Is Carvalho by far the worst Bellator champ?

Muay Thai #1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Bellator has some pretty good names and fighters in all divisions, but currently MW just seems so weak in Bellator.

Any chance Carvalho can hold on to the MW belt with all the new talent Bellator is signing these days?

Last edited:
Christian M'Pumbu.

At least Rafael Carvalho never lost as champion.

Rafael has gotten a ton of shit, but he is pretty good at the end of it all.

Rafael is really good. He is very versatile in his striking and grappling. He has finishes in 2/3 championship fights. He never had any hype behind him and his first fight with Melvin was shit, but other than that he's a good fighter. Would probably be top 10 MW in UFC

Well no, his grappling is terrible. He can't hold down Melvin who has almost no ground game to speak of

Rafael has gotten a ton of shit, but he is pretty good at the end of it all.
If Rafael Carvalho is great, in time, people will let the shitty first Carvalho vs Manhoef fight go.

Generally, nobody really mentions Anderson Silva's fights against Maia and Leites anymore.

Christian M'Pumbu.

At least Rafael Carvalho never lost as champion.
Sorry, I meant to say current champ.

And Carvalho was definitely gifted a decision in his first fight with Melvin...so he obviously should have lost that fight

as it stands he currently is. Of all time? no there have been plenty of worse bellator beltholders

I don't think so (all time), but I was thinking while I was watching the fight and the crowd started to cheer when Melvin finally landed some shots, that Carvalho probably is the least beloved champion in all Bellator's history

Sorry, I meant to say current champ.

And Carvalho was definitely gifted a decision in his first fight with Melvin...so he obviously should have lost that fight
Ah, maybe. You can make some cases for other fighters
- Michael Chandler is a paper champ
- Phil Davis is even more boring than Carvalho
- Eduardo Dantas lost during one of his previous reigns
- Daniel Straus hasn't fought once since winning the title

But I could see your case for Carvalho. I don't think Carvalho is even close to All-Time worst Bellator champ. M'Pumbu, Makovsky, Good, and Minakov were worse by a country mile.

But I could see your case for Carvalho. I don't think Carvalho is even close to All-Time worst Bellator champ. M'Pumbu, Makovsky, Good, and Minakov were worse by a country mile.

Minakov????

I thought Chandler won the 2nd fight with Eddie and barely edged out Brooks in their first fight at least.

Davis finished two fighters in one night, nearly Ko'd King Mo... the McGeary fight was kinda boring

I won money when Warren beat Dantas so that made me happy

And yeah... Straus hasn't defended the title yet, I kinda forgot about him

I think he's pretty good. He was improving as the fight went on. He rarely gets that much cage time I think he's getting better the longer he's in that cage. Tonight and the first Melvin fight we're the first time he's gotten deep into a fight. I think he's gonna be a good champ for Bellator. He has a good style. Long limbs throws a lot of strikes.

Yes and MW is their weakest of the main divisions IMO

I can't think of another guy who flip flops on performances so often.

- Looked absolutely horrible against Schilling
- Kicked the soul out of Halsey
- Had one of the worst fights of all time, and literally walked away before the final bell against Manhoef
- Sends Manhoef to the shadow realm with a headkick.

I can't think of another guy who flip flops on performances so often.

- Looked absolutely horrible against Schilling
- Kicked the soul out of Halsey
- Had one of the worst fights of all time, and literally walked away before the final bell against Manhoef
- Sends Manhoef to the shadow realm with a headkick.
And don't forget he was getting manhandled by Halsey in the first round. He basically lost that entire fight until that brutal liver kick

Part of me wants Mousasi not renew with the UFC, goes to Bellator and fuck this guy up.

Back