Is Carvalho by far the worst Bellator champ?

Rafael is really good. He is very versatile in his striking and grappling. He has finishes in 2/3 championship fights. He never had any hype behind him and his first fight with Melvin was shit, but other than that he's a good fighter. Would probably be top 10 MW in UFC
Carvalho used his reach and perfectly exploited Manhoef's height. He peppered him with body shots until he found an opening and took advantage of Manhoef's shot chin. Everything went right for Carvalho in that fight, great gameplan.

I dunno about top 10 in the UFC though, I think he would certainly do better than McCrory and Lombard did. I honestly don't know why Vitor is still considered top 10.

TRAVIS WUIFF UNCROWNED BELLATOR MW KING AND YAMMA PIT BOSS
2011-12 were some weird times for Bellator indeed, LMAO.
1.gif

Carvalho used his reach and perfectly exploited Manhoef's height. He peppered him with body shots until he found an opening and took advantage of Manhoef's shot chin. Everything went right for Carvalho in that fight, great gameplan.

I dunno about top 10 in the UFC though, I think he would certainly do better than McCrory and Lombard did. I honestly don't know why Vitor is still considered top 10.

2011-12 were some weird times for Bellator indeed, LMAO.
1.gif
I remember they were showing him jogging after his fights talking about how he's always ready etc etc....Yea they were strange times. I have always absolutely loved Bellator though I look forward to every event honestly..But those seasonal tournaments under Bjorn EVERY Friday were so good man

Christian M'Pumbu.

At least Rafael Carvalho never lost as champion.

Pretty sure he's talking currently, not historically. Carvalho also lost the first fight with Manhoef according to most people, which is why this rematch happened.

I remember they were showing him jogging after his fights talking about how he's always ready etc etc....Yea they were strange times. I have always absolutely loved Bellator though I look forward to every event honestly..But those seasonal tournaments under Bjorn EVERY Friday were so good man
The divisions have sure come a long way from Eric Prindle being #1 contender LMAO. I remember lurking Sherdog and seeing the Ron Sparks and Dan Hornbuckle hype. Then, y'know, Cole Konrad and Ben Askren happened. I get a little nostalgic for kicking back and watching the tournaments after a long day in high school.

I thought M'Pumbu would be top 10 in the UFC for some reason. And this was back when we had prime Rampage, Machida, Jones, Shogun, and Evans at LHW.

The divisions have sure come a long way from Eric Prindle being #1 contender LMAO. I remember lurking Sherdog and seeing the Ron Sparks and Dan Hornbuckle hype. Then, y'know, Cole Konrad and Ben Askren happened. I get a little nostalgic for kicking back and watching the tournaments after a long day in high school.

I thought M'Pumbu would be top 10 in the UFC for some reason. And this was back when we had prime Rampage, Machida, Jones, Shogun, and Evans at LHW.
Ugh, I wanted Dan Hornbuckle to make it really big. He was the champ in the MMA promotion in my home city and was a cool dude. Then he Ko'd Gono and Nick Thompson. He didnt have a bad career but I was rooting for him so hard against Askren

Ugh, I wanted Dan Hornbuckle to make it really big. He was the champ in the MMA promotion in my home city and was a cool dude. Then he Ko'd Gono and Nick Thompson. He didnt have a bad career but I was rooting for him so hard against Askren
I thought Dan Hornbuckle would be like Bellator Nick Diaz or something. He was skinny, had good Jiu-Jitsu, and had some pretty good fights.

I was expecting to see him fight Lyman Good for the Bellator title. Of course, this was way before I knew who Ben Askren was. I didn't hear about him for a long time until he lost to Roger Carroll in 2014, fucking ouch.

Dan Hornbuckle had some potential but Ron Sparks LOL

Carvalho is the Champion of the weakest Bellator division, so that make him the worst champion?

Rafael is really good. He is very versatile in his striking and grappling. He has finishes in 2/3 championship fights. He never had any hype behind him and his first fight with Melvin was shit, but other than that he's a good fighter. Would probably be top 10 MW in UFC

Put him in top 15, he'd be there with guys like Kelly, Vitor, Alvey. Def fights he could win.

Think his ceiling would be right around 9-10 in the MW div. ,

I think Bellator sold us the guy as the Bellator's Jon Jones

I think Bellator sold us the guy as the Bellator's Jon Jones
He had some hype around him after winning a shitty Bellator tournament. I do vaguely remember some comparisons of him to Jon Jones, not by the Bellator hype machine though (too long ago for me to remember). This was around the time Jones annihilated Shogun so people got a little excited about the "new breed'.

Christian M'Pumbu losing to Travis Wiuff while holding the title put an end to his hype and the non-title fight thing Bjorn did. I didn't hear about him for a while until he got KO'd by a fairly motivated Rampage Jackson years later.

Christian M'Pumbu was a case of "right place, right time" to win the Bellator belt. Once Bellator started adding guys like Vegh, Newton, and Wiuff to it's LHW division, M'Pumbu's glory days were numbered. When Bellator signed UFC/Strikeforce imports in 2013, the M'Pumbu era was quickly forgotten.

Dan Hornbuckle had some potential but Ron Sparks LOL

I remember Sparks looking to takedown Mighty Mo a "World Class Kickboxer" and ended up getting taken down and ended up getting submitted himself lmao

I remember Sparks looking to takedown Mighty Mo a "World Class Kickboxer" and ended up getting taken down and ended up getting submitted himself lmao
Lolllllllllll that's gold. Mighty Mo killing it in ROAD FC these days Openweight Grand prix champ and has defended his belt twice I think. Always wanted too see Alexander Lungu fight Mo

Carvalho is like bellator version of bisping lucky to win that belt hehe

Back