Is Brian Ortega the real deal?

Exciting guy, I'm a fan. Finishing Guida and Swanson are nice feathers in his cap.

I'm pretty excited to see him face Frankie, if he can win he is no doubt an elite talent. I think Edgar will take it, but if Ortega manages to pull it off he is the real deal for sure. Regardless of the results though he has put on some exciting fights already and should have a long and successful career.

Reminds me of Ferguson. Dangerous but clearly beatable

{<huh}

Yet Ferg is on an 11 fight winstreak and has beaten everyone in the deepest divsion in the UFC outside of 2 men, and Ortega is undefeated and on a 5 fight winstreak.

Fergs losses are due to some injuries and having no hands early on.

{<huh}

Yet Ferg is on an 11 fight winstreak and has beaten everyone in the deepest divsion in the UFC outside of 2 men, and Ortega is undefeated and on a 5 fight winstreak.

You can see the holes in both of their games. How many times have you seen either of them completely dominate a fight? They both lose large portions of each fight but then pull it out (for the most part, obviously there are outliers).

Ortega was known as the hail mary king for a while. Ferguson has been in wars even against lower ranked fighters.

The new hot young prospect... But with sick BJJ. Needs some boxing work. I expect his fight with Edgar to be exciting and maybe a surprise finish...
What kind of prospects?
We all know there are different kind of prospects, Erick Silva type prospects are one of them

I said back on his debut he would be a big star... Me and @grinderman were the only 2 dudes on this wagon at one point.

War Ortega.

Ortega doesn't have elite striking or wrestling. There will always be a few guys that'll have his number. Frankie being one of them.

I said back on his debut he would be a big star... Me and @grinderman were the only 2 dudes on this wagon at one point.

War Ortega.
I think it was pre-UFC for him, but he won me over on the BJJ Gracie channel when he fought those two cops at one time and they beat the crap out of him lol...

UFC seems to be hyping him up and I haven't seen any threads about him fighting cans and discrediting his wins.

He doesn't seem to talk trash and I kind of like his persona.

Is Brian Ortega sherdog's future poster boy? How long until the hipsters turn on him?

If he continues to improve his stand up, he's got a good chance. Also, depends if he can handle the pressure of the spotlight. Just ask Yair about that.

Sick bjj, but easy to hit. It’s only a matter of time before someone turns off his lights. Interesting style. He sort of waits for his openings as opposed to creating them. The longer the fight, the more I favor him over Frankie because of this approach.

Anyone who can handle Cub like that is legit. We'll find out if Frankie can answer this question for us in a couple weeks though. Can't wait.

War Ortega.
preach it brother!

he won some people over with his fresh apology for ped use, but he also straight way had a bunch of people black ball him for that. now that he is on a damn good tear, you still see some people say 'yea but he cheated...' well fuck it and fuck them!

war ortega!

{<huh}

preach it brother!

he won some people over with his fresh apology for ped use, but he also straight way had a bunch of people black ball him for that. now that he is on a damn good tear, you still see some people say 'yea but he cheated...' well fuck it and fuck them!

war ortega!

Holding peds against fighters is like holding speeding tickets against race drivers... They all do it, and it actually makes them better at their job.

I don't think if steroids when I think if Ortega... I think if a stone cold psycho that was fighting for pride years befire he did it for money, and still does it for the love. He has such a great mentality... And his comebacks are so ridiculously dramatic i don't see how anyone can dislike him over some hot piss 1/5th of the dude’s life ago.

WHOA, WHOA,WHOA... did you just refer to yourself in the third person ?

Me, I, payne all the same, we still a fan of Ortega

Last edited:
Holding peds against fighters is like holding speeding tickets against race drivers... They all do it, and it actually makes them better at their job.

I don't think if steroids when I think if Ortega... I think if a stone cold psycho that was fighting for pride years befire he did it for money, and still does it for the love. He has such a great mentality... And his comebacks are so ridiculously dramatic i don't see how anyone can dislike him over some hot piss 1/5th of the dude’s life ago.
this also got me gripped, but i only saw this before the cub fight. was well on board before!

i love how you describe him like one of those cold psychos from point break (in previous posts you have)! couldnt be more true!

Back