility hit the company took will never be repaired.

Strange Brew didn't do so well from memory

I've seen some of smokers, Strange Brew actually had some decent kickboxing fundamentals. I would pick a prime Strange Brew over CM Punk in a heart beat.

I think maybe 2 or 3 from UFC 1-5 may have been worse but struggling to recall names.

Yes. Maybe some of those guys from the freak show era are in the conversation, but at least they probably had some type of martial arts background.

OP may have forgotten this guy exists.

712rg1.jpg

Then again, I'd pay to see Prime Harold Howard and CM Punk in the ring. Just imagine the skills at work.

Harold would absolutely murder Punk.

If we are talking about 'worst fighter' *in* the octagon, I'd say James Toney has that title. CM at least trained for MMA, Toney rolled his ass off the couch for his fight and performed significantly worse than Punk did in either bout, imo.

Course, Toney is/was a hell of a lot more naturally talented/athletic, world class boxer, and could probably still KO Punk in a boxing ring even if he had his legs amputated before the fight.

Still, I'd give the nod to Toney for worst to step foot in the octagon, if we are judging it strictly by their performances in the octagon.

Cindy Dandois. Good friend of Miesha Tate.... which.....might have been influential in Dandois getting into the UFC (very briefly).
“Might” LOL

Slutate embarrassed herself by getting Dandois and hubby into UFC and them failing miserably. Now both of them are on Bellator, also by Tate’s influences. Wonder what she does to get lame fighters into big organizations...
<6><Dana05><{danawhoah}>

Eh don't shit on the guy. He doesn't belong in the UFC but for an old guy who trains. He is normal

Correct, and it just shows what a joke the 'athleticism' in pro-wrestling is.
the guy not only got destroyed SLOWLY after training in the most elite camp he seemed to not be able to move like a slow-spell in a video game took him over.

it's a huge embarassment for UFC they signed this guy and did what Brandon Scwab called 'make a wish for adults'

I think from UFC 1 to this day we've never seen someone worse than that

Training.. he can uppercut you from anywhere
tumblr_oc7o62kZjB1qhfh4lo1_540.gif

tumblr_obo4f8iRfP1qd4esao2_r1_500.gif

CM-Punk-sparring-1.gif

Who else has the bollocks to start a fight with a powerful right hand?
tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

Barboza esque leg kicks
00c31228acf37e30b5dded2c769a1fbb.gif

3bb56ccaf76b7b7c71c2a0c5412c27ad.gif

He's just ferocious
UFC-23.gif

b554b85ebebdc32dd763d456242d8d7f.gif

Uberknees
6ad95bf07c04fa0e3e32f40b80a4c7c5.gif

Slick roll
4b19bcd4f99276024a851ef37a417595.gif

Respect to king of pop for escaping that triangle